Browser hijacker is one of the most chilling type of malicious software floating around the Internet: an attack that may make some unwanted changes to user web-browser’s settings like startpage, new tab page and search engine by default. A lot of people have fallen victim to these kinds of attacks, looking the Web in hopes of finding the few simple steps on how to restore their favorite homepage and search engine. Now, computer geeks and Myantispyware lab have teamed up to create a free guide that help users remove Unstopaccess.com browser hijacker for free.
A malicious software which makes various changes to some settings of web-browsers on Unstopaccess.com usually affects only FF, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Edge. However, possible situations, when any other browsers will be affected too. The Unstopaccess.com hijacker infection may change the Target property of browser’s shortcuts, so every time you run the web browser, instead of your start page, you will see a completely different page.
If your machine is infected with Unstopaccess.com browser hijacker, every time you launch your web browser you will see this site. Of course you may setup your homepage again, but next time you launch a web-browser you will see that an unwanted start page return. As mentioned above, the browser hijacker can alter the default search provider on this intrusive web-site too, so all your search queries will be re-directed to an unknown search provider. Thus the authors of the browser hijacker infection may gather the search terms of your queries, and redirect you to annoying web-pages.
Some hijackers also contain adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) that can be used to show intrusive advertisements and or collect personal data that can be sold to third parties. These unwanted ads may be displayed as pop-unders, pop-ups, in-text ads, video advertisements, text links or banners or even massive full page ads. Most of the ad-supported software is designed to show advertisements, but certain adware is form of spyware that often used to track users to collect lots of personal information about you.
Table of contents
- What is Unstopaccess.com
- Remove Unstopaccess.com hijacker
- How to remove Unstopaccess.com without any software
- How to get rid of Unstopaccess.com redirect with free applications
- How to stop Unstopaccess.com
- How can you prevent your computer from the attack of Unstopaccess.com browser hijacker
- Finish words
We recommend you to free your machine of browser hijacker infection ASAP. Use the steps below which will help to remove Unstopaccess.com hijacker and ‘ad-supported’ applications, which can be installed onto your PC system along with it.
Remove Unstopaccess.com hijacker
The following tutorial will allow you to get rid of Unstopaccess.com redirect from the FF, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Edge. Moreover, the few simple steps below will allow you to remove malware like PUPs, adware and toolbars that your machine may be infected. Please do the instructions step by step. If you need assist or have any questions, then ask for our assistance or type a comment below. Certain of the steps will require you to reboot your system or exit the web page. So, read this tutorial carefully, then bookmark or print it for later reference.
How to remove Unstopaccess.com without any software
If you perform exactly the step-by-step guide below you should be able to delete the Unstopaccess.com browser hijacker.
Uninstalling the Unstopaccess.com, check the list of installed software first
The best way to begin the computer cleanup is to uninstall unknown and suspicious applications. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded software can clean up the FF, Chrome, IE and MS Edge from pop-ups hijackers and so on.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It will show a list of all software installed on your system. Scroll through the all list, and remove any suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort programs by date in the Control panel.
Disinfect the web-browser’s shortcuts to delete Unstopaccess.com redirect
A browser hijacker can hijack various Windows shortcuts on your desktop (most often, all web-browsers shortcuts), so in this step you need to check and clean them by removing the argument like http://site.address/.
Right click on the shortcut of infected browser like below.
Select the “Properties” option and it’ll open a shortcut’s properties. Next, press the “Shortcut” tab and then delete the “http://site.address” string from Target field as shown on the screen below.
Then click OK to save changes. Repeat the step for all web browsers which are rerouted to an unwanted web site.
Remove Unstopaccess.com hijacker from Firefox
Resetting your Firefox is good initial troubleshooting step for any issues with your browser application, including the redirect to unwanted and misleading web pages.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu like below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as shown below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to restore your FF internet browser settings to its original state.
Delete Unstopaccess.com from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the browser hijacker, malicious and adware extensions, as well as to restore the web-browser’s startpage, new tab and search provider by default that have been modified by hijacker.
