The EasyConvert is a browser hijacker that could bring some problems to your computer. Once installed, EasyConvert can introduce changes to your browser’s settings, making your search engine by default, newtab and homepage to become its own site. You may have certain problems such as being redirected to annoying sites, receiving a lot of intrusive advertisements, and your user data being gathered without any knowledge, while this browser hijacker infection is installed on your machine.
The EasyConvert hijacker will modify your internet browser’s search engine so that all searches are sent through EasyConvert, that redirects to Bing, Yahoo or Google Custom Search engine that displays the search results for your query. The developers of this hijacker infection are using legitimate search provider as they may earn profit from the advertisements that are opened in the search results.
Although, EasyConvert hijacker is not a virus, but it does bad things, and it imposes some changes to settings of installed web-browsers. Moreover, an adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) can be additionally installed on to your PC system with this browser hijacker infection, which will show a lot of ads, or even massive full page ads that blocks surfing the World Wide Web. Often such these ads may recommend to install other unknown and unwanted applications or visit malicious websites.
The EasyConvert hijacker commonly affects only the MS Edge, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Chrome. However, possible situations, when any other browsers will be affected too. The hijacker will perform a scan of the system for web browser shortcuts and change them without your permission.
The tutorial below explaining steps to remove EasyConvert problem. Feel free to use it for removal of the hijacker infection that may attack Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and IE and other popular web-browsers. The steps will allow you return your internet browsers settings which previously modified by browser hijacker.
How to remove EasyConvert
In the step-by-step tutorial below we will have a look at the browser hijacker infection and how to remove EasyConvert from Chrome, Firefox, MS Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer web browsers for Windows OS, natively or by using a few free removal tools. Some of the steps below will require you to close this web site. So, please read the tutorial carefully, after that bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove EasyConvert, perform the following steps:
- How to remove EasyConvert manually
- How to automatically remove EasyConvert browser hijacker infection
- Run AdBlocker to stop EasyConvert redirect
- How to prevent EasyConvert hijacker from getting inside your personal computer
- Finish words
How to remove EasyConvert manually
To get rid of EasyConvert hijacker infection, ‘ad supported’ software and other unwanted apps you can try to do so manually. Unfortunately some of the browser hijackers won’t show up in your program list, but some browser hijackers may. In this case, you may be able to remove it via the uninstall function of your Windows computer. You can do this by completing the steps below.
Uninstalling the EasyConvert, check the list of installed applications first
Some potentially unwanted programs, browser hijacking apps and ‘ad supported’ software can be deleted by uninstalling the free applications they came with. If this way does not succeed, then looking them up in the list of installed software in Windows Control Panel. Use the “Uninstall” command in order to get rid of them.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as displayed in the figure below.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel as displayed on the screen below.
Very carefully look around the entire list of programs installed on your system. Most likely, one of them is the browser hijacker infection responsible for redirects to EasyConvert. If you have many programs installed, you can help simplify the search of malicious apps by sort the list by date of installation. Once you’ve found a dubious, unwanted or unused program, right click to it, after that click ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Once the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to click ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ as displayed on the screen below.
You will see a list of programs installed on your system. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the programs that were installed last. Most probably, it is the hijacker that responsible for internet browser redirect to the annoying EasyConvert webpage. If you’re in doubt, you can always check the application by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. When the program which you need to uninstall is found, simply click on its name, and then click ‘Uninstall’ as shown in the following example.
Get rid of EasyConvert search from Microsoft Internet Explorer
First, start the Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then click the “Internet Options” as shown on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The IE will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as displayed in the following example.
After the task is complete, press “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web browser’s new tab, start page and search provider to default state.
Remove EasyConvert from Google Chrome
In this step we are going to show you how to reset Google Chrome settings. potentially unwanted software such as the EasyConvert can make changes to your browser settings including new tab, home page and search engine, add toolbars and unwanted add-ons. By resetting Chrome settings you will delete EasyConvert and reset unwanted changes caused by browser hijacker. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
- First, start the Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed plugins. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset settings dialog box as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the web browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove EasyConvert search redirect from Mozilla Firefox by resetting browser settings
If the Mozilla Firefox internet browser program is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Mozilla Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Firefox settings like newtab, search provider by default and home page to their default values. It’ll save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
First, run the Mozilla Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
How to automatically remove EasyConvert browser hijacker infection
Manual removal guidance does not always help to completely delete the hijacker, as it’s not easy to identify and get rid of components of browser hijacker and all malicious files from hard disk. Therefore, it is recommended that you run malware removal utility to completely delete EasyConvert off your system. Several free malware removal utilities are currently available that can be used against the browser hijacker. The optimum method would be to use Zemana Anti Malware, MalwareBytes Free and HitmanPro.
