What is Cepundal.com?
There are many scam websites on the Internet and Cepundal.com is one of them. It is a deceptive website which uses the browser notification feature to trick users into allowing push notifications from websites run by scammers. Scammers use push notifications to bypass pop up blocker and therefore show lots of unwanted advertisements. These ads are used to promote suspicious web browser extensions, free gifts scams, fake downloads, and adult web-pages.
The Cepundal.com site asks you to press on the ‘Allow’ in order to access the content of the web-site, connect to the Internet, download a file, enable Flash Player, watch a video, and so on. If you click on the ‘Allow’ button, this website starts sending browser notifications on your screen. You will see the pop up adverts even when your browser is closed.
|Name||Cepundal.com pop up|
|Type||spam push notifications, browser notification spam, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||dubious popup advertisements, PUPs, adware, social engineering attack|
|Removal||Cepundal.com removal guide|
How does your PC get infected with Cepundal.com popups
IT security specialists have determined that users are re-directed to Cepundal.com by adware or from shady advertisements. Adware is software related to unwanted adverts. Some adware will bring up adverts when you is browsing the Net, while other will build up a profile of your surfing habits in order to target adverts. In general, adware software have to be installed on your computer, so it’ll tend to be bundled with other programs in much the same way as PUPs.
Usually, adware gets into personal computers as part of a bundle with free software, sharing files and other unsafe applications that you downloaded from the Web. The creators of adware pays software developers for distributing adware software within their programs. So, bundled programs is often included as part of the setup package. In order to avoid the setup of any adware: choose only Manual, Custom or Advanced installation type and reject all third-party software in which you are unsure.
Remove Cepundal.com notifications from browsers
if you became a victim of scammers and clicked on the “Allow” button, then your internet browser was configured to show annoying ads. To remove the advertisements, you need to get rid of the notification permission that you gave the Cepundal.com web-site to send browser notifications.
- Just copy and paste the following text into the address bar of Chrome.
- Press Enter.
- Remove the Cepundal.com URL and other suspicious URLs by clicking three vertical dots button next to each and selecting ‘Remove’.
- Tap ‘Settings’.
- Tap ‘Notifications’.
- Find and tap the web browser which shows Cepundal.com push notifications ads.
- Locate Cepundal.com site in the list and disable it.
- In the top right corner of the screen, click on the three horizontal stripes to expand the Main menu.
- In the menu go to ‘Options’, in the menu on the left go to ‘Privacy & Security’.
- Scroll down to ‘Permissions’ section and click ‘Settings…’ button next to ‘Notifications’.
- In the opened window, locate Cepundal.com site, other rogue notifications, click the drop-down menu and select ‘Block’.
- Save changes.
- In the top right corner, click the Edge menu button (three dots).
- Click ‘Settings’. Click ‘Advanced’ on the left side of the window.
- Click ‘Manage permissions’ button, located beneath ‘Website permissions’.
- Click the switch below the Cepundal.com URL so that it turns off.
- Click the Gear button on the top-right corner of the browser.
- When the drop-down menu appears, click on ‘Internet Options’.
- Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab and select ‘Settings’ in the pop-up blockers section.
- Select the Cepundal.com and other questionable sites under and remove them one by one by clicking the ‘Remove’ button.
- Go to ‘Preferences’ in the Safari menu.
- Select the ‘Websites’ tab and then select ‘Notifications’ section on the left panel.
- Check for Cepundal.com URL, other dubious URLs and apply the ‘Deny’ option for each.
How to remove Cepundal.com pop up ads (removal instructions)
Not all undesired applications such as adware that causes Cepundal.com pop up advertisements in your web-browser are easily uninstallable. You might see popups, deals, text links, in-text advertisements, banners and other type of advertisements in the Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Edge and might not be able to figure out the application responsible for this activity. The reason for this is that many unwanted applications neither appear in MS Windows Control Panel. Therefore in order to fully delete Cepundal.com ads, you need to perform the following steps. Certain of the steps will require you to restart your device or close this web-page. So, read this guide carefully, then bookmark this page or open it on your smartphone for later reference.
To remove Cepundal.com pop ups, execute the following steps:
- Remove Cepundal.com notifications from browsers
- How to manually get rid of Cepundal.com
- Automatic Removal of Cepundal.com popup ads
- Stop Cepundal.com pop-ups
How to manually get rid of Cepundal.com
Looking for a method to get rid of Cepundal.com pop ups manually without downloading any utilities? Then this section of the blog post is just for you. Below are some simple steps you can take. Performing these steps requires basic knowledge of browser and MS Windows setup. If you doubt that you can follow them, it is better to use free tools listed below that can help you get rid of Cepundal.com popup ads.
Uninstall PUPs through the Windows Control Panel
We suggest that you begin the device cleaning process by checking the list of installed programs and uninstall all unknown or dubious applications. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the harmful programs such as adware software and hijackers may be bundled with free applications. Delete the unwanted apps can get rid of the unwanted advertisements or internet browser redirect.
