What is Eyes-Guard
Eyes-Guard is supposed to be a browser extension that will improve the browsing experience, but according to security experts, this extension acts as adware. Adware is form of malicious software which displays unwanted ads on a computer, redirects search requests to scam webpages and collects personal information for marketing purposes. Adware can show banner ads, full-screen ads, pop ups, videos, or other varieties of online advertising. Maybe you approve the idea that the ads or pop ups is just a small problem. But these unwanted advertisements eat system resources and slow down your personal computer performance. Adware software can attack your computer’s internet browsers such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
Does adware steal your confidential data? Adware can install a component that enables its creator to track which web sites you visit, which products you look at upon those pages. They are then able to select the type of advertisements they display you. So, if you had adware software on your computer, there is a good chance you have another that is collecting and sharing your privacy information with third parties, without your say-so.
So, if you happen to encounter the adware, then be quick and take effort to get rid of it without a wait. Follow the steps below to remove Eyes-Guard adware. Let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
How does Eyes-Guard get on your device
|Eyes-Guard, “Eyes-Guard extension”
|adware, potentially unwanted program (PUP), pop-up virus, popups, pop up ads
|Eyes-Guard removal guide
How to remove Eyes-Guard adware from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
There are a simple manual steps below that will help you to remove Eyes-Guard from your Windows PC. The most effective way to delete this adware is to complete the manual removal steps and then run Zemana AntiMalware, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware or HitmanPro automatic tool (all are free). The manual way will assist to weaken this adware and these malware removal tools will completely delete adware software and restore the Edge, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome settings to default.
To remove Eyes-Guard, follow the steps below:
- How to remove Eyes-Guard adware without any software
- Automatic Removal of Eyes-Guard adware software
- How to stay safe online
How to remove Eyes-Guard adware without any software
In this section of the article, we have posted the steps that will help to remove Eyes-Guard manually. Although compared to removal utilities, this solution loses in time, but you don’t need to install anything on your personal computer. It will be enough for you to follow the detailed guidance with images. We tried to describe each step in detail, but if you realized that you might not be able to figure it out, or simply do not want to change the Microsoft Windows and browser settings, then it’s better for you to run utilities from trusted developers, which are listed below.
Remove suspicious applications using MS Windows Control Panel
First of all, check the list of installed programs on your computer and remove all unknown and newly added apps. If you see an unknown application with incorrect spelling or varying capital letters, it have most likely been installed by malicious software and you should clean it off first with malicious software removal tool such as Zemana Anti-Malware.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, click Windows button , then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as shown on the image below.
Once the ‘Control Panel’ opens, press the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as displayed on the screen below.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel like below.
Very carefully look around the entire list of software installed on your personal computer. Most probably, one of them is the Eyes-Guard adware. If you have many applications installed, you can help simplify the search of harmful apps by sort the list by date of installation. Once you’ve found a questionable, unwanted or unused application, right click to it, after that click ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, click ‘Start’ button and select ‘Control Panel’ at right panel as shown on the screen below.
When the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to click ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ as displayed in the figure below.
You will see a list of apps installed on your PC system. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the programs that were installed last. Most likely, it is the Eyes-Guard . If you are in doubt, you can always check the program by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. Once the program which you need to uninstall is found, simply click on its name, and then press ‘Uninstall’ as shown on the image below.
Remove Eyes-Guard adware from Google Chrome
If you have adware, unwanted ads or Chrome is running slow, then reset Chrome can help you. In this tutorial we will show you the way to reset your Google Chrome settings and data to original settings without reinstall.
- First, launch the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset settings dialog box as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Eyes-Guard adware from Firefox
The Firefox reset will remove redirects to online ads, fix modified preferences, disable malicious extensions and restore security settings. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
First, launch the Firefox and click button. It will display the drop-down menu on the right-part of the internet browser. Further, click the Help button () as displayed on the screen below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the browser adress bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page similar to the one below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will show the confirmation dialog box. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the adware software. After, it’s finished, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Eyes-Guard from Microsoft Internet Explorer
By resetting Microsoft Internet Explorer internet browser you return your web browser settings to its default state. This is first when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by Eyes-Guard adware.
