What is Webpushtech.com?
Webpushtech.com popups are a scam which uses social engineering methods to deceive users into subscribing to push notifications from web-sites run by scammers. Scammers use push notifications to bypass protection against pop ups in the web-browser and therefore display a large count of unwanted adverts. These ads are used to promote suspicious internet browser extensions, giveaway scams, adware bundles, and adult web-sites.
Webpushtech.com shows fake messages states that clicking ‘Allow’ will let you access the content of the web-page, enable Flash Player, download a file, connect to the Internet, watch a video, and so on. Once enabled, the Webpushtech.com notifications will start popping up in the lower right corner of the screen occasionally and spam you with intrusive adverts.
|Name||Webpushtech.com pop-up, “Webpush tech virus”|
|Type||browser notification spam, spam push notifications, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||shady pop-up ads, adware software, social engineering attack, PUPs|
|Removal||Webpushtech.com removal guide|
Where the Webpushtech.com pop ups comes from
These Webpushtech.com pop-ups are caused by suspicious advertisements on the web pages you visit or adware software. Adware is a form of malicious software that can change computer settings, redirect web browsers to scam websites, display unwanted popup ads from various third-party ad networks and these annoying advertisements is difficult to close.
Remove Webpushtech.com notifications from internet browsers
if you became a victim of fraudsters and clicked on the “Allow” button, then your web-browser was configured to display annoying ads. To remove the advertisements, you need to get rid of the notification permission that you gave the Webpushtech.com web site to send push notifications.
- In the right upper corner, click on Chrome’s main menu button, represented by three vertical dots.
- In the menu go to ‘Settings’, scroll down to ‘Advanced’ settings.
- At the ‘Privacy and Security’ section click ‘Site settings’.
- Go to Notifications settings.
- Click ‘three dots’ button on the right hand side of Webpushtech.com site or other suspicious URL and click ‘Remove’.
- Tap ‘Settings’.
- Tap ‘Notifications’.
- Find and tap the web browser which shows Webpushtech.com browser notifications ads.
- Find Webpushtech.com site in the list and disable it.
- Click the Menu button (three bars) on the top right corner of the browser.
- In the drop-down menu select ‘Options’. In the left side select ‘Privacy & Security’.
- Scroll down to ‘Permissions’ and then to ‘Settings’ next to ‘Notifications’.
- In the opened window, locate Webpushtech.com URL, other rogue notifications, click the drop-down menu and select ‘Block’.
- Save changes.
- In the top right hand corner, click on the three dots to expand the Edge menu.
- Click ‘Settings’. Click ‘Advanced’ on the left side of the window.
- Click ‘Manage permissions’ button below ‘Website permissions’.
- Click the switch below the Webpushtech.com URL so that it turns off.
- Click the Gear button on the top-right corner of the browser.
- Go to ‘Internet Options’ in the menu.
- Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab and select ‘Settings’ in the pop-up blockers section.
- Select the Webpushtech.com domain and other suspicious URLs below and delete them one by one by clicking the ‘Remove’ button.
- Click ‘Safari’ button on the top left hand corner of the screen and select ‘Preferences’.
- Open ‘Websites’ tab, then in the left menu click on ‘Notifications’.
- Locate the Webpushtech.com and select it, click the ‘Deny’ button.
How to remove Webpushtech.com advertisements (removal guidance)
To remove Webpushtech.com popup ads from your computer, you must uninstall all suspicious programs and every file that could be related to the adware. Besides, to restore your web browser startpage, newtab page and search engine, you should reset the hijacked web-browsers. As soon as you’re finished with Webpushtech.com advertisements removal procedure, we recommend you scan your PC system with malware removal tools listed below. It will complete the removal procedure on your computer.
To remove Webpushtech.com pop ups, execute the steps below:
- Remove Webpushtech.com notifications from internet browsers
- Manual Webpushtech.com popup advertisements removal
- Automatic Removal of Webpushtech.com popup ads
- Stop Webpushtech.com popup ads
Manual Webpushtech.com popup advertisements removal
In most cases, it is possible to manually remove Webpushtech.com ads. This way does not involve the use of any tricks or removal tools. You just need to recover the normal settings of the PC and web-browser. This can be done by following a few simple steps below. If you want to quickly remove Webpushtech.com pop-up ads, as well as perform a full scan of your computer, we recommend that you run adware removal utilities, which are listed below.
Uninstall adware through the Windows Control Panel
Check out the MS Windows Control Panel (Programs and Features section) to see all installed software. We recommend to click on the “Date Installed” in order to sort the list of apps by the date you installed them. If you see any unknown and dubious programs, they are the ones you need to uninstall.
Make sure you have closed all internet browsers and other software. Next, delete any undesired and suspicious apps from your Control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Now, click the Windows button, type “Control panel” in search and press Enter. Choose “Programs and Features”, then “Uninstall a program”.
Look around the entire list of programs installed on your device. Most likely, one of them is the adware software that causes multiple unwanted pop ups. Choose the questionable program or the program that name is not familiar to you and delete it.
Windows Vista, 7
From the “Start” menu in Windows, choose “Control Panel”. Under the “Programs” icon, select “Uninstall a program”.
