The Tgmgo.com homepage should not be underestimated, because the reason for it is appearance of hijacker on your computer. It can bring a security risk to your PC. So, do not ignore it! Of course, the Tgmgo.com is just a page, but the hijacker uses it to replace your home page, newtab page and search provider by default, without your permission and desire to see it. The Tgmgo.com as your homepage can be just the beginning, because your system is infected by malicious software, that in the future may increase the amount of problems with the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. Its appearance will prevent you normally browse the Internet, and more, can lead to crash the browser.
The Tgmgo.com browser hijacker infection usually affects only the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. However, possible situations, when any other browsers will be affected too. The browser hijacker will perform a scan of the computer for web-browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the browser shortcuts, it will add the argument such as ‘http://tgmgo.com/search’ into Target property. So, each time you start the internet browser, you will see the Tgmgo.com annoying page.
The Tgmgo.com browser hijacker may also change the default search engine that will virtually block the possibility of finding information on the World Wide Web. The reason for this is that the Tgmgo.com search results may open a huge number of ads, links to malicious and misleading web-sites. Only the remaining part is the result of your search request, loaded from the major search engines such as Google, Yahoo or Bing.
The Tgmgo.com browser hijacker infection is not a virus, but the virus behaves similarly. As a rootkit hides in the system, changes web-browser settings, and blocks them from changing. Also this web-browser hijacker infection can install additional internet browser addons, extensions and modules that will open advertisements and popups. And finally, the Tgmgo.com hijacker can collect a wide variety of personal information such as what sites you are opening, what you are looking for the Net and so on. This information, in the future, may be transferred to third parties. Therefore it is very important to clean your system as quickly as possible and thereby get rid of Tgmgo.com search, as well as other malware and adware, which can be installed onto your system along with it.
How to Tgmgo.com browser hijacker get installed onto personal computer
Most often, the free programs installer includes the optional potentially unwanted software such as this browser hijacker. So, be very careful when you agree to install anything. The best way – is to choose a Custom, Advanced or Manual installation mode. Here disable (uncheck) all optional software in which you are unsure or that causes even a slightest suspicion. The main thing you should remember, you do not need to install the optional applications which you don’t trust! The only thing I want to add. Once the free programs is installed, if you uninstall this software, the start page and search provider by default of your favorite browser will not be restored. This must be done by yourself. Just follow the guide below.
How to manually remove Tgmgo.com
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually remove Tgmgo.com from the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge.
- Remove Tgmgo.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Tgmgo.com search
- Delete Tgmgo.com from Google Chrome
- Remove Tgmgo.com redirect from Mozilla Firefox
- Uninstall Tgmgo.com from IE
Remove Tgmgo.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
We recommend that you begin the PC system cleaning process by checking the list of installed software and uninstall all unknown or suspicious programs. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the malicious applications such as adware and browser hijackers may be bundled with free applications. Uninstall the unwanted applications can remove the annoying ads or browser redirect.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Next, click “Uninstall a program” It will open a list of all programs installed on your computer. Scroll through the all list, and delete any suspicious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort software by date in the Control panel.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Tgmgo.com search
Click the right mouse button to a desktop shortcut which you use to start your browser. Next, select the “Properties” option. Important: necessary to click on the desktop shortcut for the browser which is redirected to the Tgmgo.com or other unwanted web page.
Further, necessary to look at the text which is written in the “Target” field. The hijacker can replace the contents of this field, which describes the file to be run when you launch your browser. Depending on the browser you are using, there should be:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
If you are seeing an unknown text like “http://tgmgo.com/search” that has been added here, then you should remove it, as shown below. Next, click the “OK” button to save the changes. Now, when you start the web-browser from this desktop shortcut, it does not occur automatically redirect on the Tgmgo.com web-site or any other annoying web-pages. Once the step is finished, we recommend to go to the next step.
Delete Tgmgo.com from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the malware and adware extensions, as well as to restore the internet browser’s settings that have been changed by hijacker.
- Open the Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again. Press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is finished, your web-browser’s homepage, new tab page and search engine by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Tgmgo.com redirect from Mozilla Firefox
If the Firefox settings such as homepage and search engine by default have been changed by the browser hijacker, then resetting it to the default state can help.
First, launch the Firefox and click button to display the Tools menu. It shows the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Further, click the Help button (). In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type about:support in the browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. It will open the confirmation dialog box. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the Tgmgo.com hijacker. Once, it’s finished, click the “Finish” button.
Uninstall Tgmgo.com from IE
First, launch the Internet Explorer, click ). Click “Internet Options” as shown below. In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Internet Explorer will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button. You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect. It will remove Tgmgo.com browser hijacker infection, disable malicious and ad-supported browser’s extensions and restore the IE’s homepage to default state.
How to remove Tgmgo.com with Antimalware
Manual removal Tgmgo.com startpage requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the browser hijacker infection may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your PC. Moreover, the free program will help you to get rid of malware, ad-supported software (adware) and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Please download MalwareBytes Anti-malware to your desktop from the following link. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: December 8, 2016
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the download process is finished, please close all software and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- This will open the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes Anti-malware onto your PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Antimalware will start and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button for the browser hijacker infection removal scan. It will start scanning your system for the infection which redirects your browser to the Tgmgo.com unwanted web site. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When the MalwareBytes Anti-malware has finished scanning, it will open a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been found.
- When you are ready, press the “Remove Selected” button to begin cleaning your system. Once the process is finished, you may be prompted to Restart.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to block Tgmgo.com redirect
To increase your security and protect your personal computer against new unwanted advertising links and dangerous sites, you need to use program that blocks access to malicious advertising links and sites. Moreover, the software can block the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: August 16, 2016
- After the download is finished, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is complete, press “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, pages such Tgmgo.com, as well as other dangerous or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
If the problem with Tgmgo.com is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot get rid of this browser hijacker, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for browser hijackers, adware, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Category: Security tools
Update: December 3, 2016
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, click “Scan” button to perform a system scan for Tgmgo.com hijacker.
- Once the scan is done, the AdwCleaner will show a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt, click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for Tgmgo.com removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with Tgmgo.com removal.