The very appearance 1900.secure-link.me web site in your web-browser is a sign of ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware) which installed on your PC system. Moreover, the adware can lead to the internet browser freezing/crash, delays when starting a new web-browser window or delays when viewing a web-page on the World Wide Web. I think you definitely want to solve this problem. For this purpose, necessity to perform cleanup of your system. You need to follow the step-by-step guide below that will allow you to remove 1900.secure-link.me advertisements and clean your PC system from the ad supported software using the standard features of Windows and some proven free applications.
The malicious programs from the adware family that changes the settings of web browsers usually affects only the Firefox, Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and MS Edge. However, possible situations, when any other web browsers will be affected too. The ad supported software may change the Target property of a web browser’s shortcut, so every time you start the web-browser, instead of your startpage, you will see the annoying 1900.secure-link.me ads.
Technically, the adware is not a virus, but it does bad things, it generates a large amount of ads, hindering or completely blocking the work in the internet browser. It may install other unknown and unwanted applications without your permission, force you to visit harmful web-sites. Moreover, the adware can download and install browser hijacker. Once installed, it’ll modify your startpage with an unwanted web page.
So, obviously, you need to get rid of the adware as quickly as possible. Use the free guide below. This guide will help you clean your PC system and thereby remove the 1900.secure-link.me unwanted pop-up ads.
How can you prevent your computer from the attack of 1900.secure-link.me pop-ups
How to manually remove 1900.secure-link.me
The simple answer is right here on this page. We have put together simplicity and efficiency. It’ll allow you easily to clean your personal computer of adware. Moreover, you can choose manual or automatic removal method. If you are familiar with the system then use manual removal, otherwise use the free anti-malware utility designed specifically to remove ad-supported software that causes annoying 1900.secure-link.me advertisements. Of course, you can combine both methods. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to close your internet browser or reboot your PC.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete 1900.secure-link.me redirect
- Delete 1900.secure-link.me redirect from Chrome
- Remove 1900.secure-link.me pop-up ads from Firefox
- Delete 1900.secure-link.me pop-up ads from IE
- Get rid of unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to identify and remove the program that causes the appearance of annoying ads and web browser redirect to unwanted web sites, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter like below.
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, press the ‘Uninstall a program’ under Programs category as shown below.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel as shown below.
Very carefully look around the entire list of installed programs. Most likely, one or more of them are responsible for the internet browser redirect to annoying 1900.secure-link.me pop-up ads. If you have many programs installed, you can help simplify the search of malicious applications by sort the list by date of installation. Once you have found a suspicious, unwanted or unused program, right click to it and press ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, press ‘Start’ button and select ‘Control Panel’ at right panel as shown on the image below.
When the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to press ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ as shown on the screen below.
You will see a list of applications installed on your computer. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the applications that were installed last. Most likely they responsibility for the appearance of unwanted pop-ups and internet browser redirect. If you are in doubt, you can always check the program by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. When the application, you need to remove, is found, simply click on its name, and then click ‘Uninstall’ as shown on the screen below.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to delete 1900.secure-link.me redirect
When the ad supported software is started, it can also alter the web browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument similar “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you run the browser, it will be rerouted to an unwanted advertisements.
To clear the internet browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that begins with “http://” which has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your web-browsers, as they may be infected too.
Delete 1900.secure-link.me redirect from Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to delete the malicious and ad-supported extensions, as well as to restore the browser’s home page, newtab page and search provider by default that have been changed by adware.
- Open the Chrome, then click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click the “Show advanced settings” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- Further, click the “Reset settings” button, that located at the bottom of the Advanced settings page.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset settings prompt as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, look the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove 1900.secure-link.me pop-up ads from Firefox
If the Firefox settings have been changed by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help you to delete the redirect onto 1900.secure-link.me web-page.
First, run the Mozilla Firefox and click button. It will show the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web browser. Next, press the Help button () as shown on the screen below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the browser address bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page as on the image below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will display the confirmation dialog box, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will begin a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the adware. When it’s finished, click the “Finish” button
Delete 1900.secure-link.me pop-up ads from IE
First, start the Internet Explorer, then press the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu as shown below. Next, click the “Internet Options”.
In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press on “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your machine for the changes to take effect.
Get rid of unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the unwanted 1900.secure-link.me web-site opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and get rid of all the tasks that have been created by ‘ad-supported’ applications.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard at the same time. This shows a prompt that titled as Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and press OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as on the image below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be show just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your PC. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then you need delete it. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it’s a component of the ‘ad-supported’ program, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to get rid of, then click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete like below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by unwanted software. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to remove 1900.secure-link.me with free malware remover
Get rid of 1900.secure-link.me ads manually is difficult and often the ad supported software is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your PC. Moreover, the free program will help you to delete malware, browser hijacker and toolbars that your personal computer may be infected too.
- Download Malwarebytes by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- Close all software and windows on your computer. Open the file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will open the install of Malwarebytes. Next, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once setup is done, click on the “Scan Now” button . This will begin scanning the whole computer to find out adware which redirects your web browser to the 1900.secure-link.me annoying web site. This process can take some time, so please be patient.
- When it has finished scanning, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Quarantine Selected”. Once the disinfection is done, you may be prompted to restart your machine.
These steps above are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Block 1900.secure-link.me pop-ups and other unwanted web-pages
To increase your security and protect your PC system against new unwanted ads and malicious web-sites, you need to use program that blocks access to malicious ads and sites. Moreover, the program can stop the show of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard program by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading is finished, launch the file named adguardInstaller. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown on the image below.
Follow the prompts. Once the installation is complete, you will see a window as shown in the figure below.
You can click “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your PC, AdGuard will run automatically and stop pop-up ads, web-pages such as 1900.secure-link.me, as well as other malicious or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with 1900.secure-link.me ads is still remained
If MalwareBytes cannot remove 1900.secure-link.me ads, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars.
- Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: June 30, 2021
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once the tool is launched the main screen will appear as shown on the image above.
- Now, click the “Scan” button . This will begin scanning the whole computer to find out adware which generates 1900.secure-link.me ads.
- When the system scan is done, AdwCleaner will show a scan report. Review the report and then press “Clean” button. It will display a prompt, click “OK” button.
The following video explains the steps above on how to remove ad supported software with AdwCleaner.
Once you have done the step-by-step instructions shown above, your computer should be clean from malware and ad-supported software. The Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge will no longer open 1900.secure-link.me unwanted pop-ups and redirect you to unknown pages. Unfortunately, if the instructions does not help you, then you have caught a new type of adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next click “Do a system scan only” button.
- When the system scan is done, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the unwanted 1900.secure-link.me redirect.