What is Notificationstech.com?
Notificationstech.com pop-ups are a scam which misleads unsuspecting users into allowing push notifications from malicious (ad) push servers. Scammers use push notifications to bypass pop-up blocker and therefore show tons of unwanted ads. These advertisements are used to promote dubious web-browser extensions, fake prizes scams, fake software, and adult web-pages.
The Notificationstech.com website delivers a message stating that you should click ‘Allow’ button in order to access the content of the website, watch a video, download a file, enable Flash Player, connect to the Internet, and so on. Once you click on the ‘Allow’ button, then your web-browser will be configured to display unwanted adverts on your desktop, even when the web-browser is closed.
|Type||browser notification spam, spam push notifications, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||adware, social engineering attack, potentially unwanted programs, suspicious popup advertisements|
|Removal||Notificationstech.com removal guide|
Where the Notificationstech.com popups comes from
Some research has shown that users can be redirected to Notificationstech.com from dubious ads or by PUPs and adware. Adware is a type of malware which shows unwanted ads to the user of a computer. The advertisements produced by adware are sometimes in the form of a advertising link, pop up or sometimes in an unclosable window.
Remove Notificationstech.com notifications from web-browsers
If you are in situation where you don’t want to see push notifications from the Notificationstech.com web-site. In this case, you can turn off web notifications for your internet browser in Microsoft Windows/Mac/Android. Find your web browser in the list below, follow steps to remove web-browser permissions to show notifications.
- In the top right corner of the browser window, click on Google Chrome’s main menu button, represented by three vertical dots.
- When the drop-down menu appears, click on ‘Settings’. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on ‘Advanced’.
- When the drop-down menu appears, tap ‘Settings’. Scroll down to ‘Advanced’.
- Go to Notifications settings.
- Click ‘three dots’ button on the right hand side of Notificationstech.com URL or other dubious site and click ‘Remove’.
- Tap ‘Settings’.
- Tap ‘Notifications’.
- Find and tap the web browser that shows Notificationstech.com browser notifications advertisements.
- Locate Notificationstech.com URL, other suspicious URLs and set the toggle button to ‘OFF’ on them one-by-one.
- In the right upper corner of the Firefox, click the Menu button, represented by three bars.
- In the drop-down menu select ‘Options’. In the left side select ‘Privacy & Security’.
- Scroll down to ‘Permissions’ section and click ‘Settings…’ button next to ‘Notifications’.
- Select the Notificationstech.com domain from the list and change the status to ‘Block’.
- Click ‘Save Changes’ button.
- In the top right corner, click on the three dots to expand the Edge menu.
- Scroll down, find and click ‘Settings’. In the left side select ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Website permissions’ section click ‘Manage permissions’.
- Click the switch under the Notificationstech.com site so that it turns off.
- In the top-right corner of the browser, click on the gear icon (menu button).
- In the drop-down menu select ‘Internet Options’.
- Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab and select ‘Settings’ in the pop-up blockers section.
- Find the Notificationstech.com and click the ‘Remove’ button to remove the domain.
- Click ‘Safari’ button on the top-left corner and select ‘Preferences’.
- Select the ‘Websites’ tab and then select ‘Notifications’ section on the left panel.
- Find the Notificationstech.com domain and select it, click the ‘Deny’ button.
How to remove Notificationstech.com pop ups (removal steps)
We can assist you delete Notificationstech.com from your internet browsers, without the need to take your device to a professional. Simply follow the removal guidance below if you currently have the annoying adware on your PC system and want to remove it. If you’ve any difficulty while trying to remove the adware which causes pop-ups, feel free to ask for our assist in the comment section below. Read it once, after doing so, please bookmark this page (or open it on your smartphone) as you may need to exit your internet browser or reboot your computer.
To remove Notificationstech.com pop ups, complete the steps below:
- Remove Notificationstech.com notifications from web-browsers
- How to remove Notificationstech.com pop up ads without any software
- Automatic Removal of Notificationstech.com advertisements
- Stop Notificationstech.com popups
How to remove Notificationstech.com pop up ads without any software
In most cases, it is possible to manually remove Notificationstech.com advertisements. This solution does not involve the use of any tricks or removal utilities. You just need to recover the normal settings of the PC system and browser. This can be done by following a few simple steps below. If you want to quickly get rid of Notificationstech.com ads, as well as perform a full scan of your PC, we recommend that you run adware software removal utilities, which are listed below.
Delete adware software through the Windows Control Panel
One of the first things to attempt for removal of adware is to check your computer installed applications screen and look for unwanted and suspicious software. If there are any software you do not recognize or are no longer using, you should uninstall them. If that doesn’t work, then you may need to run adware removal utility such as Zemana.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Windows logo, and then press Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as displayed on the image below.
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, press the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right as displayed below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (MS Windows 7 or Vista) as displayed below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed programs and remove all questionable and unknown applications. We suggest to press ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed software by date. When you’ve found anything questionable that may be the adware software that causes Notificationstech.com pop-ups or other PUP (potentially unwanted program), then choose this application and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the dubious program blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully delete it from your computer.
Delete Notificationstech.com popup ads from Internet Explorer
In order to restore all web browser startpage, newtab page and search engine you need to reset the IE to the state, that was when the Windows was installed on your device.
First, run the Microsoft Internet Explorer, press ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as displayed in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The IE will display the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button.
You will now need to restart your personal computer for the changes to take effect. It will get rid of adware which causes the intrusive Notificationstech.com pop-up advertisements, disable malicious and ad-supported browser’s extensions and restore the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings like newtab, startpage and search engine by default to default state.