Choose the suspicious or any unknown programs, then click “Uninstall/Change” button to remove this unwanted program from your device.
Click the “Start” button, select “Control Panel” option. Click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
Choose an unwanted program, then click “Change/Remove” button. Follow the prompts.
Remove Webpushtech.com popup advertisements from Google Chrome
Another method to remove Webpushtech.com ads from Google Chrome is Reset Google Chrome settings. This will disable harmful extensions and reset Chrome settings to default state. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
- First run the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is done, your web-browser’s homepage, default search provider and new tab page will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Webpushtech.com from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web browser settings
If the Mozilla Firefox internet browser application is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Mozilla Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Mozilla Firefox settings such as search provider, home page and new tab to their original settings. Keep in mind that resetting your internet browser will not remove your history, bookmarks, passwords, and other saved data.
Press the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as shown on the image below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, press “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed in the figure below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to return your Firefox web browser settings to their default values.
Get rid of Webpushtech.com popups from Internet Explorer
The Internet Explorer reset is great if your web browser is hijacked or you have unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your browser, that installed by an malware.
First, launch the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as displayed below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your personal computer for the changes to take effect. It will remove adware that causes the unwanted Webpushtech.com popup advertisements, disable malicious and ad-supported internet browser’s extensions and restore the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings like new tab, search provider by default and start page to default state.
Automatic Removal of Webpushtech.com popup ads
Best Webpushtech.com pop-ups removal tool should scan for and get rid of adware software, malicious software, potentially unwanted apps, toolbars, keyloggers, browser hijackers, worms, Trojans, and ads generators. The key is locating one with a good reputation and these features. Most quality programs listed below offer a free scan and malware removal so you can scan for and uninstall undesired apps without having to pay.
Remove Webpushtech.com advertisements with Zemana
Zemana Anti-Malware is a malicious software removal tool. Currently, there are two versions of the application, one of them is free and second is paid (premium). The principle difference between the free and paid version of the utility is real-time protection module. If you just need to check your PC system for malicious software and get rid of adware software related to the Webpushtech.com pop-ups, then the free version will be enough for you.
- Installing the Zemana Anti-Malware is simple. First you will need to download Zemana AntiMalware on your MS Windows Desktop from the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once downloading is finished, close all apps and windows on your device. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is finished, click the “Scan” button for scanning your personal computer for the adware that causes multiple unwanted pop-ups. During the scan Zemana will detect threats exist on your personal computer.
- Once that process is done, Zemana Anti-Malware will show a screen that contains a list of malicious software that has been detected. When you are ready, click “Next”. After finished, you can be prompted to restart your device.
Remove Webpushtech.com pop up advertisements and malicious extensions with HitmanPro
HitmanPro is a free application which developed to remove malicious software, potentially unwanted programs, hijackers and adware software from your personal computer running MS Windows 10, 8, 7, XP (32-bit and 64-bit). It’ll allow to scan for and get rid of adware software that causes Webpushtech.com ads in your web-browser, including its files, folders and registry keys.
Please go to the following link to download the latest version of HitmanPro for Windows. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
After downloading is complete, open the file location and double-click the HitmanPro icon. It will launch the HitmanPro utility. If the User Account Control prompt will ask you want to launch the program, click Yes button to continue.
Next, click “Next” to perform a system scan for the adware that causes pop-ups. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
After HitmanPro has completed scanning, HitmanPro will produce a list of unwanted applications and adware as displayed in the figure below.
Review the report and then click “Next” button. It will show a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button. The HitmanPro will remove adware software responsible for Webpushtech.com advertisements. When disinfection is done, the tool may ask you to reboot your device.
Run MalwareBytes AntiMalware to get rid of Webpushtech.com pop-ups
We recommend using the MalwareBytes AntiMalware which are completely clean your computer of the adware. The free utility is an advanced malicious software removal program developed by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This application uses the world’s most popular antimalware technology. It’s able to help you remove unwanted Webpushtech.com ads from your web-browsers, potentially unwanted applications, malicious software, browser hijackers, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your device for free.
Installing the MalwareBytes AntiMalware is simple. First you will need to download MalwareBytes AntiMalware by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
When the downloading process is finished, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the MalwareBytes AntiMalware will try to update itself and when this procedure is finished, click the “Scan” button . MalwareBytes application will scan through the whole personal computer for the adware that causes Webpushtech.com advertisements in your browser. Depending on your device, the scan may take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a malware, adware or potentially unwanted software are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is complete. Review the report and then press “Quarantine” button.
The MalwareBytes is a free program that you can use to remove all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malware removal utility, we recommend you to read and follow the steps or the video guide below.
Stop Webpushtech.com popup ads
In order to increase your security and protect your personal computer against new intrusive ads and harmful web-sites, you need to use ad blocking program that stops an access to malicious ads and web pages. Moreover, the program can block the display of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of webpages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard from the link below. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
When the downloading process is complete, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as displayed in the figure below.
Follow the prompts. When the installation is finished, you will see a window as displayed on the screen below.
You can press “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, block Webpushtech.com, as well as other malicious or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
Once you have removed the adware using the steps, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge and Firefox will no longer open annoying Webpushtech.com web page when you browse the World Wide Web. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new adware software, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the intrusive Webpushtech.com popup ads.