The appearance of unwanted SimilarDeals ads in your internet browser means that your PC system is infected with an adware. It makes changes to the system settings and configures itself so as to start automatically each time the PC is turned on. Immediately after startup, the adware begins to monitor the user’s actions and insert advertisements directly into the open windows of the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. So, if you notice that your browser has become show the ads that signed with “SimilarDeals” or “Powered by SimilarDeals” or “Brought to you by SimilarDeals” or “Ads by SimilarDeals”, then you do not need to wait . Complete the few simple steps below and remove SimilarDeals advertising links as quickly as possible.
The malicious software from the ad supported software family that changes the settings of web-browsers usually affects only the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. However, possible situations, when any other browsers will be affected too. The adware may change the Target property of a internet browser’s shortcut, so every time you open the web-browser, instead of your startpage, you will see an annoying ads.
The ad supported software is the part of the software that is used as an online promotional tool. It is created with the sole purpose to open dozens of ads, banners and pop-ups, and thus to promote the goods and services in an open web-browser window. So, the SimilarDeals is just one of the many others of the so-called ‘ad-support’ type software. It is designed to fill the internet browser’s constant stream of advertising links, or redirect the browser to not expected and intrusive advertising pages. Moreover, the ad supported software can substitute the legitimate advertising links on misleading or even banners that can offer to visit malicious web-sites. The reason is simple, many advertisers agree on any ways to attract users to their sites, so the creators of adware, often forcing users to click on an advertising link. For each click on a link, the authors of the ad supported software receive income. It’s the so-called ‘Pay-Per-Click’ method.
Instructions, which is shown below, will allow you to clean your system from the adware infection and get rid of SimilarDeals annoying advertising from the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge and other browsers.
How does SimilarDeals advertising banners get installed onto computer
How to manually remove SimilarDeals ads
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually remove SimilarDeals ads from the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
- Delete suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts
- Get rid of ads by SimilarDeals in Chrome
- Remove SimilarDeals ads from Firefox
- Remove SimilarDeals ads from Internet Explorer
Delete suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows key , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Click “Uninstall a program” It will open a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown programs.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts
Now you need to clean up the browser shortcuts. Check that the shortcut referring to the right exe-file of the browser, and not on any unknown file. Right click to a desktop shortcut for your browser. Choose the “Properties” option.
It will open the Properties window. Select the “Shortcut” tab here, after that, look at the “Target” field. The adware can replace it. If you are seeing something like “…exe http://web.site.address” then you need to remove “http…” and leave only, depending on the browser you are using:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
Look at the example on the screen below. Once is done, press the “OK” button to save the changes. Please repeat this step for web-browser shortcuts which redirects to an unwanted web-sites. When you have completed, go to next step.
Get rid of ads by SimilarDeals in Chrome
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click to Settings option. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown below and click on the Reset settings button. Confirm your action, click on the Reset button.
Remove SimilarDeals ads from Firefox
Open the Mozilla Firefox menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button. Confirm your action. Click on the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove SimilarDeals ads from Internet Explorer
Open the Microsoft Internet Explorer tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the “Internet Options”. In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click on “Reset” button. You will now need to restart your system for the changes to take effect.
How to uninstall SimilarDeals with Anti-malware
Manual removal SimilarDeals requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your personal computer. Moreover, the free applications will help you to remove malware, internet browser hijackers and toolbars that your PC system may be infected too.
- Please download MalwareBytes Anti-malware to your desktop from the following link. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click the Download button. Your web-browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- Once the download process is complete, please close all software and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- This will start the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes Anti-malware onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Anti-malware will start and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button for adware removal scan. It will begin scanning your PC for the ad supported software which redirects your web-browser to the SimilarDeals annoying web-page. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When the MalwareBytes Anti-malware has finished scanning, it will display a screen which contains a list of malicious programs that has been found.
- When you are ready, press on “Remove Selected” button to begin cleaning your computer. Once the process is finished, you may be prompted to Restart.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Stop SimilarDeals ads and other unwanted web sites
To increase your security and protect your computer against new unwanted advertisements and malicious sites, you need to use program that stops access to malicious ads and sites. Moreover, the software can block the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown below.
Follow the prompts. After installation is complete, you will see a window as shown in the figure below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will run automatically and block pop-up ads, pages such SimilarDeals, as well as other dangerous or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your Windows desktop.
Remove SimilarDeals ads and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot delete the annoying ads by SimilarDeals within the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: June 30, 2021
Once finished, open a directory in which you saved it. You will see a icon like below.
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. Once this tool is started, you will see a screen like below.
Press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for malicious extensions and the ad supported software which shows the ads from SimilarDeals page. Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report as shown below.
Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will open a prompt.
Click “OK”. When the cleaning process is finished, AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your system.
When your system is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for SimilarDeals advertisements removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the unwanted SimilarDeals ads.