If the browser keep redirecting to the De.4yendex.com, every time when you open your browser, then it could mean your PC is infected with a malware from the browser hijacker family. Once started, it will change the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge’s settings such as home page, newtab page and search provider by default. So, while your PC is infected, you will see this annoying page instead your startpage. To clean you computer and remove De.4yendex.com redirect , you need to perform the guide below as soon as possible. It will uninstall hijacker and protect your PC system from more malicious software and trojans.
A malicious software that changes the settings of browsers on De.4yendex.com startpage usually affects only Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. However, possible situations, when any other internet browsers will be affected too. The De.4yendex.com hijacker may change the Target property of a web-browser’s shortcut, so every time you start the browser, instead of your home page, you will see a completely different page.
In addition, the De.4yendex.com browser hijacker can also change the search engine selected in the browser. When you try to search on the infected web-browser, you will be presented with a fake search results, consisting of advertising and Google (or Yahoo, or Bing) search results for your query. Among these search results can occur very dangerous links that lead to malicious and misleading sites.
Often, the personal computer, that has been infected with De.4yendex.com browser hijacker infection, will be also infected with an adware, which will open a lot of various advertising links. This may be pop-ups, text links in the web sites, banners where they never had. What is more, the adware may replace the legitimate advertising links with malicious advertising links that will offer to download and install malware and unwanted programs or visit the various dangerous and misleading web-sites.
How to De.4yendex.com infection get installed onto computer
How to manually remove De.4yendex.com
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually remove De.4yendex.com new tab from the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
- Remove De.4yendex.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of De.4yendex.com new tab
- Get rid of De.4yendex.com new tab from Chrome
- Remove De.4yendex.com homepage from FF
- Remove De.4yendex.com homepage from IE
Remove De.4yendex.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to begin the PC cleanup is to remove unknown and suspicious applications. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, for one simple reason, many free software at its installation additionally set various unneeded programs that most often generate annoying advertisements and redirect your internet browser to unknown pages. So, remove the unneeded programs may cleanup your internet browser from popups, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows key, click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- You will see a list of all installed programs.
- Scroll through the all list, and get rid of suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort software by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of De.4yendex.com new tab
Click the right mouse button to a desktop shortcut which you use to start your browser. Next, select the “Properties” option. Important: necessary to click on the desktop shortcut for the internet browser which is redirected to the de.4yendex.com or other annoying web-page.
Further, necessary to look at the text which is written in the “Target” field. The hijacker can replace the contents of this field, which describes the file to be run when you run your web-browser. Depending on the web-browser you are using, there should be:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
If you are seeing an unknown text like “http://de.4yendex.com” that has been added here, then you should remove it, as shown on the screen below. Click the “OK” button to save the changes. Now, when you launch the browser from this desktop shortcut, it does not occur automatically redirect on the de.4yendex.com page or any other unwanted web sites. Once the step is finished, we recommend to go to the next step.
Get rid of De.4yendex.com new tab from Chrome
Like other modern browsers, the Google Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thus restore the homepage, search engine by default that have been modified by the De.4yendex.com infection.
Start the Chrome. Click on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will appear the main menu. Click on the option named “Settings”. Another way to open the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. The internet browser will open the settings screen. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset settings” section is visible, as shown below and click on the “Reset settings” button. The Google Chrome will show the confirmation dialog box. You need to confirm your action. Press on the “Reset” button. The program will start the process of cleaning and when it is finished, the web-browser settings including startpage, new tab page and default search engine back to the values that have been when the Chrome was first installed on your PC system.
Remove De.4yendex.com homepage from FF
Open the Mozilla Firefox menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button. Confirm your action. Click on the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove De.4yendex.com homepage from IE
To restore the homepage, new tab page and search engine by default you need to reset the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings to the state, they were when the Windows OS was first installed on your system.
Launch the IE. Open the Tools menu (click ‘gear’ icon ). It displays the drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then click the “Internet Options”. In the “Internet Options” dialog screen, you need to click on the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The IE will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Click on the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next press the “Reset” button. Once the task is done, click “Close” button, then close the IE. Restart your PC system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to back your internet browser’s home page, newtab page and search provider by default to default state.
How to remove De.4yendex.com with Antimalware
Remove De.4yendex.com hijacker manually is difficult and often infection is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your PC system. Moreover, the free software will help you to remove adware and toolbars that your system may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- Close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- Click Next and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click on the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your computer for De.4yendex.com infection. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected”. Once disinfection is completed, you may be prompted to Restart.
How to block De.4yendex.com
To increase your security and protect your computer against new unwanted ads and malicious web pages, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous advertising links and web sites. Moreover, the software can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, web pages such De.4yendex.com, as well as other malicious or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
If the problem with De.4yendex.com is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove this browser hijacker infection, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for browser hijackers, adware, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: July 23, 2020
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for De.4yendex.com.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for De.4yendex.com removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with De.4yendex.com removal.
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.