If the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge opens the goto.media-serving.com (touch.media-serving.com) annoying page then most probably that your PC is infected with an adware. This adware changes the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge settings to open a lot of annoying advertisements on all pages, including web-sites where previously you advertisements have never seen. These advertisements can be varied: pop-up windows, boxes, in-text ads, different sized banners and so on. What is more, the ad supported software, that displays the goto.media-serving.com advertising links, may cause your Internet connection to be slow or freeze your browser so that the interface is not updated anymore.
The adware can change the settings of the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge, but often that a malicious software like this can also infect all types of browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user each time open the web-browser to see goto.media-serving.com unwanted ads.
The ad supported software may insert a huge number of advertising links directly to the sites that you visit, creating a sense that the advertising links has been added by the creators of the web page. Moreover, a legal advertising may be replaced on the fake advertising banners, that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and harmful programs. Moreover, the ad supported software has the ability to collect a large number of personal information about you (your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the World Wide Web, which links you are clicking), which can later transfer to third parties.
So, obviously, you need to get rid of the adware as soon as possible. Use the free guide below. This guide will help you clean your PC and remove the goto.media-serving.com annoying ads.
How does goto.media-serving.com ads get installed onto system
How to manually remove goto.media-serving.com redirect
This guide will help you remove goto.media-serving.com ads. These goto.media-serving.com removal steps work for the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge, as well as every version of Windows operating system. Some of the steps may require you to close the internet browser or reboot your system. So, bookmark or print it for later reference.
- Uninstall suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove goto.media-serving.com redirect
- Remove goto.media-serving.com redirect from Chrome
- Remove goto.media-serving.com popup ads from Firefox
- Delete goto.media-serving.com pop-up ads from Microsoft Internet Explorer
Uninstall suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Click “Uninstall a program” It will open a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown programs.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove goto.media-serving.com redirect
During the installation, the adware may also change the web-browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument like “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you start the web-browser, it will reroute to an unwanted ads.
To clear the internet browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that begins with “http://” that has been added here. You need to remove it. When the text is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove goto.media-serving.com redirect from Chrome
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click to Settings option. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown below and click on the Reset settings button. Confirm your action, click on the Reset button.
Remove goto.media-serving.com popup ads from Firefox
If the Mozilla Firefox settings have been changed by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help you to remove the redirect onto goto.media-serving.com advertisements.
Run the Firefox and press button to show the Tools menu. It displays the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type about:support in the browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. It will show the confirmation dialog box. Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button. The FF will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the adware. Once, it’s done, press the “Finish” button
Delete goto.media-serving.com pop-up ads from Microsoft Internet Explorer
Open the Microsoft Internet Explorer tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the “Internet Options”. In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click on “Reset” button. You will now need to restart your system for the changes to take effect.
Get rid of goto.media-serving.com automatically
You can remove goto.media-serving.com popup ads automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Anti Malware Free. We recommend this free malware removal tool because it can easily delete adware, browser hijackers, potentially unwanted applications and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
Use the link below to download MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free on your personal computer. Save it on your desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
Once the downloading process is complete, close all windows on your PC system. Further, start the file named mbam-setup. When a “Security warning” prompt pops up as shown below, click the Run button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” screen that will assist you install MalwareBytes Anti-malware on the computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once install is finished successfully, click Finish button. Then MalwareBytes Anti-malware will automatically start and you can see its main window as shown below.
Next, press the “Scan Now” button to begin scanning your computer for the adware that cause a redirect to goto.media-serving.com. When a threat is found, the number of the detected objects will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is finished. Please be patient.
As the scanning ends, you can check all threats detected on your PC. Make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected” button.
The MalwareBytes Anti-malware will begin removing goto.media-serving.com ads and other security threats. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to Restart. I recommend you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the Anti-malware to remove ad supported software and other malicious software.
How to stop media-serving.com pop-up ads
To increase your security and protect your computer against new unwanted advertising links and malicious web-pages, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous advertising links and web sites. Moreover, the software can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, *.media-serving.com redirects, as well as other malicious or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon , which is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with goto.media-serving.com advertisements is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove the goto.media-serving.com , then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: July 23, 2019
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the ad supported software that generates the goto.media-serving.com advertising.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will open a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for goto.media-serving.com removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the redirect to the annoying goto.media-serving.com redirect.