What is Chameleon Explorer Pro? IT security professionals has determined that Chameleon Explorer Pro is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) from Adware category. A large number of systems around the World have been hit by the Chameleon Explorer Pro. The instructions below will teach you all you need to know about this PUP. How it got into your PC, how to remove Chameleon Explorer Pro, and how to protect your PC system from any unwanted software such as this adware in the future.
Chameleon Explorer Pro can cause problems for your computer. Adware can redirect your web browser to misleading web-sites, and it can cause unwanted web sites to pop up on your internet browser. Adware can show advertisements on web-browser so that users cannot block them. If you want to remove Chameleon Explorer Pro, you will not succeed, because Adware is very stubborn. But with the help of the following instructions, you surely can remove Chameleon Explorer Pro adware completely from your computer for free.
Most of the adware is created to display annoying advertisements, but certain adware is form of spyware that often used to track users to gather a wide variety of confidential info about you which can be used for marketing purposes. Adware can gather your World Wide Web browsing activity by saving URLs visited, IP addresses, web-browser version and type, cookie information, Internet Service Provider (ISP) and pages visited. Such kind of behavior can lead to serious security problems or confidential information theft.
PUPs and adware is usually written in ways common to malware, spyware and hijackers. In order to remove Chameleon Explorer Pro and other PUPs, you will need perform the following step-by-step guide or use free removal tools listed below.
Remove Chameleon Explorer Pro adware
In the tutorial below, we will try to cover the Windows 10 (8, 7, XP) and provide general advice to remove Chameleon Explorer Pro. You may find some minor differences in your Windows install. No matter, you should be okay if you follow the steps outlined below: uninstall all dubious and unrequested software, reset internet browsers settings, run free removal utilities. Some of the steps below will require you to shut down this page. So, please read the step-by-step guidance carefully, after that bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove Chameleon Explorer Pro, follow the steps below:
- Uninstall Chameleon Explorer Pro using Windows Control Panel
- Run Zemana to delete Chameleon Explorer Pro
- Remove Chameleon Explorer Pro with HitmanPro
- Automatically get rid of Chameleon Explorer Pro with Malwarebytes
- Get rid of Chameleon Explorer Pro adware from Google Chrome
- Remove Chameleon Explorer Pro from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove Chameleon Explorer Pro from IE
- How to stay safe online
- Finish words
Uninstall Chameleon Explorer Pro using Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to identify and uninstall the Chameleon Explorer Pro using the ‘Uninstall a program’ tool, which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next press Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will open a list of all applications installed on the system.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete questionable and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed apps, we recommend sort applications by date.
See more details in the video tutorial below.
Run Zemana to delete Chameleon Explorer Pro
Zemana Free highly recommended, because it can search for security threats such adware and PUPs that most ‘classic’ antivirus programs fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any Chameleon Explorer Pro adware removal problems, which cannot be fixed by this tool automatically, then Zemana provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
- Download Zemana Free on your MS Windows Desktop from the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will show the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the download is finished, please close all applications and open windows on your computer. Next, start a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Free onto your personal computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Free will launch and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the Chameleon Explorer Pro related files, folders and registry keys. Depending on your PC, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour.
- When the scan is finished, Zemana Anti-Malware will open a screen which contains a list of adware and PUPs that has been detected.
- Make sure all threats have ‘checkmark’ and click the “Next” button. The utility will start to remove adware and other kinds of potential threats such as malicious software and potentially unwanted programs. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to restart the system.
- Close the Zemana and continue with the next step.
Remove Chameleon Explorer Pro HitmanPro
Hitman Pro is a free removal utility that can be downloaded and run to remove browser hijackers, adware, malware, potentially unwanted software, toolbars and other threats from your PC. You can run this utility to search for threats even if you have an antivirus or any other security program.
HitmanPro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
After the download is done, open the directory in which you saved it and double-click the Hitman Pro icon. It will start the Hitman Pro tool. If the User Account Control dialog box will ask you want to open the application, press Yes button to continue.
Next, press “Next” . HitmanPro utility will begin scanning the whole system to find out the Chameleon Explorer Pro adware related files, folders and registry keys. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient. While the utility is scanning, you can see number of objects and files has already scanned.
When Hitman Pro completes the scan, Hitman Pro will produce a list of undesired programs ad supported software like below.
Review the report and then click “Next” button. It will display a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button. The HitmanPro will delete the Chameleon Explorer Pro, adware and other kinds of potential threats like malware and potentially unwanted apps and move threats to the program’s quarantine. When that process is complete, the utility may ask you to reboot your computer.
Automatically get rid of Chameleon Explorer Pro with Malwarebytes
Delete Chameleon Explorer Pro adware manually is difficult and often the adware is not completely removed. Therefore, we advise you to run the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your PC. Moreover, the free program will help you to remove malicious software, potentially unwanted software, toolbars and adware that your machine can be infected too.
- Installing the MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) is simple. First you will need to download MalwareBytes on your Microsoft Windows Desktop from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- After downloading is finished, close all apps and windows on your personal computer. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is done, click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes Free utility will begin scanning the whole computer to find out adware and other security threats. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the tool is checking, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- Once finished, MalwareBytes Free will show a list of all items detected by the scan. Review the report and then click “Quarantine Selected”. After finished, you may be prompted to reboot your system.
The following video offers a guidance on how to delete hijackers, adware and other malware with MalwareBytes.
Get rid of Chameleon Explorer Pro adware from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings can help you solve some problems caused by adware. This will also disable harmful addons as well as clear cookies and site data. It’ll keep your personal information such as browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
- First launch the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is finished, your internet browser’s search engine, newtab page and home page will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove Chameleon Explorer Pro from Mozilla Firefox
If your Firefox internet browser settings are affected by the Chameleon Explorer Pro , then it may be time to perform the browser reset. However, your saved bookmarks and passwords will not be lost. This will not affect your history, passwords, bookmarks, and other saved data.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as shown in the figure below.
A small menu will appear, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as shown below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to return your Firefox internet browser settings to their default values.
Remove Chameleon Explorer Pro from IE
In order to recover all web browser settings you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the MS Windows was installed on your machine.
First, open the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as shown in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window like below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your PC for the changes to take effect.
How to stay safe online
We recommend to install an ad blocker program which can stop malicious pages, unwanted ads and other unwanted sites. Cyber threat analysts says that using ad blocking software is necessary to stay safe when browsing the Net.
Please go to the following link to download AdGuard. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
When the downloading process is complete, double-click the downloaded file to launch it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as displayed on the image below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick instructions as shown in the following example.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick guidance which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you start your PC system, AdGuard will run automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, as well as other harmful or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that may be found on your desktop.
Now your PC should be free of the Chameleon Explorer Pro adware. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted advertisements and unwanted malicious web-pages) and Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your computer for new malware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to delete Chameleon Explorer Pro adware from your computer, then ask for help here here.