Are you seeing Maraukog.info pop-up notifications or ads in the Google Chrome, MS Edge, IE and Mozilla Firefox every time you use the browser to surf the World Wide Web? Then most likely that your web browser has been hijacked with a nasty malicious software from the adware family. The ad-supported software looks the entire traffic generated by you and on this basis, it displays a huge count of intrusive pop ups, notifications and annoying ads. Currently, this adware are widely spread, due to the fact that most people are trying to find free programs, download and install them on the computer without proper attention to the fact that adware can be installed onto the PC system along with them.
As well as unwanted web-browser redirects to Maraukog.info, the ‘ad supported’ software may gather your Net surfing activity by recording URLs visited, IP addresses, web-browser version and type, cookie information, Internet Service Provider (ISP) and web sites visited. Such kind of behavior can lead to serious security problems or privacy info theft. This is another reason why the ad-supported software which developed to redirect your web browser to various ad pages like Maraukog.info, is classified as potentially unwanted application (PUA).
The adware often change all web-browser shortcut files that located on your Desktop to force you visit various intrusive ad web-pages. As a result, your web browser can still reroute you to an annoying ad site despite your system is actually free of adware and other malicious software.
It’s important, do not use Maraukog.info website and do not click on its notifications and advertisements, as they may lead you to a more malicious or misleading web pages. The best option is to use the step-by-step guidance posted below to clean your system of adware and thereby remove Maraukog.info popup advertisements.
How to remove Maraukog.info pop-ups
There are several steps to removing the adware that causes internet browsers to open unwanted Maraukog.info popup advertisements, because it installs itself so deeply into MS Windows. You need to uninstall all suspicious and unknown apps, then remove malicious plugins from the MS Edge, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome and other web browsers you’ve installed. Finally, you need to reset your internet browser settings to remove any changes the adware has made, and then check your computer with Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM), MalwareBytes Anti Malware or HitmanPro to ensure the adware is fully removed. It will take a while.
To remove Maraukog.info, complete the steps below:
- How to remove Maraukog.info pop-ups without any software
- Delete Maraukog.info related programs through the Control Panel of your computer
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of Maraukog.info redirect
- Delete Maraukog.info advertisements from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove Maraukog.info pop-ups from Chrome
- Delete Maraukog.info pop-ups from Internet Explorer
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
- Scan your system and get rid of Maraukog.info popups with free utilities
- How to block Maraukog.info notifications
- How does your machine get infected with Maraukog.info popups
- To sum up
How to remove Maraukog.info pop-ups without any software
To remove Maraukog.info redirect, adware and other unwanted software you can try to do so manually. Unfortunately some of the adware won’t show up in your program list, but some adware may. In this case, you may be able to remove it through the uninstall function of your MS Windows computer. You can do this by completing the steps below.
Delete Maraukog.info related programs through the Control Panel of your computer
First, go to Microsoft Windows Control Panel and delete dubious applications, all programs you don’t remember installing. It is important to pay the most attention to programs you installed just before Maraukog.info popup advertisements appeared on your web-browser. If you don’t know what a program does, look for the answer on the World Wide Web.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the MS Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as shown in the following example.
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right as displayed on the image below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (MS Windows 7 or Vista) as displayed in the following example.
Carefully browse through the list of installed programs and remove all questionable and unknown apps. We recommend to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed software by date. After you have found anything suspicious that may be the ad-supported software that responsible for the appearance of Maraukog.info pop-ups or other potentially unwanted application (PUA), then select this program and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the dubious application blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully remove it from your personal computer.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of Maraukog.info redirect
Now you need to clean up the internet browser shortcuts. Check that the shortcut file referring to the right exe-file of the browser, and not on any unknown file.
Right click on the web browser’s shortcut file, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://site.address” that has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe.
To save changes, click OK . You need to clean all browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, MS Edge and Mozilla Firefox.
Delete Maraukog.info advertisements from Mozilla Firefox
If the Firefox web browser program is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Mozilla Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Firefox settings like start page, search provider and new tab page to their original state. It’ll save your personal information such as saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
First, open the Mozilla Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, press the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Maraukog.info pop-ups from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a easy way to remove the hijackers, harmful and ‘ad-supported’ extensions, as well as to recover the internet browser’s newtab page, default search provider and home page that have been changed by ad-supported software that responsible for the appearance of Maraukog.info pop up ads.
- First, start the Google Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset settings dialog box as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Delete Maraukog.info pop-ups from Internet Explorer
In order to recover all internet browser new tab, default search provider and homepage you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the MS Windows was installed on your PC.
First, start the Internet Explorer, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web browser, then press the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The IE will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as shown in the following example.
