If you find yourself facing unwanted Surveyonline.top web-site on your screen, then most probably that your personal computer is affected by a PUP (potentially unwanted program) from the adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) group.
What is the purpose of adware? Adware is form of malicious software that shows undesired advertisements on a machine, redirects search requests to advertising pages and collects confidential info for marketing purposes. Adware can show banner advertisements, full-screen advertisements, pop ups, videos, or other varieties of online advertising.
It’s not a good idea to have an unwanted program such as the adware software that causes browsers to display unwanted Surveyonline.top website. The reason for this is simple, it doing things you do not know about. And of course you completely do not know what will happen when you click anything in the Surveyonline.top popups.
When adware hijacks your personal computer, it might carry out various harmful tasks. It can analyze the location and which Internet sites you visit, and then present ads to the types of content, goods or services featured there. Adware makers can collect and sell your browsing information and behavior to third parties.
Adware software is usually written in ways common to malicious software, spyware and browser hijacker infections. In order to remove adware software and thereby get rid of Surveyonline.top pop ups, you will need use the steps below or run free adware removal utility listed below.
How to remove Surveyonline.top pop-ups
The following steps will allow you to get rid of Surveyonline.top popup advertisements from the Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer. Moreover, the step-by-step guidance below will allow you to delete malware, hijackers, potentially unwanted software and toolbars that your PC may be infected. Please do the instructions step by step. If you need help or have any questions, then ask for our assistance or type a comment below. Some of the steps will require you to reboot your PC or shut down this web-site. So, read this instructions carefully, then bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove Surveyonline.top pop-ups, perform the following steps:
- Get rid of Surveyonline.top redirect without any utilities
- How to automatically remove Surveyonline.top redirect
- How to block Surveyonline.top
- How can you prevent your PC system from the attack of adware
- Finish words
Get rid of Surveyonline.top redirect without any utilities
These steps to remove Surveyonline.top pop ups without any programs are presented below. Be sure to carry out the step-by-step tutorial completely to fully get rid of this adware which made to redirect your browser to various ad sites such as the Surveyonline.top.
Remove potentially unwanted programs using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
We recommend that you start the system cleaning procedure by checking the list of installed software and remove all unknown or suspicious software. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the malicious programs such as adware and hijackers may be bundled with free software. Uninstall the unwanted applications can remove the unwanted advertisements or web-browser redirect.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the MS Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as displayed on the screen below.
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, press the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as on the image below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right as displayed in the following example.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 7 or Vista) as shown below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed apps and get rid of all suspicious and unknown software. We suggest to press ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed software by date. After you’ve found anything questionable that may be the adware that developed to reroute your browser to various ad web sites such as the Surveyonline.top or other PUP (potentially unwanted program), then select this program and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the questionable program blocked from removal, then use Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully remove it from your system.
Remove Surveyonline.top redirect from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a easy solution to remove Surveyonline.top redirect, malicious and ‘ad-supported’ extensions, web-browser’s search engine by default, startpage and new tab that have been modified by adware software.
- First, start the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset settings prompt as on the image above.
- Confirm the web browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove Surveyonline.top from Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
If the Mozilla Firefox browser is re-directed to Surveyonline.top and you want to recover the Mozilla Firefox settings back to their default state, then you should follow the few simple steps below. However, your saved bookmarks and passwords will not be lost. This will not affect your history, passwords, bookmarks, and other saved data.
First, launch the Mozilla Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Surveyonline.top pop up advertisements from Internet Explorer
The Internet Explorer reset is great if your web-browser is hijacked or you have unwanted addo-ons or toolbars on your browser, that installed by an malicious software.
First, run the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” as displayed in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your PC system for the changes to take effect.
How to automatically remove Surveyonline.top redirect
If you’re not expert at computer technology, then we advise to use free removal tools listed below to delete Surveyonline.top ads for good. The automatic solution is highly recommended. It has less steps and easier to implement than the manual way. Moreover, it lower risk of system damage. So, the automatic Surveyonline.top removal is a better option.
