If the Chrome, Firefox, Edge and IE displays the helpcenter.online annoying site then most probably that your PC is infected with an ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware). This ad-supported software changes the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge settings to open a ton of annoying pop-ups on all web-pages, including web pages where previously you ads have never seen. These ads can be varied: pop-up windows, boxes, in-text ads, different sized banners and so on. What is more, the ad supported software, that shows the helpcenter.online pop-up ads, can cause your Internet connection to be slow or freeze your web-browser so that the interface is not updated anymore.
The ad-supported software can change the settings of the Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge, but often that a harmful software like this can also infect all types of web browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user each time run the web browser to see helpcenter.online unwanted advertisements.
What is more, the adware may show advertisements depend on a web-page that you are visiting. That is, it’s clear that this adware, without your permission, steals your private information such as: your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking, and much, much more. The adware may monetize its functionality by collecting data from your browsing sessions and selling it to third party companies. This puts your personal information at a security risk.
We suggest you to remove ‘ad supported’ software and clean your machine from helpcenter.online pop-up ads ASAP, until the presence of the ‘ad supported’ software has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the few simple steps below that will allow you to completely remove the reroute to helpcenter.online unwanted web site, using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free tools.
Tips to prevent ads and other unwanted programs
How to manually remove helpcenter.online redirect
This useful removal guide for the helpcenter.online ads. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to remove helpcenter.online advertisements let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Remove helpcenter.online pop-ups from FF
- Remove helpcenter.online pop-up ads from Google Chrome
- Delete helpcenter.online from Internet Explorer
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove helpcenter.online redirect
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to start the PC cleanup is to delete unknown and suspicious programs. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded software can clean up your internet browser from pop-up ads, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows key, click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will show the Windows Control Panel.
- Click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- You will see a list of all installed programs.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete suspicious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Remove helpcenter.online pop-ups from FF
First, launch the FF. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, press the “Help” button ().
In the Help menu, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page, click “Refresh Firefox” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove helpcenter.online pop-up ads from Google Chrome
Like other modern web browsers, the Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thereby remove the redirect to helpcenter.online unwanted ads which is caused by the adware.
At first, start the Chrome. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will appear the main menu. Click on the option named “Settings”. Another way to show the Google Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter.
The web browser will display the settings screen. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset settings” section is visible, like below and click the “Reset settings” button.
The Google Chrome will display the confirmation dialog box. You need to confirm your action, press the “Reset” button. The program will start the procedure of cleaning. When it’s finished, the web browser settings including the ‘block pop-ups’ option back to the values that have been when the Chrome was first installed on your personal computer.
Delete helpcenter.online from Internet Explorer
First, start the Internet Explorer, then press button. Next, press “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer” settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your PC system for the changes to take effect. It will restore the IE’s settings such as homepage and search engine by default to default state, disable ad-supported browser’s extensions and thereby get rid of the redirect to helpcenter.online unwanted site.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove helpcenter.online redirect
Once the adware is started, it can also change the web browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument such as “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you launch the web-browser, it will be rerouted to an unwanted advertisements.
To clear the internet browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that starts with “http://” that has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the ad supported software can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you launch your computer, it will display helpcenter.online annoying site. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and get rid of all tasks that have been created by ‘ad-supported’ application.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard together. It will open a dialog box which called Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown on the screen below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be open just below automatically. Next, press the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need get rid of this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it’s a component of the malicious application, then this task also should be removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown on the screen below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by ‘ad-supported’ software. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
Remove helpcenter.online ads automatically
You can remove helpcenter.online pop-up ads automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We recommend this free malware removal tool because it can easily remove ad supported software, browser hijackers, potentially unwanted programs and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
Download Malwarebytes Free on your system by clicking on the link below. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
After downloading is complete, close all windows on your system. Further, launch the file named mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as shown below, click the Yes button.
It will show the “Setup wizard” which will allow you install Malwarebytes on the machine. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once the setup is finished successfully, click Finish button. Then Malwarebytes will automatically start and you can see its main window like below.
Next, click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the malware and adware which cause the helpcenter.online ads. When a threat is found, the number of the detected objects will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is complete. Please be patient.
When it has finished scanning your machine, you can check all threats detected on your personal computer. Make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes will start removing malware and adware that cause helpcenter.online . When the disinfection is complete, you may be prompted to restart your computer. I recommend you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the Malwarebytes to remove adware and other harmful software.
How to stop helpcenter.online ads
To increase your security and protect your computer against new annoying advertisements and malicious web-pages, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous ads and web-sites. Moreover, the program can block the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When the download is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is done, click “Skip” to close it and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see a quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop pop-up ads, helpcenter.online redirects, as well as other malicious or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with helpcenter.online redirect is still remained
If MalwareBytes cannot remove helpcenter.online pop-up ads, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: July 23, 2019
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once the utility is started the main screen will appear as shown on the image above.
- Now, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the ad supported software that generates helpcenter.online ads.
- When the system scan is finished, AdwCleaner will display a scan report. Review the report and then click “Clean” button. It will show a dialog box, click “OK” button.
The following video explains the instructions above on how to get rid of ad-supported software with AdwCleaner.
Once you have finished the step-by-step guide outlined above, your system should be clean from malware and adware. The Google Chrome, FF, Microsoft Edge and IE will no longer show helpcenter.online annoying advertisements and redirect you to unknown pages. Unfortunately, if the guide does not help you, then you have caught a new type of ad-supported software, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis by clicking on the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next click “Do a system scan only” button.
- Once the checking is finished, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the annoying helpcenter.online ads.