ANG AntiVirus 09 is rogue antivirus/antispyware application that looks like Antivirus 2010, Antivirus 360 and Total Virus Protection. The software uses malicious programs, trojans, fake online scanners and advertising on the Internet for distribution. This advertisement tells that your computer is infected and offers to download and install ANG AntiVirus 09.
During installation, ANG AntiVirus 09 configures itself to run automatically every time, when you start your computer. Once running, ANG AntiVirus 09 will scan your computer and list a large amount of infections, but some of these “infections” are actually legitimate Windows files. Do not delete these files!
While ANG AntiVirus 09 is running:
- Your computer will display fake Windows Security Center that will recommend you register the software.
- Internet Explorer will be hijacked. Anytime when you are browsing the Internet a fake security alert page will be shown stating (a few examples):
We recommend you to install an antispyware program and to run a security check of your system immediatley.
We are sorry, we can’t let you in.
- Your computer will display fake security alerts.
Use the free instructions below to remove ANG AntiVirus 09 and any associated malware from your computer.
Symptoms in a HijackThis Log.
Use the following instructions to remove ANG AntiVirus 09 (Uninstall instructions).
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM). Close all programs and Windows on your computer.
- Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application. When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue with the installation process. Do not make any changes to default settings and when the program has finished installing, make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select “Perform Quick Scan”, then click Scan.
- The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.
Note: if you need help with the instructions, then post your questions in our Spyware Removal forum.