The very appearance geteasyarcade.com pop-up ads is a classic sign of adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) which installed on your machine. Moreover, the ad-supported software can lead to the web-browser freezing/crash, delays when starting a new internet browser window or delays when viewing a web-site on the Net. I think you definitely want to solve this problem. For this purpose, necessity to perform cleanup of your computer. You need to follow the few simple steps below that will allow you to remove geteasyarcade.com advertisements and clean your computer from the ad supported software using the standard features of Windows and some proven free applications.
The ‘ad supported’ software can change the settings of the Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Edge, but often that a harmful software such as this can also infect all types of internet browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user each time open the web browser to see geteasyarcade.com unwanted ads.
The adware is not a virus, but the virus behaves similarly. As a rootkit hides in the system, modifies internet browser settings and blocks them from changing. Also the ‘ad supported’ software can install additional internet browser extensions, addons and modules that will inject advertisements within the Google Chrome, IE, Firefox and MS Edge’s screen. Moreover, the ad supported software may install web browser hijacker that once started, will change the internet browser’s home page and search engine. And finally, the adware can collect a wide variety of personal information such as what web sites you are opening, what you are looking for the Internet and so on. This information, in the future, may be transferred to third parties.
So, obviously, you need to remove the ad-supported software as quickly as possible. Use the free few simple steps below. This guide will help you clean your PC system and thereby get rid of the geteasyarcade.com annoying pop-up ads.
How can you prevent the geteasyarcade.com advertisements
How to manually remove geteasyarcade.com redirect
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will allow you manually remove geteasyarcade.com pop-ups from the Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge.
- Delete suspicious and unknown programs by using Windows Control Panel
- Remove geteasyarcade.com redirect from Google Chrome
- Remove geteasyarcade.com advertisements from FF
- Get rid of geteasyarcade.com redirect from Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove geteasyarcade.com redirect
- Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Delete suspicious and unknown programs by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown in the figure below.
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It’ll open a list of all applications. Scroll through the all list and remove any suspicious and unknown software.
Remove geteasyarcade.com redirect from Google Chrome
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Next, click the “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as on the image below and click the “Reset settings” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Reset” button.
Remove geteasyarcade.com advertisements from FF
If the Firefox settings have been replaced by the ‘ad supported’ software, then resetting it to the default state can help you to remove the reroute onto geteasyarcade.com page.
First, start the Mozilla Firefox and press button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the internet browser. Next, click the Help button () as shown below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web browser address bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the screen below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation prompt, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The FF will begin a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the ad supported software. Once it’s finished, press the “Finish” button
Get rid of geteasyarcade.com redirect from Microsoft Internet Explorer
First, launch the Internet Explorer, then press the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu as shown in the figure below. Next, click the “Internet Options”.
In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The IE will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click on “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your machine for the changes to take effect.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove geteasyarcade.com redirect
When the adware is started, it can also change the web-browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument similar “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you launch the web browser, it will be redirected to an unwanted ads.
To clear the browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text which starts with “http://” that has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your web browsers, as they may be infected too.
Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the ad supported software can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you start your PC system, it will open geteasyarcade.com annoying web page. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and delete all tasks that have been created by malicious program.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard at the same time. It will display a dialog box which titled with Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, as on the image below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be display just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something such as “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need get rid of this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it is a component of the malicious software, then this task also should be removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown on the screen below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by adware. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to remove geteasyarcade.com with free malware removal program
Manual removal geteasyarcade.com advertisements requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free software will help you to remove malware, browser hijackers and toolbars that your PC may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click the Download button. Your web browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- When the download process is finished, please close all software and open windows on your system. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will open the Setup wizard of Malwarebytes onto your personal computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- Once the Setup wizard has complete installing, the malware remover will start and display the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button for checking your computer for the ‘ad supported’ software that redirects your web-browser to the geteasyarcade.com unwanted web site. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- Once the scan is finished, it will open a screen that contains a list of malicious programs that has been found.
- When you are ready, click on “Quarantine Selected” button to begin cleaning your computer. Once the task is finished, you may be prompted to restart your machine.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to stop geteasyarcade.com advertisements
To increase your security and protect your PC against new unwanted advertisements and malicious pages, you need to use an application that blocks access to malicious ads and web sites. Moreover, the program can block the show of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of web-sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading is done, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the install is complete, click “Skip” to close it and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see a quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your PC, AdGuard will start automatically and stop pop-up ads, geteasyarcade.com redirects, as well as other harmful or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with geteasyarcade.com pop-up ads is still remained
If MalwareBytes cannot remove geteasyarcade.com ads, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars.
- Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: April 3, 2020
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once the utility is started the main screen will appear as shown on the image above.
- Now, press the “Scan” button . This will begin scanning the whole personal computer to find out ‘ad supported’ software that generates geteasyarcade.com ads.
- Once the system scan is finished, AdwCleaner will open a scan report. Review the report and then press “Clean” button. It will open a prompt, click “OK” button.
The following video explains the guide above on how to get rid of adware with AdwCleaner.
After completing the steps shown above, your personal computer should be free from malware and adware. The FF, Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge will no longer display geteasyarcade.com annoying pop-ups or redirect you to unwanted pages. Unfortunately, if the instructions does not help you, then you have caught a new type of adware, and then the best way – ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.