If you keep receiving the NJoy Movies Search when you start the internet browser, then it could mean your browser has become the victim of malicious software from the browser hijacker family. Once installed, it can make changes to settings of installed web browsers. So, every time, when you will launch the internet browser, it will begin to show NJoy Movies Search instead of your startpage. Moreover, this malicious software can block an option to return your startpage.
A malicious software which modifies certain settings of browsers on NJoy Movies Search usually affects only Google Chrome, IE, FF and Edge. However, possible situations, when any other browsers will be affected too. A hijacker infection may change the Target property of web browser’s shortcuts, so every time you run the internet browser, instead of your start page, you will see a completely different site.
Being infected by NJoy Movies Search hijacker infection, every time you open your web-browser you will see this page. Of course you can setup your start page again, but next time you open a web-browser you will see that NJoy Movies Search home page return. As mentioned above, the hijacker can alter the default search engine on this unwanted site too, so all your search queries will be re-directed to NJoy Movies Search. Thus the authors of the hijacker infection may collect the search terms of your queries, and reroute you to intrusive web sites.
Although, NJoy Movies Search browser hijacker is not a virus, but it does bad things, and it imposes some changes to settings of all your typical internet browsers. Moreover, an adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) can be additionally installed on to your personal computer by this hijacker, which will show a ton of ads, or even massive full page ads that blocks surfing the World Wide Web. Often such these advertisements can recommend to install other unknown and unwanted programs or visit dangerous pages.
We recommend you to clean your PC of hijacker as soon as possible. Use the steps below that will allow to delete NJoy Movies Search and adware, that can be installed onto your computer along with it.
Table of contents
- What is NJoy Movies Search
- NJoy Movies Search removal guidance
- How to manually get rid of NJoy Movies Search
- How to automatically remove NJoy Movies Search hijacker
- Run AdBlocker to block NJoy Movies Search and stay safe online
- How can you prevent the NJoy Movies Search browser hijacker infection
- To sum up
NJoy Movies Search removal guidance
The answer is right here on this page. We have put together simplicity and efficiency. It will help you easily to clean your computer of hijacker infection. Moreover, you can select manual or automatic removal method. If you’re familiar with the computer then use manual removal, otherwise use the free anti-malware utility developed specifically to remove browser hijacker infection such as NJoy Movies Search. Of course, you can combine both methods. Some of the steps below will require you to exit the web-site. So, please read the step by step guidance carefully, after that bookmark or print it for later reference.
How to manually remove NJoy Movies Search
If you perform exactly the step-by-step tutorial below you should be able to remove the NJoy Movies Search start page.
Remove all ‘ad supported’ software and other PUPs through the MS Windows Control Panel
First method for manual hijacker infection removal is to go into the MS Windows “Control Panel”, then “Uninstall a program” console. Take a look at the list of programs on your PC and see if there are any suspicious and unknown applications. If you see any, you need to uninstall them. Of course, before doing so, you can do an Internet search to find details on the program. If it is a potentially unwanted program, adware or malware, you will likely find information that says so.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Microsoft Windows logo, and then press Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as shown on the image below.
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown on the screen below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and select the ‘Control Panel’ at right as shown on the screen below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 7 or Vista) as shown on the screen below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed applications and remove all software which has the name similar to the site that has been set as your Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge newtab page, startpage and search provider by default. We recommend to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed programs by date. uwhen you have found anything suspicious that may be the hijacker, ad-supported software or potentially unwanted applications, then select this application and press ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the suspicious program blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully remove it from your system.
Fix infected internet browsers shortcuts
Now you need to clean up the internet browser shortcuts. Check that the shortcut referring to the right exe-file of the web-browser, and not on any unknown file.
Click the right mouse button to a desktop shortcut which you use to open your web browser. Next, select the “Properties” option. Important: necessary to click on the desktop shortcut for the web browser which is redirected to an intrusive page.
Further, necessary to look at the text that is written in the “Target” field. The browser hijacker infection can replace the contents of this field, which describes the file to be start when you run your internet browser. Depending on the browser you are using, there should be:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
If you are seeing an unknown text similar “http://site.addres” which has been added here, then you should remove it, like below.
Next, click the “OK” button to save the changes. Now, when you open the web browser from this desktop shortcut, it does not occur automatically reroute on the NJoy Movies Search web site or any other intrusive sites. Once the step is finished, we recommend to go to the next step.
Remove NJoy Movies Search from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a easy way to get rid of the browser hijacker, dangerous and adware extensions, as well as to restore the internet browser’s startpage, new tab page and default search engine that have been changed by browser hijacker.
