According to experienced security experts, Autoscroll browser extension is a potentially unwanted application (PUA) from the group of Adware.
Is Adware dangerous? Adware is form of malware that can cause issues for your machine. Autoscroll adware can generate numerous additional pop-up, banner, pop-under and in-text link advertisements flooding on your internet browser; gather your privacy information such as login details, online searches, etc; run in the background and drag down your computer running speed; give more chances for other adware, PUPs even malicious software to get on your system.
Does adware software steal your confidential information? Adware software can gather and transmit personal data without your permission. Adware can track information about websites visited, web browser and system information, and your PC system IP address.
|Type||adware, PUP (potentially unwanted program), popups, pop up ads, pop up virus|
|Removal||Autoscroll removal guide|
Do not panic because we’ve got the solution. Here’s a guide on how to remove intrusive Autoscroll adware software from the Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome and other browsers.
How to Remove Autoscroll adware from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge (Virus removal steps)
Even if you’ve the up-to-date classic antivirus installed, and you have checked your system for malicious software and removed anything found, you need to do the instructions below. The Autoscroll removal is not simple as installing another antivirus. Classic antivirus apps are not made to run together and will conflict with each other, or possibly crash Microsoft Windows. Instead we suggest complete the manual steps below after that use Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM), MalwareBytes AntiMalware or Hitman Pro, which are free software dedicated to scan for and delete Autoscroll adware that causes multiple intrusive ads and pop ups. Run these utilities to ensure the adware is removed.
To remove Autoscroll adware virus, use the steps below:
- How to delete Autoscroll without any software
- How to remove Autoscroll automatically
- How to stay safe online
- Finish words
How to delete Autoscroll without any software
The useful removal guide for the Autoscroll adware. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to remove Autoscroll adware let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
Removing the Autoscroll, check the list of installed applications first
Some applications are free only because their setup package contains an adware. This unwanted software generates money for the authors when it is installed. More often this adware software can be deleted by simply uninstalling it from the ‘Uninstall a Program’ that is located in Windows control panel.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will display a list of all software installed on the personal computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed apps, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video guide below.
Get rid of Autoscroll from Mozilla Firefox by resetting browser settings
If the Mozilla Firefox browser is infected by the Autoscroll, you want to remove adware and recover the Firefox settings back to their default values, then you should follow the step-by-step instructions below. It will keep your personal information such as browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
First, open the Firefox and click button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web browser. Further, click the Help button () as displayed in the following example.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page as on the image below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation dialog box. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will start a process to fix your problems that caused by the Autoscroll adware. Once, it’s finished, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Autoscroll adware software from IE
In order to recover all web-browser settings you need to reset the IE to the state, that was when the Windows was installed on your machine.
First, run the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as shown in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown in the figure below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your machine for the changes to take effect.
Remove Autoscroll adware from Chrome
Like other modern browsers, the Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thereby restore the web-browser’s settings that have been modified by the Autoscrolladware virus.
- First start the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed addons. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is finished, your web browser’s home page, new tab and search provider will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
How to remove Autoscroll automatically
If you’re not expert at computers, then we recommend to run free removal tools listed below to get rid of Autoscroll adware for good. The automatic solution is highly recommended. It has less steps and easier to implement than the manual solution. Moreover, it lower risk of system damage. So, the automatic Autoscroll removal is a better option.
Use Zemana AntiMalware to delete Autoscroll
Thinking about get rid of Autoscroll adware from your browser? Then pay attention to Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM). This is a well-known utility, originally created just to locate and remove malicious software, adware and PUPs. But by now it has seriously changed and can not only rid you of malicious software, but also protect your PC from malware and adware, as well as find and delete common viruses and trojans.
- Visit the following page to download the latest version of Zemana Free for MS Windows. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: February 14, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the download is complete, please close all apps and open windows on your PC system. Next, start a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of Zemana AntiMalware onto your machine. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Free will launch and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the Autoscroll adware virus. A scan may take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your system and the speed of your PC system. While the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified either as being malware.
- After the scan get finished, Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will display a list of found items.
- Once you have selected what you wish to get rid of from your PC click the “Next” button. The tool will begin to remove Autoscroll adware and other unwanted software. Once finished, you may be prompted to reboot the system.
- Close the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) and continue with the next step.
Run HitmanPro to get rid of Autoscroll adware software from browser
HitmanPro is a portable program which requires no hard install to identify and remove Autoscroll adware, which reroutes your browser to undesired ad web pages. The program itself is small in size (only a few Mb). HitmanPro does not need any drivers and special dlls. It is probably easier to use than any alternative malware removal utilities you’ve ever tried. Hitman Pro works on 64 and 32-bit versions of MS Windows 10, 8, 7 and XP. It proves that removal utility can be just as effective as the widely known antivirus applications.
Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of Hitman Pro for Windows. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Download and use Hitman Pro on your computer. Once started, press “Next” button . Hitman Pro tool will begin scanning the whole PC to find out Autoscroll adware software that causes multiple unwanted ads and pop ups. This procedure may take quite a while, so please be patient. When a malicious software, adware software or PUPs are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is done..
When HitmanPro has finished scanning, you can check all threats detected on your PC.
Review the results once the tool has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click Next button.
It will open a dialog box, press the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Run MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) to get rid of Autoscroll
If you are still having issues with the Autoscroll adware — or just wish to scan your computer occasionally for adware and other malware — download MalwareBytes. It’s free for home use, and scans for and removes various unwanted apps that attacks your PC system or degrades machine performance. MalwareBytes Free can delete adware, PUPs as well as malware, including ransomware and trojans.
- Installing the MalwareBytes AntiMalware is simple. First you will need to download MalwareBytes AntiMalware from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the download is done, please close all apps and open windows on your PC system. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) onto your system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Free will open and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the Autoscroll virus. This process can take some time, so please be patient. While the tool is scanning, you may see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- When the scan is finished, MalwareBytes will open a list of found threats.
- Review the results once the utility has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply press the “Quarantine Selected” button. After that process is complete, you may be prompted to restart the machine.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to stay safe online
It’s important to use ad blocker software such as AdGuard to protect your PC from malicious web-sites. Most security experts says that it is okay to stop advertisements. You should do so just to stay safe! And, of course, the AdGuard can to stop Autoscroll and other annoying web-pages.
- Please go to the following link to download AdGuard. Save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once the download is done, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, block malicious or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
After completing the guide shown above, your machine should be clean from the Autoscroll adware virus and other malicious software. The Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge will no longer show unwanted ads when you browse the Web. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the unwanted Autoscroll adware software.