Have you tried to open a well-known web-page and found that your web browser is redirected to a previously unseen web-page called Windows Health Is Critical? If you answered ‘Yes’ then your need to know that this page is a misleading ad web site that created to force you to call to fake Microsoft tech support. If the Chrome, Firefox, IE or Edge is constantly being redirected to this scam site, then your personal computer is infected with an ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware). The adware is a type of malicious software that changes your machine’s internet browser settings so that you will be randomly redirected to an undesired advertisements. Perform the few simple steps below ASAP It will clean your computer from the ad supported software and thereby remove annoying Windows Health Is Critical ads. Moreover, the tutorial will help you to stop the ability to penetrate of more malicious viruses and trojans on your system.
Table of contents
- What is Windows Health Is Critical
- How to remove Windows Health Is Critical pop up
- How to manually remove Windows Health Is Critical
- Remove suspicious programs through the Control Panel of your PC system
- Disinfect the web browser’s shortcuts
- Delete Windows Health Is Critical fake pop-up error from IE
- Remove Windows Health Is Critical fake pop up error from Google Chrome
- Get rid of Windows Health Is Critical fake popup error from Firefox
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
- How to automatically get rid of Windows Health Is Critical pop-up scam
- How to manually remove Windows Health Is Critical
- Block Windows Health Is Critical pop-up and other unwanted sites
- How to avoid installation of Windows Health Is Critical pop up
- Finish words
The adware may insert a large count of advertisements directly to the web-sites that you visit, creating a sense that the advertising banners has been added by the creators of the site. Moreover, a legal advertising banners may be replaced on the fake advertisements, that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and harmful software. Moreover, the adware has the ability to collect a large amount of personal information about you (your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the World Wide Web, which links you are clicking), which can later transfer to third parties.
Most often, the ad-supported software affects the most common internet browsers like the Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer. But such the harmful software as well may infect another web-browsers by changing its shortcuts (adding an argument such as ‘http://site.address’ into Target field of a web-browser’s shortcut). So every time you launch the internet browser, it will reroute to the undesired Windows Health Is Critical web page. Even if you setup a new startpage, an undesired web page will be the first thing you see when you launch the Google Chrome, FF, Internet Explorer and Edge.
Therefore it’s very important to follow the tutorial below as quickly as possible. The steps will allow you to remove ‘ad supported’ software as well as clean your system from the Windows Health Is Critical fake pop-up error. What is more, the few simple steps below will allow you remove other harmful software such as unwanted toolbars and browser hijackers, that could penetrate into personal computer along with the adware.
How to remove Windows Health Is Critical pop up
The answer is right here on this page. We have put together simplicity and efficiency. It will allow you easily to free your PC system of adware which developed to show misleading Windows Health Is Critical fake pop up error within your web-browser. Moreover, you can select manual or automatic removal method. If you’re familiar with the computer then use manual removal, otherwise use the free antimalware tool designed specifically to delete ad supported software. Of course, you can combine both methods. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to close your web browser or reboot your personal computer.
How to manually remove Windows Health Is Critical
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to delete the Windows Health Is Critical pop-up scam from the Chrome, Firefox, MS Edge and Internet Explorer web browsers.
Remove suspicious programs through the Control Panel of your PC system
We suggest that you begin the machine cleaning procedure by checking the list of installed programs and uninstall all unknown or suspicious programs. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the malicious software such as ad-supported software and browser hijackers may be bundled with free programs. Delete the unwanted applications can delete the intrusive ads or internet browser redirect.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the MS Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as shown on the image below.
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right as on the image below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 7 or Vista) as on the image below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed software and remove all software which has suspicious name. We recommend to press ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed applications by date. When you have found anything suspicious that may be the hijacker, adware or potentially unwanted software, then select this application and press ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the suspicious program blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully delete it from your machine.
Disinfect the web browser’s shortcuts
Unfortunately, the adware can also hijack Windows shortcuts (mostly, your browsers shortcuts), so that the Windows Health Is Critical ad web site will be shown when you run the Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge and IE or another browser.
Click the right mouse button to a desktop shortcut that you use to start your internet browser. Next, select the “Properties” option. Important: necessary to click on the desktop shortcut for the web browser which is redirected to Windows Health Is Critical or other unwanted web-site.
Further, necessary to look at the text which is written in the “Target” field. The ‘ad supported’ software can replace the contents of this field, which describes the file to be start when you open your web-browser. Depending on the web-browser you are using, there should be:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
If you are seeing an unknown text such as “http://site.addres” which has been added here, then you should remove it, like below.
Next, press the “OK” button to save the changes. Now, when you start the web browser from this desktop shortcut, it does not occur automatically redirect on the Windows Health Is Critical page or any other intrusive web pages. Once the step is complete, we recommend to go to the next step.
Delete Windows Health Is Critical fake pop-up error from IE
The Microsoft Internet Explorer reset is great if your web-browser is hijacked or you have unwanted addo-ons or toolbars on your web browser, which installed by an malicious software.
First, open the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will show the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then click the “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button as shown on the screen below.
Once the task is finished, press “Close” button. Close the Microsoft Internet Explorer and restart your PC system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web-browser’s new tab page, start page and search engine by default to default state.
Remove Windows Health Is Critical fake pop up error from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the ‘ad supported’ software, harmful and adware extensions, as well as to restore the browser’s start page, newtab and default search engine that have been modified by adware that causes internet browsers to show misleading Windows Health Is Critical fake popup error.
- First, launch the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Show advanced settings” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset settings prompt as on the image above.
