The NJoy Music Search Plus is a browser hijacker. As a result, your startpage, newtab and default search engine are changed by NJoy Music Search and all your search results are redirected to this unwanted web page or other domains. It can also create lots of pop-up ads on your personal computer and increase your vulnerability. With the step by step guidance below, you can remove it completely.
The NJoy Music Search Plus browser hijacker can modify certain settings of all your typical web-browsers, but often that the unwanted software may also infect all types of web browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user to see an undesired web-site every time launch the browser.
Being infected by NJoy Music Search Plus browser hijacker, every time you run your web browser you will see this web page. Of course you can setup your homepage again, but next time you run a browser you will see that NJoy Music Search return. As mentioned above, the browser hijacker can change the default search engine on this intrusive web-page too, so all your search queries will be redirected to NJoy Music Search. Thus the authors of the hijacker may gather the search terms of your queries, and redirect you to unwanted web sites.
The NJoy Music Search Plus hijacker is not a virus, but the virus behaves similarly. As a rootkit hides in the system, can make changes to current settings of web browsers, and blocks them from changing. Also this browser hijacker may install additional internet browser addons, extensions and modules that will open ads and popups. And finally, the NJoy Music Search Plus hijacker can collect user info such as what web-pages you are opening, what you are looking for the Web and so on. This information, in the future, may be sold to third parties.
We suggest you to free your PC of hijacker infection as quickly as possible. Use the instructions below which will allow to delete NJoy Music Search and ‘ad-supported’ programs, that may be installed onto your personal computer along with it.
Table of contents
- What is NJoy Music Search Plus
- Remove NJoy Music Search Plus
- How to manually delete NJoy Music Search Plus
- Uninstall all ad supported software and other PUPs through the Windows Control Panel
- Clean up the web-browsers shortcuts which have been hijacked
- Remove NJoy Music Search Plus redirect from Chrome
- Get rid of NJoy Music Search Plus redirect from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove NJoy Music Search Plus from Internet Explorer
- How to delete NJoy Music Search Plus with free applications
- How to manually delete NJoy Music Search Plus
- Run AdBlocker to block NJoy Music Search Plus and stay safe online
- Don’t know how your web-browser has been hijacked by NJoy Music Search Plus browser hijacker?
- To sum up
Remove NJoy Music Search Plus
In the few simple steps below we will have a look at the browser hijacker infection and how to get rid of NJoy Music Search Plus from Firefox, Google Chrome, IE and MS Edge web-browsers for MS Windows OS, natively or by using a few free removal tools. Some of the steps will require you to restart your computer or exit the web page. So, read this guidance carefully, then bookmark or print it for later reference.
How to manually remove NJoy Music Search Plus
The useful removal tutorial for the NJoy Music Search Plus . The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to remove NJoy Music Search Plus let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
Uninstall all ad supported software and other PUPs through the Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to identify and uninstall the program that causes the appearance of intrusive advertisements or browser redirect, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will open a list of all applications installed on the computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort applications by date.
See more details in the video guidance below.
Clean up the web-browsers shortcuts which have been hijacked
Once the hijacker is started, it can also alter the internet browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument like “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you start the internet browser, it will open an undesired web-site.
Click the right mouse button to a desktop shortcut that you use to launch your web browser. Next, select the “Properties” option. Important: necessary to click on the desktop shortcut for the web-browser which is redirected to the NJoy Music Search or other undesired site.
Further, necessary to look at the text which is written in the “Target” field. The hijacker can rewrite the contents of this field, which describes the file to be start when you open your web-browser. Depending on the internet browser you are using, there should be:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
If you are seeing an unknown text similar “http://site.addres” which has been added here, then you should remove it, like below.
Next, press the “OK” button to save the changes. Now, when you open the internet browser from this desktop shortcut, it does not occur automatically redirect on the NJoy Music Search page or any other annoying sites. Once the step is complete, we recommend to go to the next step.
Remove NJoy Music Search Plus redirect from Chrome
Use the Reset web browser utility of the Google Chrome to reset all its settings such as startpage, new tab and default search provider to original defaults. This is a very useful utility to use, in the case of internet browser hijacks such as NJoy Music Search Plus.
Open the Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, click to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as on the image below and click the “Reset settings” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Reset” button.
Get rid of NJoy Music Search Plus redirect from Mozilla Firefox
If your Mozilla Firefox browser startpage has modified to NJoy Music Search without your permission or a an unknown search engine shows results for your search, then it may be time to perform the browser reset.