Remove Notificationstech.com popups from Google Chrome
Resetting Google Chrome to original state is helpful in removing the Notificationstech.com popups from your browser. This method is always effective to complete if you have difficulty in removing changes caused by adware software.
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal dotes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
Carefully browse through the list of installed plugins. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy otherwise, just go to the step below.
Open the Google Chrome main menu again, press to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, like the one below and press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Reset” button.
Remove Notificationstech.com pop-ups from Mozilla Firefox
If your Firefox internet browser is redirected to Notificationstech.com without your permission or an unknown search engine opens results for your search, then it may be time to perform the web browser reset. However, your saved bookmarks and passwords will not be lost. This will not affect your history, passwords, bookmarks, and other saved data.
First, run the Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, press the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the screen below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Automatic Removal of Notificationstech.com advertisements
Best Notificationstech.com advertisements removal utility should look for and get rid of adware software, malicious software, PUPs, toolbars, keyloggers, browser hijackers, worms, Trojans, and pop-up generators. The key is locating one with a good reputation and these features. Most quality applications listed below offer a free scan and malware removal so you can search for and uninstall unwanted programs without having to pay.
Remove Notificationstech.com ads with Zemana Anti-Malware
Zemana is a program which is used for malware, adware, hijackers and PUPs removal. The program is one of the most efficient anti malware tools. It helps in malware removal and and defends all other types of security threats. One of the biggest advantages of using Zemana is that is easy to use and is free. Also, it constantly keeps updating its virus/malware signatures DB. Let’s see how to install and scan your device with Zemana Anti-Malware in order to remove Notificationstech.com popups from your PC system.
- First, visit the following page, then press the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Zemana Anti-Malware.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once you have downloaded the setup file, make sure to double click on the Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. This would start the Zemana AntiMalware installation on your PC system.
- Select installation language and click ‘OK’ button.
- On the next screen ‘Setup Wizard’ simply click the ‘Next’ button and follow the prompts.
- Finally, once the install is finished, Zemana AntiMalware will start automatically. Else, if doesn’t then double-click on the Zemana Anti-Malware icon on your desktop.
- Now that you have successfully install Zemana AntiMalware, let’s see How to use Zemana AntiMalware to remove Notificationstech.com pop-ups from your computer.
- After you have opened the Zemana Anti-Malware, you will see a window like below, just press ‘Scan’ button to perform a system scan for the adware.
- Now pay attention to the screen while Zemana scans your computer.
- When Zemana Anti-Malware is complete scanning your PC system, Zemana AntiMalware will open you the results. Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and click ‘Next’ button.
- Zemana may require a restart personal computer in order to complete the Notificationstech.com pop ups removal process.
- If you want to completely delete adware from your computer, then click ‘Quarantine’ icon, select all malware, adware, potentially unwanted applications and other threats and click Delete.
- Reboot your personal computer to complete the adware removal procedure.
Get rid of Notificationstech.com popups and malicious extensions with Hitman Pro
HitmanPro is a free utility that can look for adware related to the Notificationstech.com advertisements. It’s not always easy to locate all the junk apps that your PC might have picked up on the Internet. HitmanPro will scan for the adware software, browser hijackers and other malware you need to delete.
Download HitmanPro by clicking on the link below. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
When downloading is complete, open the file location and double-click the HitmanPro icon. It will start the Hitman Pro tool. If the User Account Control dialog box will ask you want to launch the program, press Yes button to continue.
Next, click “Next” to detect adware which causes the intrusive Notificationstech.com ads. During the scan Hitman Pro will detect threats exist on your computer.
After Hitman Pro has completed scanning, the results are displayed in the scan report like the one below.
Review the report and then click “Next” button. It will open a prompt, click the “Activate free license” button. The HitmanPro will remove adware software related to the Notificationstech.com popups. When that process is complete, the tool may ask you to reboot your PC system.
Remove Notificationstech.com ads with MalwareBytes
We recommend using the MalwareBytes that are completely clean your PC of the adware software. The free utility is an advanced malicious software removal program developed by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This application uses the world’s most popular antimalware technology. It is able to help you delete intrusive Notificationstech.com pop-up ads from your web-browsers, PUPs, malicious software, browser hijackers, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your PC system for free.
Installing the MalwareBytes AntiMalware is simple. First you will need to download MalwareBytes AntiMalware from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
After the downloading process is complete, close all windows on your personal computer. Further, open the file called MBSetup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up similar to the one below, press the “Yes” button.
It will show the Setup wizard that will allow you set up MalwareBytes Anti-Malware on the PC system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
Once install is done successfully, click “Get Started” button. Then MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will automatically run and you can see its main window as displayed in the figure below.
Next, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware which causes pop-ups. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your computer and the speed of your PC system.
When MalwareBytes is finished scanning your PC, MalwareBytes AntiMalware will open a scan report. When you’re ready, click “Quarantine” button.
The MalwareBytes will get rid of adware that causes Notificationstech.com ads in your internet browser. After finished, you can be prompted to reboot your PC system. We suggest you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to remove browser hijackers, adware and other malware.
Stop Notificationstech.com popups
By installing an ad-blocker program like AdGuard, you are able to stop Notificationstech.com, autoplaying video ads and remove a lot of distracting and annoying ads on web-sites.
AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
When the downloading process is complete, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen like the one below.
Follow the prompts. When the setup is complete, you will see a window as displayed on the screen below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your PC system, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Notificationstech.com, as well as other malicious or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that can be found on your desktop.
We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted ads and intrusive harmful web pages) and Zemana (to periodically scan your PC system for new adware and other malware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to get rid of Notificationstech.com advertisements from MS Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome, then ask for help here.