Automatically remove EasyConvert with Zemana Free
We recommend you to run the Zemana Anti Malware that are completely clean your PC system. Moreover, the utility will allow you to remove PUPs, malicious software, toolbars and ad-supported software that your computer can be infected too.
- Please go to the link below to download the latest version of Zemana AntiMalware for Microsoft Windows. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- Once the downloading process is finished, close all software and windows on your machine. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is done, press the “Scan” button . Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) utility will begin scanning the whole personal computer to find out EasyConvert hijacker and other web browser’s malicious extensions. A scan may take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your computer and the speed of your PC. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is complete.
- When the scan is complete, Zemana Free will display a list of detected items. All found threats will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click “Next”. After that process is done, you may be prompted to restart your PC.
Scan your machine and remove EasyConvert with HitmanPro
HitmanPro will help get rid of hijacker infection which cause EasyConvert web-site to appear that slow down your PC system. The hijackers, ad supported software and other potentially unwanted apps slow your web browser down and try to force you into clicking on misleading ads and links. Hitman Pro removes the hijacker infection and lets you enjoy your PC without EasyConvert search.
Hitman Pro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
After the downloading process is finished, open the file location and double-click the Hitman Pro icon. It will launch the HitmanPro utility. If the User Account Control dialog box will ask you want to open the program, click Yes button to continue.
Next, click “Next” to perform a system scan with this utility for the browser hijacker that alters browser settings to replace your search engine, startpage and newtab page with EasyConvert site. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the HitmanPro program is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified as threat.
As the scanning ends, HitmanPro will open a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been detected like below.
Review the scan results and then click “Next” button. It will display a prompt, click the “Activate free license” button. The Hitman Pro will remove browser hijacker that changes browser settings to replace your startpage, new tab page and search engine with EasyConvert webpage and move threats to the program’s quarantine. After the procedure is complete, the tool may ask you to restart your computer.
Scan and clean your machine of hijacker infection with Malwarebytes
Manual EasyConvert start page removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the browser hijacker infection can be not completely removed. We recommend that use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your personal computer of hijacker. Moreover, the free program will help you to remove malicious software, PUPs, ‘ad supported’ software and toolbars that your personal computer can be infected too.
- Visit the following page to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Anti Malware for Microsoft Windows. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the downloading process is done, please close all software and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes onto your PC system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) will run and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes program will scan through the whole machine for the browser hijacker which cause EasyConvert web site to appear. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. When a malicious software, adware or potentially unwanted software are detected, the count of the security threats will change accordingly.
- When MalwareBytes has finished scanning, MalwareBytes will create a list of undesired programs adware.
- Review the results once the tool has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click the “Quarantine Selected” button. After the clean-up is complete, you may be prompted to reboot the machine.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Run AdBlocker to stop EasyConvert redirect
We recommend to install an ad-blocking program that can stop EasyConvert redirect and other intrusive web-pages. The ad blocking tool like AdGuard is a application that basically removes advertising from the Net and blocks access to malicious web-pages. Moreover, security experts says that using adblocker applications is necessary to stay safe when surfing the Internet.
- AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once downloading is finished, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the setup is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will run automatically and stop unwanted pop-up ads, web-pages like EasyConvert, as well as other malicious or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
How to prevent EasyConvert hijacker from getting inside your personal computer
Now your personal computer should be free of the hijacker that cause EasyConvert page to appear. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted popup ads and intrusive malicious web sites) and Zemana Anti Malware (to periodically scan your computer for new malware, hijackers and ad-supported software). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for MS Windows operating system. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new browser hijacker infections, harmful applications and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove EasyConvert redirect from your web browser, then ask for help here.