Use Zemana to remove Surveyonline.top advertisements
Zemana Anti Malware is a free program for MS Windows operating system to search for and delete potentially unwanted software, adware, malicious web browser extensions, browser toolbars, and other undesired apps such as adware responsible for Surveyonline.top redirect.
Now you can install and run Zemana Free to remove Surveyonline.top redirect from your web browser by following the steps below:
Visit the page linked below to download Zemana Free setup file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup on your machine. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: February 14, 2019
Launch the install package after it has been downloaded successfully and then follow the prompts to install this tool on your PC.
During setup you can change some settings, but we advise you don’t make any changes to default settings.
When install is finished, this malicious software removal tool will automatically start and update itself. You will see its main window as on the image below.
Now click the “Scan” button to find adware that causes a huge number of intrusive Surveyonline.top pop ups. This procedure may take some time, so please be patient. When a malware, adware or potentially unwanted apps are detected, the count of the security threats will change accordingly.
When the system scan is done, Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) will display a list of all items detected by the scan. Once you’ve selected what you want to remove from your computer click “Next” button.
The Zemana will remove adware software that causes tons of undesired Surveyonline.top pop-up advertisements and move threats to the program’s quarantine. Once that process is finished, you can be prompted to restart your PC to make the change take effect.
Get rid of Surveyonline.top pop ups from web-browsers with HitmanPro
In order to make sure that no more harmful folders and files linked to adware are inside your machine, you must run another effective malicious software scanner. We suggest to use Hitman Pro. No installation is necessary with this utility.
- Installing the Hitman Pro is simple. First you’ll need to download Hitman Pro from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After the downloading process is finished, run the Hitman Pro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the Hitman Pro window, click the “Next” . HitmanPro program will scan through the whole computer for the adware responsible for redirecting your web-browser to the Surveyonline.top web-page. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the HitmanPro utility is checking, you can see count of objects it has identified as being infected by malicious software.
- Once Hitman Pro has completed scanning your personal computer, you’ll be displayed the list of all found items on your PC. Next, you need to click “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Automatically delete Surveyonline.top pop up advertisements with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
If you’re still having problems with the Surveyonline.top redirect — or just wish to check your machine occasionally for adware and other malicious software — download MalwareBytes. It’s free for home use, and detects and removes various undesired programs that attacks your computer or degrades computer performance. MalwareBytes Free can remove adware, PUPs as well as malware, including ransomware and trojans.
- Please go to the link below to download the latest version of MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) for Microsoft Windows. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
- When the downloading process is finished, close all apps and windows on your system. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is done, click the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your PC for the adware software that causes annoying Surveyonline.top advertisements. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your personal computer and the speed of your computer. During the scan MalwareBytes Free will detect threats exist on your PC.
- When the system scan is done, MalwareBytes AntiMalware will display you the results. Review the results once the utility has complete the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply press “Quarantine Selected”. After the process is done, you can be prompted to reboot your computer.
The following video offers a step-by-step instructions on how to get rid of hijackers, adware and other malware with MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM).
How to block Surveyonline.top
It is also critical to protect your web browsers from malicious websites and ads by using an adblocker application like AdGuard. Security experts says that it will greatly reduce the risk of malware, and potentially save lots of money. Additionally, the AdGuard can also protect your privacy by blocking almost all trackers.
- Download AdGuard from the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired ads, block Surveyonline.top, as well as other malicious or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
How can you prevent your PC system from the attack of adware
Now your computer should be free of the adware that responsible for the appearance of Surveyonline.top redirect. We suggest that you keep Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your machine for new adwares and other malware) and AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop-up advertisements and malicious websites). Moreover, to prevent any adware, please stay clear of unknown and third party apps, make sure that your antivirus application, turn on the option to scan for potentially unwanted programs.
If you need more help with Surveyonline.top pop-up ads related issues, go to here.