- First, launch the Google Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Chrome main menu, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Show advanced settings” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset settings prompt as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the web-browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Delete Unstopaccess.com browser hijacker from IE
First, start the IE, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then click the “Internet Options” as shown below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button like below.
When the task is finished, press “Close” button. Close the IE and reboot your PC for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your internet browser’s home page, newtab page and default search engine to default state.
How to get rid of Unstopaccess.com redirect with free applications
Manual removal is not always as effective as you might think. Often, even the most experienced users can not completely remove hijacker infection from the infected machine. So, we suggest to check your computer for any remaining malicious components with free browser hijacker removal software below.
How to automatically get rid of Unstopaccess.com with Zemana Anti-malware
We suggest you to run the Zemana Anti-malware that are completely clean your system. Moreover, the utility will help you to get rid of PUPs, malicious software, toolbars and adware that your system can be infected too.
- Please download Zemana anti malware to your desktop from the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When downloading is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your personal computer. Next, launch a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of Zemana anti malware onto your machine. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the anti-malware will launch and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button for checking your PC system for the browser hijacker infection . This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. During the scan it’ll detect all threats exist on your PC.
- When it has finished scanning your system, the results are displayed in the scan report.
- When you are ready, click the “Next” button to start cleaning your computer. Once the procedure is complete, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
- Close the Zemana Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Run Malwarebytes to remove Unstopaccess.com
We suggest using the Malwarebytes Free. You may download and install Malwarebytes to find and remove Unstopaccess.com hijacker from your PC system. When installed and updated, the free malware remover will automatically scan and detect all threats present on the PC system.
Download Malwarebytes by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
After downloading is done, close all software and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup as shown on the image below.
When the installation starts, you will see the “Setup wizard” that will help you install Malwarebytes on your personal computer.
Once setup is complete, you will see window like below.
Now press the “Scan Now” button for checking your system for the browser hijacker and other malware and adware. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your PC and the speed of your PC system. While the tool is scanning, you can see count of objects and files has already scanned.
Once the system scan is finished, the results are displayed in the scan report. When you’re ready, click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes will start removing Unstopaccess.com hijacker related files, folders, registry keys. Once disinfection is complete, you may be prompted to restart your computer.
The following video explains tutorial on how to remove browser hijacker with Malwarebytes Anti-malware.
Delete Unstopaccess.com hijacker from web browsers with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a free portable program that scans your computer for ad-supported software, potentially unwanted applications and browser hijackers like Unstopaccess.com and helps remove them easily. Moreover, it’ll also allow you delete any harmful web browser extensions and add-ons.
- Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the following link.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: July 23, 2019
- Select the file location as Desktop, and then press Save.
- When the download is finished, launch the AdwCleaner, double-click the adwcleaner_xxx.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the AdwCleaner window, click the “Scan” to perform a system scan for the Unstopaccess.com hijacker infection which cause a redirect to unwanted and ad web pages. This process can take some time, so please be patient. While the utility is scanning, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- When it has finished scanning your computer, it will show you the results. Review the report and then click “Clean”. If the AdwCleaner will ask you to restart your machine, press “OK”.
The step-by-step instructions shown in detail in the following video.
How to stop Unstopaccess.com
In order to increase your security and protect your computer against new undesired ads and malicious pages, you need to use ad blocking application that stops an access to malicious advertisements and pages. Moreover, the program can block the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web-sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Installing the AdGuard ad blocker program is simple. First you will need to download AdGuard by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
Once the downloading process is finished, double-click the downloaded file to start it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as shown on the image below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick instructions as shown in the figure below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick instructions that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you launch your computer, AdGuard will run automatically and block pop ups, web sites such Unstopaccess.com, as well as other harmful or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
How can you prevent your computer from the attack of Unstopaccess.com browser hijacker
After completing the guidance outlined above, your PC system should be free from the Unstopaccess.com browser hijacker and other adware and malware. The Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Edge and IE will no longer display an unwanted homepage on startup. Unfortunately, if the tutorial does not help you, then you have caught a new browser hijacker, and then the best way – ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.