- First, start the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Show advanced settings” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset settings dialog box as on the image above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove NJoy Movies Search from Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
If the FF browser program is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Firefox settings such as startpage, newtab page and search engine by default to its default state. It will save your personal information such as saved passwords, bookmarks, and open tabs.
First, open the Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown in the figure below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove NJoy Movies Search home page from IE
By resetting Internet Explorer internet browser you return your browser settings to its default state. This is good initial when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by browser hijacker like NJoy Movies Search.
First, start the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The Internet Explorer will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your PC system for the changes to take effect. It will delete NJoy Movies Search browser hijacker, disable malicious and ad-supported browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings such as start page, newtab and search engine by default to default state.
How to automatically remove NJoy Movies Search hijacker
Many antivirus companies have designed applications that help detect and get rid of browser hijacker, and thereby return all your typical web browsers settings. Below is a a few of the free programs you may want to run. You system may have a huge number of potentially unwanted programs, ad supported software and hijackers installed at the same time, so we recommend, if any unwanted or malicious program returns after restarting the system, then start your PC into Safe Mode and use the anti malware utility again.
Scan and clean your system of NJoy Movies Search with Zemana Anti-malware
You can delete NJoy Movies Search automatically with a help of Zemana Anti-malware. We suggest this malicious software removal utility because it can easily remove browser hijackers, potentially unwanted programs, adware and toolbars with all their components such as folders, files and registry entries.
- Please download Zemana anti malware to your desktop from the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the download is finished, please close all applications and open windows on your PC system. Next, run a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of Zemana antimalware onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the anti-malware will open and show the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button for scanning your computer for the hijacker and other malicious software and adware. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC system. While the tool is scanning, you can see count of objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
- Once the scan is finished, the results are displayed in the scan report.
- Review the report and then click the “Next” button to begin cleaning your PC. Once the process is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the PC system.
- Close the Zemana Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Run Malwarebytes to get rid of NJoy Movies Search home page
You can remove NJoy Movies Search automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We recommend this free malicious software removal tool because it can easily get rid of browser hijacker infections, ad-supported software, potentially unwanted programs and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
Download Malwarebytes Free on your PC system from the link below. Save it on your desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
When the download is finished, close all windows on your system. Further, launch the file named mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up like below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” that will allow you install Malwarebytes on the machine. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once install is complete successfully, click Finish button. Then Malwarebytes will automatically run and you can see its main window as shown in the figure below.
Next, press the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the hijacker that cause a redirect to NJoy Movies Search. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. When a malicious software, adware or potentially unwanted software are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
Once the system scan is done, it’ll display a scan report. Review the report and then press “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes will begin removing NJoy Movies Search hijacker and other security threats. Once disinfection is complete, you can be prompted to restart your personal computer. We suggest you look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the Malwarebytes to get rid of browser hijacker, adware and other malware.
Scan your computer and remove NJoy Movies Search home page with AdwCleaner
If MalwareBytes antimalware or Zemana anti malware cannot remove this hijacker, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for hijackers, adware, potentially unwanted programs and toolbars.
- Download AdwCleaner from the following link.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: June 30, 2021
- Select the file location as Desktop, and then press Save.
- Once the downloading process is finished, start the AdwCleaner, double-click the adwcleaner_xxx.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the AdwCleaner window, press the “Scan” to perform a system scan with this tool for the NJoy Movies Search hijacker infection and other malware and adware. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient. During the scan it will detect all threats present on your machine.
- Once the checking is finished, you will be shown the list of all detected threats on your computer. Review the scan results and then press “Clean”. If the AdwCleaner will ask you to restart your computer, press “OK”.
The few simple steps shown in detail in the following video.
Run AdBlocker to block NJoy Movies Search and stay safe online
We recommend to install an ad blocking program that may stop NJoy Movies Search and other intrusive sites. The ad blocker tool such as AdGuard is a program which basically removes advertising from the World Wide Web and stops access to malicious pages. Moreover, security experts says that using ad blocker applications is necessary to stay safe when surfing the Internet.
- Download AdGuard program from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is finished, press “Skip” to close the setup application and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your machine, AdGuard will start automatically and stop popups, web-pages such NJoy Movies Search, as well as other malicious or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
How can you prevent the NJoy Movies Search browser hijacker infection
To sum up
Now your personal computer should be clean of the NJoy Movies Search. Uninstall AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop up advertisements and annoying harmful pages) and Malwarebytes (to periodically scan your PC system for new malware, browser hijackers and ad supported software). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new browser hijacker, dangerous applications and ad supported software are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove NJoy Movies Search from your web browser, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.