The View similar annoying ads is loaded into your web browser with the help of adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software). The adware may alter the settings of internet browsers like Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and MS Edge or install a malicious browser extension, which created to generate a large amount of annoying ads. It’ll lead to the fact that when you start the web-browser or surfing the Net, it will always be forced to open View similar pop-ups, even when your internet browser is configured to block pop-ups or your machine has a program that stops popup ads. On current date, the ‘ad supported’ software continues to increase the number of systems that have been infected.
The adware usually affects only the Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge by changing the web-browser’s settings or installing a malicious extensions (addons). Moreover, possible situations, when any other web browsers will be affected too. The adware will perform a scan of the PC for browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the web browser shortcuts, it’ll add the argument like ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you start the browser, you will see an annoying View similar web site.
The adware is the part of the software that is used as an online promotional tool. It’s created with the sole purpose to display dozens of ads, and thus to promote the goods and services in an open web-browser window. So, the View similar adware is just one of the many unwanted software of the so-called ‘ad-support’ type. It’s designed to fill the internet browser’s constant stream of ads, or reroute the web-browser to not expected and intrusive advertising web sites. Moreover, the ‘ad supported’ software can substitute the legitimate advertising links on misleading or even banners that can offer to visit harmful web pages. The reason is simple, many advertisers agree on any ways to attract users to their sites, so the creators of adware, often forcing users to click on an advertising link. For each click on a link, the authors of the adware receive income. It’s the so-called ‘Pay-Per-Click’ method.
Instructions, which is shown below, will allow you to clean your computer from the adware as well as delete View similar unwanted ads from the FF, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and MS Edge and other web browsers.
How did View similar ads get on your PC
How to manually remove View similar ads
This useful removal guide for the View similar adware. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to remove View similar redirect let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
- Delete suspicious and unknown programs by using Windows Control Panel
- Delete View similar ads from Google Chrome
- Remove View similar pop-up ads from Firefox
- Remove View similar advertisements from IE
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Delete suspicious and unknown programs by using Windows Control Panel
We recommend that you start the system cleaning procedure by checking the list of installed applications and remove all unknown or suspicious software. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the malicious programs such as ad-supported software and browser hijackers may be bundled with free software. Delete the unwanted applications may remove the unwanted advertisements or internet browser redirect to unknown or annoying web-sites.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, click “Start” and select “Control Panel”.
It’ll show the Windows Control Panel as on the image below.
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It’ll display a list of all software. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort applications by date of installation in the Control panel.
Delete View similar ads from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to delete the malware and ‘ad supported’ software, as well as to restore the web browser’s settings that have been modified by adware.
- Now run the Google Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next, press the “Reset” button.
- When this procedure is done, your web browser’s settings will be restored to their original defaults. This will reset your homepage and search engine by default.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove View similar pop-up ads from Firefox
First, run the Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, click the “Help” button ().
In the Help menu, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page, click “Refresh Firefox” button.
Confirm your action, press the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove View similar advertisements from IE
To remove the View similar you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the Windows was installed on your computer.
First, launch the Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will show the drop-down menu on the right part of the browser, then press the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, you need to select the “Advanced” tab and press the “Reset” button. The IE will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box as on the image below. Next, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. After that, click the “Reset” button.
When the task is complete, press “Close” button. Close the IE and restart your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web-browser’s settings to default state and disable ‘ad-supported’ extensions.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts
When the adware is started, it can also change the web-browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument similar “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you run the browser, it will be redirected to an annoying ads.
To clear the internet browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that starts with “http://” that has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your web browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the annoying View similar web page opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and delete all the tasks that have been created by ‘ad-supported’ application.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard simultaneously. This shows a dialog box that called Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown on the screen below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be show just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your personal computer. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then you need delete it. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it is a component of the ‘ad-supported’ program, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to remove, then click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown in the figure below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by malicious program. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to remove View similar ads with free malware removal application
Manual removal View similar ads requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your system. Moreover, the free applications will help you to delete malware, internet browser hijackers and toolbars that your system may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click the Download button. Your web-browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- When the download process is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your machine. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will open the Setup wizard of Malwarebytes onto your personal computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- Once the Setup wizard has done installing, the malware remover will start and display the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button . This will start scanning the whole computer to find out ad-supported software that displays annoying View similar ads within your internet browser. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- Once the scan is complete, it will show a screen which contains a list of malicious programs that has been found.
- When you are ready, click on “Quarantine Selected” button to start cleaning your personal computer. When the process is finished, you may be prompted to reboot your system.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to block View similar advertisements
To increase your security and protect your personal computer against new annoying advertisements and malicious pages, you need to use an application that blocks access to harmful ads and web-pages. Moreover, the program can block the display of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading is done, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the install is done, click “Skip” to close it and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see a quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your PC, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop popups, View similar ads, as well as other dangerous or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your Windows desktop.
Scan your system and remove View similar advertisements with AdwCleaner.
This removal program is free and easy to use. It can scan and remove adware, browser hijackers, malware and unwanted toolbars in Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge browsers and thereby restore back their default settings (start page and search provider by default). AdwCleaner is powerful enough to find and delete malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the personal computer.
Download AdwCleaner tool by clicking on the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: March 22, 2021
Once the downloading process is finished, open the directory in which you saved it and double-click the AdwCleaner icon. It will launch the AdwCleaner utility and you will see a screen as shown on the screen below. If the User Account Control prompt will ask you want to display the program, click Yes button to continue.
Now, click the “Scan” . This will start scanning the whole computer to find out the View similar adware and other unwanted software.
Once the system scan is done, it will open a list of all items detected by this tool as shown on the screen below.
You need to click “Clean” button. It will display a prompt, click “OK” to begin the cleaning procedure. When the cleaning process is finished, the AdwCleaner may ask you to restart your PC. After restart, the AdwCleaner will display the log file.
All the above steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Now your system should be free of the View similar pop-up ads. Remove AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop-up ads and unwanted dangerous web pages) and Malwarebytes (to periodically scan your machine for new malware and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new harmful programs and ad supported software are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to get rid of View similar redirect from your computer, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.