- Confirm the web browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Windows Health Is Critical fake popup error from Firefox
The Mozilla Firefox reset will keep your personal information like bookmarks, passwords, web form auto-fill data, restore preferences and security settings, delete redirects to annoying Windows Health Is Critical site and ad supported software.
Start the Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the browser screen. Next, press the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will display the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you’re unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as on the image below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The FF will begin a process to fix your problems that caused by the ad-supported software. After, it’s complete, press the “Finish” button.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the unwanted Windows Health Is Critical web-page opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all the tasks that have been created by adware.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard at the same time. This displays a prompt that titled with Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown in the figure below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Please choose the first task, its properties will be show just below automatically. Next, press the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your computer. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then delete this harmful task. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it is a component of the unwanted programs, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to remove, then press on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as on the image below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks which have been created by malicious application. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to automatically get rid of Windows Health Is Critical pop-up scam
In order to completely delete Windows Health Is Critical, you not only need to remove ‘ad supported’ software from your PC system, but also remove all its components in your computer including Windows registry entries. We suggest to download and use free removal tools to automatically free your computer of adware that causes misleading Windows Health Is Critical fake pop-up error on your web browser.
Use Zemana Anti-malware to remove Windows Health Is Critical fake pop-up error
We recommend using the Zemana Anti-malware which are completely clean your personal computer of the ad-supported software. The tool is an advanced malicious software removal program created by (c) Zemana lab. It’s able to help you delete PUPs, hijacker infections, malware, toolbars, ransomware and ‘ad supported’ software that causes multiple misleading Windows Health Is Critical alerts and pop ups.
- Please download Zemana Anti-Malware to your desktop by clicking on the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will show the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once downloading is done, please close all applications and open windows on your PC system. Next, start a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Anti-Malware onto your machine. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Anti-Malware will launch and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button It’ll scan through the whole PC system for the adware which cause misleading Windows Health Is Critical popup to appear. This process can take some time, so please be patient. While the utility is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
- Once finished, it’ll display a scan report.
- Next, you need to press the “Next” button. The tool will start to remove adware which developed to display misleading Windows Health Is Critical fake pop up error within your web browser. After the clean-up is done, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
- Close the Zemana Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Scan and clean your computer of adware with Malwarebytes
We recommend using the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your PC of the adware. The free utility is an advanced malicious software removal application designed by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular anti malware technology. It’s able to help you remove unwanted Windows Health Is Critical popup scam from your web-browsers, PUPs, malicious software, browser hijackers, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your computer for free.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the downloading process is complete, please close all programs and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of Malwarebytes onto your system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Malwarebytes will run and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware that causes multiple misleading Windows Health Is Critical alerts and popups. A scan may take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your computer and the speed of your machine. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- Once that process is done, you can check all items found on your personal computer.
- When you are ready, click the “Quarantine Selected” button. After the cleaning process is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the system.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Remove Windows Health Is Critical fake popup and harmful extensions with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a free removal tool that can be downloaded and use to delete adware which causes misleading Windows Health Is Critical fake pop up on your internet browser, hijackers, malware, potentially unwanted applications, toolbars and other threats from your personal computer. You can run this utility to detect threats even if you have an antivirus or any other security application.
Download AdwCleaner utility by clicking on the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: June 11, 2018
After downloading is finished, open the folder in which you saved it and double-click the AdwCleaner icon. It will launch the AdwCleaner utility and you will see a screen as on the image below. If the User Account Control prompt will ask you want to open the application, click Yes button to continue.
Next, click “Scan” . This will start scanning the whole personal computer to find out adware which designed to display misleading Windows Health Is Critical fake pop up error within your browser. Depending on your system, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the program is scanning, you can see count of objects it has identified as threat.
When the scanning is finished is done, it’ll display a list of all items detected by this utility as shown on the image below.
Make sure all threats have ‘checkmark’ and click “Clean” button. It will show a dialog box. Click “OK” button. The AdwCleaner will delete ad supported software that causes multiple misleading Windows Health Is Critical alerts and popups. When the task is finished, the tool may ask you to reboot your PC. After reboot, the AdwCleaner will show the log file.
All the above steps are shown in detail in the following video instructions.
Block Windows Health Is Critical pop-up and other unwanted sites
It’s also critical to protect your internet browsers from harmful web pages and ads by using an ad blocking program such as AdGuard. Security experts says that it’ll greatly reduce the risk of malware, and potentially save lots of money. Additionally, the AdGuard may also protect your privacy by blocking almost all trackers.
- Download AdGuard application by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2017
- When downloading is done, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the setup is complete, click “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will start automatically and stop advertisements, web sites such Windows Health Is Critical, as well as other harmful or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
How to avoid installation of Windows Health Is Critical pop up
The ad-supported software is usually is bundled with free applications and install themselves, with or without your knowledge, on your computer. This happens especially when you’re installing a free applications. The program setup package tricks you into accepting the installation of optional programs, which you don’t really want. Moreover, some paid software can also install third-party programs that you don’t want! Therefore, always download free programs and paid software from reputable download web sites. Use ONLY custom or manual installation mode and never blindly click Next button.
Now your PC system should be clean of the adware that developed to show misleading Windows Health Is Critical fake pop up error within your browser. Uninstall AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop up advertisements and annoying malicious sites) and Zemana Anti-malware (to periodically scan your personal computer for new browser hijacker infections, malicious software and adware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Windows Health Is Critical pop-up from the Google Chrome, IE, Firefox and MS Edge, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.