What is Pureweb
Pureweb is supposed to be a program(browser extension) that will improve the browsing experience, but according to security specialists, it acts as adware. Adware is a form of software that can cause many troubles such as unwanted ads and pop ups on the internet browser, redirect search requests to scam sites, browser crashes and slow loading web pages. Adware software can replace the advertisements of other companies with its own. Most commonly, adware will track users’ browsing habits and report this info to its creators.
Another reason why you need to remove Pureweb is its online data-tracking activity. It can collect privacy data, including:
- IP addresses;
- URLs visited;
- search queries/terms;
- clicks on links and advertisements;
- browser version information.
How does Pureweb get on your PC system
|Type||adware, PUP (potentially unwanted program), pop-up ads, pop-up virus, pop-ups|
|Removal||Pureweb removal guide|
How to remove Pureweb from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
In order to delete Pureweb adware, start by closing any programs and pop ups that are open. If a pop-up won’t close, then close your web browser (Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer). If a program won’t close then please reboot your device. Next, follow the steps below.
To remove Pureweb, complete the following steps:
- How to get rid of Pureweb adware without any software
- Automatic Removal of Pureweb adware software
- How to stay safe online
How to get rid of Pureweb adware without any software
The step-by-step guide designed by our team will help you manually remove Pureweb from your browser. If you are not good at computers, we suggest that you use the free utilities listed below.
Delete unwanted or recently installed software
First, you should try to identify and remove the application that causes the appearance of unwanted ads or web browser redirect, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next press Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and press “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, press “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will open a list of all apps installed on the computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete questionable and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video tutorial below.
Remove Pureweb adware from Google Chrome
Resetting Google Chrome to original state is effective in uninstalling the Pureweb adware from your web-browser. This way is always effective to follow if you have trouble in removing changes caused by adware.
- First start the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is finished, your internet browser’s startpage, default search engine and newtab will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove Pureweb adware software from Internet Explorer
If you find that Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser settings such as default search engine, homepage and new tab had been replaced by Pureweb adware, then you may return your settings, via the reset browser procedure.
First, run the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will show the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then click the “Internet Options” such as the one below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The IE will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button as displayed on the screen below.
When the task is done, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and reboot your personal computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web browser’s new tab, search provider by default and startpage to default state.
Remove Pureweb from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
If Mozilla Firefox settings are hijacked by the adware, your internet browser shows annoying popup ads, then ‘Reset Firefox’ could solve these problems. It’ll keep your personal information like browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
Start the Mozilla Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the web browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will open the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown in the figure below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation prompt. The Firefox will begin a process to fix your problems that caused by the Pureweb adware. After, it is complete, click the “Finish” button.
Automatic Removal of Pureweb adware software
If you are not expert at computer technology, then all your attempts to remove Pureweb adware software by following the manual steps above might result in failure. To find and remove all of the adware related files and registry entries that keep this adware on your PC system, use free anti-malware software like Zemana AntiMalware, MalwareBytes and HitmanPro from our list below.
Remove Pureweb with Zemana Free
Zemana Free is a malware removal tool designed for Microsoft Windows. This utility will help you remove Pureweb adware, various types of malicious software (including hijackers and PUPs) from your computer. It has simple and user friendly interface. While the Zemana does its job, your device will run smoothly.
Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of Zemana Anti-Malware for Windows. Save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
After downloading is done, close all applications and windows on your device. Double-click the set up file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as shown in the following example, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” that will help you install Zemana on your personal computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is finished successfully, Zemana Free will automatically start and you can see its main screen as displayed in the figure below.
Now click the “Scan” button to scan for Pureweb adware. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient. When a threat is detected, the count of the security threats will change accordingly.
When the scan get finished, you can check all items detected on your device. In order to delete all threats, simply click “Next” button. The Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will delete Pureweb adware and move the selected items to the Quarantine. When the cleaning procedure is done, you may be prompted to reboot the personal computer.
Remove Pureweb from web browsers with Hitman Pro
If Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) cannot remove this adware, then we advises to run the HitmanPro. Hitman Pro is a free removal utility for hijackers, PUPs, toolbars and Pureweb adware. It’s specially created to work as a second scanner for your computer.
- Download Hitman Pro by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once the download is complete, start the Hitman Pro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, click the “Next” for checking your personal computer for the Pureweb adware. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient. When a threat is found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- After the scan is complete, it will display the Scan Results. Review the results once the utility has complete the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply press “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Use MalwareBytes Free to get rid of Pureweb adware
Trying to delete Pureweb adware can become a battle of wills between the adware software infection and you. MalwareBytes can be a powerful ally, uninstalling most of today’s adware, malware and PUPs with ease. Here’s how to use MalwareBytes will help you win.
Visit the following page to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) for Microsoft Windows. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
When the downloading process is done, close all applications and windows on your personal computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s called MBSetup as shown below.
When the installation starts, you’ll see the Setup wizard that will help you install Malwarebytes on your device.
Once setup is complete, you will see window as on the image below.
Now click the “Scan” button . MalwareBytes Anti-Malware program will scan through the whole device for the Pureweb adware. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the MalwareBytes program is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
Once the scanning is complete, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) will show you the results. In order to delete all threats, simply press “Quarantine” button.
The Malwarebytes will now remove Pureweb adware software. Once the clean up is complete, you may be prompted to reboot your personal computer.
The following video explains few simple steps on how to remove hijacker, adware software and other malware with MalwareBytes.
How to stay safe online
Run ad blocker application such as AdGuard in order to block ads, malvertisements, pop-ups and online trackers, avoid having to install harmful and adware browser plug-ins and add-ons which affect your PC performance and impact your PC system security. Browse the World Wide Web anonymously and stay safe online!
- Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you will need to download AdGuard by clicking on the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once downloading is done, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the install is finished, click “Skip” to close the install application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your PC, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted ads, block Pureweb, as well as other harmful or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that may be found on your desktop.
We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted pop up ads and annoying malicious web-pages) and Zemana (to periodically scan your PC system for new malicious software, browser hijackers and adware software). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for MS Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new browser hijackers, malicious applications and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Pureweb ads from your browser, then ask for help here.