First, open the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will display the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then click the “Internet Options” as displayed below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The IE will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as on the image below.
Once the procedure is finished, click “Close” button. Close the IE and restart your PC system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web browser’s homepage, newtab page and search provider to default state.
Automatic Removal of Eyes-Guard adware
Adware can be removed from the web-browser and personal computer by running a full system scan with an anti-malware tool. For example, you can run a full system scan with Zemana AntiMalware, MalwareBytes AntiMalware and Hitman Pro. It’ll help you get rid of components of adware from Windows registry and malicious files from system drives.
Remove Eyes-Guard with Zemana
You can download and use the Zemana for free. This anti malware utility will scan all the registry items and files in your computer along with the system settings and browser extensions. If it finds any malicious software, adware or malicious add-on that is related to Eyes-Guard adware then the Zemana Anti-Malware will remove them from your personal computer completely.
- Click the following link to download the latest version of Zemana AntiMalware for Microsoft Windows. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once you have downloaded the installation file, make sure to double click on the Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. This would start the Zemana Anti-Malware installation on your device.
- Select installation language and press ‘OK’ button.
- On the next screen ‘Setup Wizard’ simply click the ‘Next’ button and follow the prompts.
- Finally, once the installation is done, Zemana AntiMalware will run automatically. Else, if doesn’t then double-click on the Zemana Anti-Malware icon on your desktop.
- Now that you have successfully install Zemana, let’s see How to use Zemana AntiMalware to get rid of adware software from your computer.
- After you have opened the Zemana, you’ll see a window as displayed on the screen below, just press ‘Scan’ button to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware.
- Now pay attention to the screen while Zemana scans your PC.
- When Zemana AntiMalware has finished scanning, Zemana AntiMalware will display a list of all threats detected by the scan. Make sure to check mark the threats which are unsafe and then click ‘Next’ button.
- Zemana Anti-Malware may require a reboot PC in order to complete the Eyes-Guard adware removal process.
- If you want to permanently delete adware from your personal computer, then click ‘Quarantine’ icon, select all malware, adware software, PUPs and other threats and press Delete.
- Restart your computer to complete the adware software removal process.
Get rid of Eyes-Guard and harmful extensions with Hitman Pro
Hitman Pro is a completely free (30 day trial) tool. You do not need expensive ways to delete Eyes-Guard and other shady applications. HitmanPro will remove all the undesired software such as adware and browser hijackers for free.
- First, visit the page linked below, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Hitman Pro.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After the download is complete, start the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, press Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, click the “Next” for scanning your PC for the Eyes-Guard adware. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your PC and the speed of your personal computer. While the HitmanPro is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malware.
- Once HitmanPro has completed scanning, Hitman Pro will show a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been found. Once you have selected what you want to remove from your computer click “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to get rid of all malicious software found.
How to remove Eyes-Guard with MalwareBytes
If you’re having issues with Eyes-Guard removal, then check out MalwareBytes AntiMalware. This is a tool that can help clean up your PC system and improve your speeds for free. Find out more below.
- Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of MalwareBytes for Microsoft Windows. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the downloading process is complete, please close all apps and open windows on your device. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBSetup.
- This will launch the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware onto your personal computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes will run and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the Eyes-Guard adware. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your device and the speed of your PC system. While the utility is checking, you can see number of objects and files has already scanned.
- When the scan get finished, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will display a scan report.
- Review the report and then click the “Quarantine” button. After the cleaning procedure is done, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
- Close the AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to stay safe online
If you want to remove intrusive ads, internet browser redirects and pop-ups, then install an ad-blocking program such as AdGuard. It can block unwanted ads and pop ups, stop webpages from tracking your online activities when using the MS Edge, IE, Chrome and Firefox. So, if you like surf the World Wide Web, but you don’t like unwanted advertisements and want to protect your computer from malicious websites, then the AdGuard is your best choice.
- Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of AdGuard for Windows. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the setup is finished, press “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted ads, block malicious and misleading webpages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted popup advertisements and annoying harmful web sites) and Zemana (to periodically scan your computer for new adwares and other malware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to delete unwanted ads from the Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Edge, then ask for help here.