First, open the Firefox and press button. It will show the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Further, click the Help button () as shown on the image below
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation dialog box. Further, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the NJoy Music Search Plus browser hijacker. When, it is done, click the “Finish” button.
Remove NJoy Music Search Plus from Internet Explorer
By resetting Internet Explorer web browser you return your internet browser settings to its default state. This is first when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by browser hijacker like NJoy Music Search Plus.
First, start the Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will display the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web-browser, then press the “Internet Options” as shown in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The IE will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as shown in the figure below.
When the process is complete, press “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and reboot your machine for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web browser’s home page, new tab page and default search engine to default state.
How to delete NJoy Music Search Plus with free applications
Manual removal is not always as effective as you might think. Often, even the most experienced users can not completely get rid of browser hijacker from the infected PC. So, we recommend to check your machine for any remaining malicious components with free browser hijacker removal applications below.
How to automatically get rid of NJoy Music Search Plus with Zemana Anti-malware
We suggest using the Zemana Anti-malware that are completely clean your personal computer of the browser hijacker. The tool is an advanced malware removal application made by (c) Zemana lab. It’s able to help you get rid of potentially unwanted applications, browser hijackers, adware, malicious software, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your personal computer for free.
- Download Zemana antimalware (ZAM) by clicking on the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- When the download is done, close all software and windows on your personal computer. Open a folder in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is finished, click the “Scan” button for checking your machine for the browser hijacker that redirects your web-browser to the NJoy Music Search undesired page. Depending on your machine, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the program is scanning, you can see count of objects it has identified as threat.
- When it completes the scan, it will open a screen that contains a list of malicious software that has been detected. In order to get rid of all threats, simply click “Next”. Once disinfection is complete, you can be prompted to restart your computer.
How to automatically remove NJoy Music Search Plus with Malwarebytes
We suggest using the Malwarebytes Free. You may download and install Malwarebytes to detect and remove NJoy Music Search Plus redirect from your computer. When installed and updated, the free malicious software remover will automatically scan and detect all threats exist on the machine.
Download Malwarebytes Free on your system from the link below. Save it on your desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
Once the download is done, close all windows on your system. Further, open the file named mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as shown on the image below, click the “Yes” button.
It will display the “Setup wizard” that will assist you install Malwarebytes on the machine. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once install is finished successfully, press Finish button. Then Malwarebytes will automatically launch and you can see its main window as on the image below.
Next, click the “Scan Now” button . This will begin scanning the whole computer to find out browser hijacker which cause a reroute to NJoy Music Search. A scan may take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your computer and the speed of your PC system. When a threat is found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
Once the checking is finished, the results are displayed in the scan report. Next, you need to press “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes will start removing NJoy Music Search Plus browser hijacker and other security threats. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to reboot your machine. We suggest you look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the Malwarebytes to remove browser hijacker, ‘ad supported’ software and other malware.
Scan your computer and remove NJoy Music Search Plus with AdwCleaner
If MalwareBytes anti malware or Zemana anti malware cannot remove this browser hijacker, then we recommends to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal utility for browser hijackers, ad supported software, potentially unwanted applications and toolbars.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: November 26, 2019
- Once the downloading process is finished, double press the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, click “Scan” button to start scanning your computer for the NJoy Music Search Plus hijacker and other malware and ad-supported software. While the utility is scanning, you can see number of objects and files has already scanned.
- When it completes the scan, it’ll show a list of found threats. Next, you need to press “Clean” button. It will open a prompt, click “OK”.
These few simple steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Run AdBlocker to block NJoy Music Search Plus and stay safe online
We suggest to install an ad blocking program that can stop NJoy Music Search Plus and other intrusive pages. The ad blocking utility such as AdGuard is a program which basically removes advertising from the Internet and blocks access to malicious sites. Moreover, security experts says that using adblocker programs is necessary to stay safe when surfing the World Wide Web.
- Download AdGuard application by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When downloading is complete, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your PC system, AdGuard will start automatically and stop popups, web-pages such NJoy Music Search Plus, as well as other dangerous or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
Don’t know how your web-browser has been hijacked by NJoy Music Search Plus browser hijacker?
To sum up
Now your personal computer should be free of the NJoy Music Search Plus redirect. Delete AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep Malwarebytes (to periodically scan your PC system for new malware, browser hijackers and adware) and AdGuard (to help you stop intrusive pop-up advertisements and harmful pages). Moreover, to prevent browser hijackers, please stay clear of unknown and third party programs, make sure that your antivirus application, turn on the option to scan for PUPs (potentially unwanted programs).
If you need more help with NJoy Music Search Plus related issues, go to our Spyware/Malware removal forum.