Have you found that your browser is redirected to a previously unseen web page called b.ads-line.men? If you answered ‘Yes’ then your need to know that your system is infected with an adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software). The adware is a type of dangerous software that modifies your machine’s web-browser settings so that you will be randomly redirected to an annoying ads. Use the step-by-step instructions below as soon as possible It will clean your computer from the ad-supported software and thereby delete unwanted b.ads-line.men ads. Moreover, the few simple steps will help you to block the ability to penetrate of more malicious viruses and trojans on your PC system.
The adware usually affects only the FF, Google Chrome, IE and MS Edge by changing the browser’s settings or installing a malicious extensions (addons). Moreover, possible situations, when any other web browsers will be affected too. The adware will perform a scan of the PC for web-browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the web browser shortcuts, it will add the argument like ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you start the browser, you will see an unwanted b.ads-line.men site.
What is more, the ad supported software may display ads depend on a web-site that you are visiting. That is, it is clear that this adware, without your permission, steals your private information such as: your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking, and much, much more. The adware may monetize its functionality by collecting data from your browsing sessions and selling it to third party companies. This puts your personal information at a security risk.
We suggest you to remove adware and clean your computer from b.ads-line.men advertisements as quickly as possible, until the presence of the adware has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the guide below that will allow you to completely delete the redirect to b.ads-line.men unwanted web page, using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free tools.
How did b.ads-line.men pop-up ads get on your system
How to manually remove b.ads-line.men ads
The simple answer is right here on this page. We have put together simplicity and efficiency. It’ll assist you easily to clean your system of adware. Moreover, you can choose manual or automatic removal method. If you are familiar with the PC system then use manual removal, otherwise use the free anti-malware utility designed specifically to get rid of adware that causes unwanted b.ads-line.men redirect. Of course, you can combine both methods. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to close your browser or reboot your system.
- Remove suspicious and unknown programs by using Windows Control Panel
- Delete b.ads-line.men ads from FF
- Delete b.ads-line.men pop-up ads from Google Chrome
- Get rid of b.ads-line.men pop-ups from IE
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete b.ads-line.men redirect
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Remove suspicious and unknown programs by using Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to identify and uninstall the program that causes the appearance of annoying advertisements and internet browser redirect to unwanted web sites, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as shown in the figure below.
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, press the ‘Uninstall a program’ under Programs category as shown below.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel like below.
Very carefully look around the entire list of installed software. Most likely, one or more of them are responsible for the web browser redirect to annoying b.ads-line.men pop-ups. If you have many programs installed, you can help simplify the search of malicious software by sort the list by date of installation. Once you have found a suspicious, unwanted or unused program, right click to it and press ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, click ‘Start’ button and select ‘Control Panel’ at right panel as shown in the figure below.
When the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to click ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ as shown on the image below.
You will see a list of software installed on your machine. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the programs that were installed last. Most likely they responsibility for the appearance of unwanted advertisements and web-browser redirect. If you are in doubt, you can always check the program by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. When the application, you need to uninstall, is found, simply click on its name, and then press ‘Uninstall’ like below.
Delete b.ads-line.men ads from FF
First, start the FF. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, click the “Help” button ().
In the Help menu, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page, click “Refresh Firefox” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Delete b.ads-line.men pop-up ads from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to delete the malware and ‘ad supported’ software, as well as to restore the web-browser’s settings that have been modified by adware.
- Now launch the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next, click the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is finished, your web browser’s settings will be restored to their original defaults. This will reset your startpage, new tab page and default search engine.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of b.ads-line.men pop-ups from IE
First, run the Internet Explorer, then press the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu like below. Next, click the “Internet Options”.
In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click on “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your machine for the changes to take effect.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete b.ads-line.men redirect
Once the ad supported software is started, it can also modify the web browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument like “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you launch the browser, it will be rerouted to an annoying ads.
To clear the internet browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text which starts with “http://” that has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the adware can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you open your PC system, it will display b.ads-line.men unwanted web page. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all tasks that have been created by unwanted applications.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard together. It will display a prompt which titled as Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown on the screen below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be open just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need delete this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it’s a component of the ‘ad-supported’ software, then this task also should be removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown on the image below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by adware. Once is complete, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to remove b.ads-line.men with free malware removal program
Manual removal b.ads-line.men pop-ups requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your PC system. Moreover, the freeware will help you to delete malware, internet browser hijackers and toolbars that your system may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click the Download button. Your web-browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- Once the download process is complete, please close all applications and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will launch the Setup wizard of Malwarebytes onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- Once the Setup wizard has finished installing, the malware remover will start and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your system for the adware that redirects your web browser to the b.ads-line.men unwanted web page. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- Once the scan is complete, it will open a screen that contains a list of malicious programs that has been found.
- When you are ready, click on “Quarantine Selected” button to start cleaning your computer. Once the procedure is finished, you may be prompted to restart your machine.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to block b.ads-line.men
To increase your security and protect your PC system against new annoying ads and malicious web sites, you need to use an application that stops access to harmful ads and web-pages. Moreover, the application can stop the display of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once the downloading process is finished, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is done, click “Skip” to close it and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see a quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will run automatically and block advertisements, b.ads-line.men redirects, as well as other dangerous or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your Windows desktop.
Scan your system and remove b.ads-line.men pop-up ads with AdwCleaner.
This removal application is free and easy to use. It can scan and get rid of ad-supported software, browser hijackers, malware and unwanted toolbars in Chrome, Internet Explorer, FF and Edge browsers and thereby restore back their default settings (homepage and search engine by default). AdwCleaner is powerful enough to find and remove malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the computer.
Download AdwCleaner utility from the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: April 28, 2022
When the download is done, open the directory in which you saved it and double-click the AdwCleaner icon. It will start the AdwCleaner tool and you will see a screen as shown on the screen below. If the User Account Control prompt will ask you want to show the program, click Yes button to continue.
Now, press the “Scan” for scanning your system for the ad-supported software that cause a redirect to b.ads-line.men ads.
When it has finished scanning, it will display a list of all items detected by this tool as shown in the figure below.
You need to click “Clean” button. It will show a dialog box, press “OK” to begin the cleaning process. When the clean up is done, the AdwCleaner may ask you to restart your computer. After restart, the AdwCleaner will display the log file.
All the above steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Now your machine should be free of the b.ads-line.men ads. Remove AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted popup ads and annoying malicious web-sites) and Malwarebytes (to periodically scan your computer for new malware and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new dangerous software and ad supported software are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to get rid of b.ads-line.men from your machine, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.