The pccleaner.biz is an one of the many advertising pages, which can be opened automatically each time you launch the web browser. The reason of automatic opening of this web-site is an adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software), which was set on your system without your consent. Because, the ‘ad supported’ software is often used to display a large amount of unwanted popup ads within the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and MS Edge’s screen. As, the advertisers do not disdain to use any methods to promote their web pages and attract new users. Below we explain how to delete ‘ad supported’ software and thereby remove pccleaner.biz unwanted ads from your browser.
Most often, the adware affects the most common internet browsers such as the Firefox, Google Chrome, IE and Microsoft Edge. But such the dangerous software as well may infect another web-browsers by changing its shortcuts (adding an argument like ‘http://site.address’ into Target field of a browser’s shortcut). So every time you launch the browser, it will reroute to the annoying pccleaner.biz web site. Even if you setup a new homepage, an unwanted web page will be the first thing you see when you open the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
The ‘ad supported’ software may insert a large amount of ads directly to the web-sites that you visit, creating a sense that the advertising links has been added by the creators of the web site. Moreover, a legal advertising links may be replaced on the fake ads, that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and harmful programs. Moreover, the adware has the ability to collect a large amount of personal information about you (your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Web, which links you are clicking), which can later transfer to third parties.
We recommend to remove the ad-supported software, which redirects your web-browser on the pccleaner.biz unwanted web page, as soon as you found this problem, as it can direct you to web-resources which may load other harmful software on your PC.
How did pccleaner.biz pop-up ads get on your system
How to manually remove pccleaner.biz pop-up ads
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, that will help you manually get rid of pccleaner.biz redirect from the Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
- Uninstall suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Delete pccleaner.biz ads from Google Chrome
- Get rid of pccleaner.biz redirect from Firefox
- Get rid of pccleaner.biz ads from Internet Explorer
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of pccleaner.biz redirect
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Uninstall suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to begin the system cleanup is to remove unknown and suspicious programs. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded software can clean up your browser from pop-ups, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows key, click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- You will see a list of all installed programs.
- Scroll through the all list, and uninstall suspicious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort software by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Delete pccleaner.biz ads from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to get rid of the malicious and ad-supported extensions, as well as to restore the web-browser’s homepage, new tab page and search engine by default that have been changed by adware.
- Open the Chrome, then click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click the “Show advanced settings” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- Further, press the “Reset settings” button, that located at the bottom of the Advanced settings page.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset settings prompt as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, look the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of pccleaner.biz redirect from Firefox
First, run the Mozilla Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, press the “Help” button ().
In the Help menu, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page, click “Refresh Firefox” button.
Confirm your action, press the “Refresh Firefox”.
Get rid of pccleaner.biz ads from Internet Explorer
To get rid of the pccleaner.biz pop-up ads you need to reset the Microsoft Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the Windows was installed on your system.
First, launch the IE, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will show the drop-down menu on the right part of the web-browser, then click the “Internet Options” as shown on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, you need to select the “Advanced” tab and click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset IE settings” dialog box as shown on the image below. Next, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. After that, press the “Reset” button.
When the procedure is finished, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and restart your system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your browser’s settings to default state and disable ‘ad-supported’ extensions.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of pccleaner.biz redirect
When the adware is started, it can also alter the web browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument such as “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you start the browser, it will be redirected to an unwanted ads.
To clear the web browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that starts with “http://” which has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your internet browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the adware can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you start your computer, it will open pccleaner.biz annoying web-page. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all tasks that have been created by malicious program.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard simultaneously. It will open a prompt that titled as Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and press OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be show just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something such as “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need remove this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it’s a component of the unwanted applications, then this task also should be removed.
Further press on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by malicious applications. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to remove pccleaner.biz with free malware removal program
Manual removal pccleaner.biz ads requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the ‘ad supported’ software may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free software will help you to remove malware, web-browser hijackers and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click the Download button. Your web browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- Once the download process is done, please close all programs and open windows on your PC. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will start the Setup wizard of Malwarebytes onto your machine. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the malware remover will start and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button . This will start scanning the whole PC system to find out ad-supported software which redirects your web browser to the pccleaner.biz unwanted site. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When it has finished scanning your PC, it will show a screen which contains a list of malicious applications that has been found.
- When you are ready, press on “Quarantine Selected” button to start cleaning your personal computer. When the procedure is complete, you may be prompted to reboot your system.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to stop pccleaner.biz ads
To increase your security and protect your machine against new unwanted advertisements and malicious web pages, you need to use an application that stops access to dangerous ads and web-sites. Moreover, the program can stop the open of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of web-sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard application by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once downloading is complete, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the setup is finished, click “Skip” to close it and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see a quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and block popup ads, pccleaner.biz redirects, as well as other dangerous or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with pccleaner.biz pop-up ads is still remained
If MalwareBytes cannot delete pccleaner.biz pop-ups, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars.
- Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: March 22, 2021
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once the utility is started the main screen will appear as shown on the image above.
- Now, click the “Scan” button for scanning your personal computer for the ad-supported software that generates pccleaner.biz advertisements.
- Once the scanning is done, AdwCleaner will display a scan report. Review the report and then click “Clean” button. It will open a dialog box, click “OK” button.
The following video explains the step-by-step guide above on how to get rid of adware with AdwCleaner.
Now your PC system should be free of the pccleaner.biz pop-ups. Remove AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted pop-up ads and annoying malicious web-pages) and Malwarebytes (to periodically scan your machine for new malware and adware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove pccleaner.biz from your PC system, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.