Once the task is complete, click “Close” button. Close the IE and reboot your machine for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web browser’s search engine, home page and new tab page to default state.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the ‘ad supported’ software can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you start your PC, it will show Maraukog.info unwanted web-page. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and delete all harmful tasks that have been created by ‘ad-supported’ programs.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard at the same time. It will show a prompt which titled with Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown in the figure below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be display just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need remove this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it is a component of the malicious apps, then this task also should be removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown on the screen below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by malicious programs. Once is complete, close the Task Scheduler window.
Scan your system and get rid of Maraukog.info popups with free utilities
If you are not expert at computers, then all your attempts to delete Maraukog.info ads by following the manual steps above might result in failure. To find and remove all of the ad-supported software related files and registry entries that keep this ‘ad supported’ software on your personal computer, run free antimalware software like Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM), MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) and HitmanPro from our list below.
How to automatically remove Maraukog.info advertisements with Zemana Anti-malware
We suggest you to use the Zemana Anti-malware which are completely clean your PC system of ad-supported software responsible for Maraukog.info pop-ups. Moreover, the tool will allow you to remove potentially unwanted programs, malicious software, toolbars and hijackers that your computer can be infected too.
- Installing the Zemana AntiMalware is simple. First you’ll need to download Zemana Free on your Windows Desktop from the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When downloading is finished, please close all apps and open windows on your computer. Next, launch a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of Zemana onto your PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Anti-Malware will open and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button . Zemana utility will start scanning the whole system to find out adware that responsible for the appearance of Maraukog.info popup ads. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the Zemana Anti-Malware is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
- Once the scanning is done, Zemana Free will open a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been found.
- Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and click the “Next” button. The tool will begin to remove adware that developed to redirect your web browser to various ad web-sites like Maraukog.info. When finished, you may be prompted to restart the PC system.
- Close the Zemana AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Scan and free your system of adware with HitmanPro
Hitman Pro cleans your PC system from browser hijackers, PUPs, unwanted toolbars, internet browser plugins and other unwanted applications like ‘ad supported’ software that redirects your web browser to unwanted Maraukog.info website. The free removal tool will help you enjoy your personal computer to its fullest. Hitman Pro uses advanced behavioral detection technologies to scan for if there are unwanted applications in your computer. You can review the scan results, and choose the items you want to erase.
- Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of Hitman Pro for Windows. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: December 8, 2017
- After the download is complete, double click the HitmanPro icon. Once this utility is started, click “Next” button . HitmanPro utility will begin scanning the whole PC to find out adware that causes a ton of unwanted Maraukog.info popup ads. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. When a malware, ad supported software or PUPs are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- When the scanning is done, HitmanPro will display a list of found threats. In order to remove all threats, simply click “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Run Malwarebytes to delete Maraukog.info pop-up ads
We suggest using the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your system of the adware. The free utility is an advanced malware removal program created by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular anti malware technology. It’s able to help you remove annoying Maraukog.info advertisements from your browsers, PUPs, malicious software, browser hijackers, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your PC system for free.
Installing the MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) is simple. First you will need to download MalwareBytes Free on your machine from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
Once the downloading process is complete, close all windows on your PC. Further, run the file named mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as displayed on the screen below, click the “Yes” button.
It will show the “Setup wizard” that will assist you install MalwareBytes Free on the computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once install is done successfully, press Finish button. Then MalwareBytes will automatically run and you can see its main window as displayed in the figure below.
Next, press the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) utility will begin scanning the whole PC system to find out adware that created to reroute your internet browser to various ad web pages like Maraukog.info. This task may take some time, so please be patient. While the utility is checking, you can see number of objects and files has already scanned.
Once the scan is complete, MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) will show a list of detected threats. Next, you need to click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The MalwareBytes will remove ad supported software that responsible for the appearance of Maraukog.info pop-up advertisements. Once that process is finished, you can be prompted to restart your personal computer. We recommend you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the MalwareBytes Free to remove hijackers, ‘ad supported’ software and other malicious software.
How to block Maraukog.info notifications
Run an ad blocking utility like AdGuard will protect you from harmful advertisements and content. Moreover, you can find that the AdGuard have an option to protect your privacy and stop phishing and spam web pages. Additionally, ad-blocker programs will help you to avoid unwanted pop up advertisements and unverified links that also a good way to stay safe online.
- Download AdGuard from the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
- Once the downloading process is finished, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the setup is finished, click “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your machine, AdGuard will start automatically and block popup ads, Maraukog.info notifications, as well as other harmful or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
How does your machine get infected with Maraukog.info popups
To sum up
Now your computer should be free of the adware which cause unwanted Maraukog.info pop ups to appear. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted pop up ads and intrusive malicious web-sites) and Zemana Free (to periodically scan your computer for new adwares and other malicious software). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to get rid of Maraukog.info pop up advertisements from the Firefox, MS Edge, Chrome and Microsoft Internet Explorer, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.