If you’re reading this post, it means that you are seeing the Luckysearch123.com unknown web-page instead of your startpage or when you open a new tab or perform an internet search you are automatically directed to the annoying page. All of these problems with your personal computer caused by infection, which is often installs on the PC with the freeware. You probably want to know how to get rid of this hijacker and remove Luckysearch123.com homepage as well as to restore your web-browser’s start page, new tab page and search provider by default. In the step-by-step instructions below we will tell you about how to solve your problems.
Most often, the Luckysearch123.com browser hijacker infection affects the most common browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. But such browser hijackers as well may infect another web-browsers by changing its shortcuts (adding ‘http://luckysearch123.com/’ into Target field of a browser’s shortcut). So every time you open the internet browser, it will display Luckysearch123.com search. Even if you setup your homepage again, it is still the first thing you see when you start the web-browser will be the annoying Luckysearch123.com web-site.
In addition, the Luckysearch123.com browser hijacker can also modify the search engine selected in the web-browser. When you try to search on the infected internet browser, you will be presented with a fake search results, consisting of advertising and Google (or Yahoo, or Bing) search results for your query. Among these search results can occur very dangerous links that lead to malicious and misleading sites.
Although, Luckysearch123.com browser hijacker infection is not a virus, but it does bad things, and it modifies the settings of your browser. Moreover, with this hijacker infection, an adware can be additionally installed on to your system, that will open tons of advertisements, hindering or completely blocking the work in the browser. Often such advertising links may recommend to install other unknown and unwanted applications or visit malicious web pages. So, it’s very important to clean your computer ASAP. The guide, which is shown below, will allow you to remove Luckysearch123.com from the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge and other browsers.
How to Luckysearch123.com hijacker get installed onto system
How to manually remove Luckysearch123.com
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually remove Luckysearch123.com startpage from the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge.
- Remove Luckysearch123.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
- Remove Luckysearch123.com search from Firefox
- Remove Luckysearch123.com redirect from Chrome
- Remove Luckysearch123.com redirect from Internet Explorer
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of Luckysearch123.com redirect
Remove Luckysearch123.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows button , then press Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will display the Windows Control Panel like below.
Further, press “Uninstall a program” It will open a list of all programs installed on your personal computer. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown applications.
Remove Luckysearch123.com search from Firefox
First, launch the Mozilla Firefox. Open the main menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button (). In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown below. Confirm your action. Click on the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Luckysearch123.com redirect from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the malicious and ad-supported extensions, as well as to restore the browser’s start page and search provider by default that have been modified by hijacker.
- Open the Chrome and press on the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will show the Chrome main menu, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Show advanced settings” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the Advanced settings page, click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset settings box as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the web-browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Luckysearch123.com redirect from Internet Explorer
To restore the homepage, new tab page and search engine by default you need to reset the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings to the state, they were when the Windows OS was first installed on your PC system.
First, start the Internet Explorer. Open the Tools menu (click ‘gear’ icon ). It displays the drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then click the “Internet Options”. In the “Internet Options” dialog screen, you need to click the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The IE will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button as shown on the image below. Once the task is complete, click “Close” button, then close the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Restart your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to back your web-browser’s homepage and search engine by default to default state.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of Luckysearch123.com
Once installed, this hijacker may add “http://luckysearch123.com/” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. Due to this, every time you launch the web-browser, it will open the unwanted homepage.
Right click on the browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://luckysearch123.com/” that has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe. To save changes, press OK . You need to clean all internet browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
Remove Luckysearch123.com with MalwareBytes Anti-malware.
Remove Luckysearch123.com manually is difficult and often the browser hijacker is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free application will help you to remove adware and toolbars that your PC may be infected too.
Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once downloaded, close all applications and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup as shown in the figure below.
When the installation begins, you will see the “Setup wizard” that will help you install MalwareBytes Anti-malware on your computer.
Once installation is finished, you will see window as shown on the screen below.
Now press the “Scan Now” button to begin scanning your PC for the hijacker that cause a redirect to Luckysearch123.com. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected” button. The MalwareBytes Anti-malware will start removing Luckysearch123.com browser hijacker infection related files, folders, registry keys. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to Restart.
The following video offers a steps on how to remove browser hijacker with Malwarebytes Anti-malware.
How to stop Luckysearch123.com homepage
To increase your security and protect your system against new annoying advertising links and malicious web-sites, you need to use program that blocks access to dangerous advertising links and web-pages. Moreover, the software can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the download is finished, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, sites such Luckysearch123.com, as well as other malicious or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
Get rid of Luckysearch123.com browser hijacker infection and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot get rid of this browser hijacker infection, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for browser hijackers, adware, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: March 22, 2021
Once finished, open a directory in which you saved it. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. Once this tool is started, you will see a screen as shown on the image below.
Press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for Luckysearch123.com infection and browser’s malicious extensions. Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report like below.
Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will open a prompt.
Click “OK”. When the cleaning process is complete, the AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your personal computer.
When your PC is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for Luckysearch123.com removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with Luckysearch123.com removal.