Press Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then press “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will show the Windows Control Panel such as the one below.
Further, press “Uninstall a program”
It will show a list of all programs installed on your PC. Scroll through the all list, and remove any questionable and unknown apps.
Remove Cepundal.com advertisements from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings can help you solve some problems caused by adware and remove Cepundal.com pop ups from web browser. This will also disable harmful addons as well as clear cookies and site data. It will save your personal information such as saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
Open the Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal dotes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions.
Carefully browse through the list of installed plugins. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy otherwise, just go to the step below.
Open the Chrome main menu again, click to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, similar to the one below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
Confirm your action, press the “Reset” button.
Delete Cepundal.com pop-ups from Mozilla Firefox
If the Firefox web-browser program is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Mozilla Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Mozilla Firefox settings such as home page, search engine by default and new tab to their default state. Your saved bookmarks, form auto-fill information and passwords won’t be cleared or changed.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as on the image below.
A small menu will appear, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the screen below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to restore your Mozilla Firefox internet browser settings to their default state.
Remove Cepundal.com popups from IE
In order to recover all browser homepage, default search provider and newtab you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the MS Windows was installed on your personal computer.
First, run the Internet Explorer. Next, press the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as displayed below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as displayed on the screen below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your PC system for the changes to take effect.
Automatic Removal of Cepundal.com popup ads
AntiMalware software differ from each other by many features like performance, scheduled scans, automatic updates, virus signature database, technical support, compatibility with other antivirus applications and so on. We recommend you use the following free applications: Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM), MalwareBytes and HitmanPro. Each of these programs has all of needed features, but most importantly, they can be used to identify the adware and remove Cepundal.com popup advertisements from the MS Edge, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and IE.
Delete Cepundal.com ads with Zemana Anti-Malware
Zemana is a lightweight utility which developed to use alongside your antivirus software, detecting and deleting malware, adware software and PUPs that other programs miss. Zemana Anti-Malware is easy to use, fast, does not use many resources and have great detection and removal rates.
Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
Once downloading is done, close all apps and windows on your computer. Double-click the setup file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as displayed in the following example, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” which will help you install Zemana Free on your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is done successfully, Zemana AntiMalware will automatically start and you can see its main screen as displayed in the following example.
Now click the “Scan” button . Zemana Anti Malware program will scan through the whole computer for the adware related to the Cepundal.com pop-up ads. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your device. While the Zemana Anti Malware utility is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified as being affected by malicious software.
Once the checking is complete, a list of all threats found is prepared. Make sure to check mark the threats which are unsafe and then click “Next” button. The Zemana Free will get rid of adware which causes the annoying Cepundal.com ads. When finished, you may be prompted to reboot the personal computer.
Use Hitman Pro to remove Cepundal.com pop up advertisements
Hitman Pro is a completely free (30 day trial) tool. You do not need expensive solutions to get rid of adware software responsible for Cepundal.com pop up advertisements and other malicious apps. Hitman Pro will uninstall all the undesired applications such as adware and browser hijackers for free.
Please go to the link below to download HitmanPro. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
When the download is complete, open the folder in which you saved it. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the Hitman Pro desktop icon. When the tool is started, you will see a screen such as the one below.
Further, press “Next” button to begin scanning your PC for the adware software which causes the annoying Cepundal.com pop up advertisements. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. When HitmanPro is done scanning your computer, it will display the Scan Results as shown below.
You may remove threats (move to Quarantine) by simply click “Next” button. It will display a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button.
Remove Cepundal.com pop up ads with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM)
We suggest using the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware that are completely clean your computer of the adware. The free utility is an advanced malicious software removal program designed by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular anti-malware technology. It is able to help you get rid of intrusive Cepundal.com ads from your internet browsers, potentially unwanted software, malware, hijackers, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your PC system for free.
- MalwareBytes can be downloaded from the following link. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After downloading is done, please close all software and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s called MBSetup.
- This will start the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes onto your personal computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) will run and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button for checking your PC system for the adware that causes Cepundal.com pop-up ads in your web-browser. This process may take quite a while, so please be patient. While the tool is checking, you can see number of objects and files has already scanned.
- As the scanning ends, MalwareBytes Free will open a list of detected items.
- All found items will be marked. You can delete them all by simply click the “Quarantine” button. After the process is complete, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Stop Cepundal.com pop-ups
One of the worst things is the fact that you cannot stop all those annoying websites like Cepundal.com using only built-in MS Windows capabilities. However, there is a program out that you can use to block intrusive web-browser redirects, advertisements and popups in any modern web-browsers including Firefox, Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and MS Edge. It is called Adguard and it works very well.
- Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you will need to download AdGuard from the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is complete, click “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Cepundal.com, as well as other harmful or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which can be found on your desktop.
To sum up
Once you have removed the adware using this guidance, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Google Chrome will no longer redirect you to various intrusive web pages such as Cepundal.com. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step instructions does not help you, then you have caught a new adware software, and then the best way – ask for help here.