What is Robo-checker.top?
Robo-checker.top pop-ups are a scam which uses social engineering methods to trick you into subscribing to push notifications. Although push notifications cannot harm you directly, scammers use them to display unwanted advertisements, promote adware bundles, and encourage you to visit malicious web pages.
Robo-checker.top is a misleading site that displays ‘Show notifications’ pop up states that clicking ‘Allow’ button will let you confirm that you are not a robot. Once you click ALLOW, your web-browser will be configured to show pop up adverts in the lower right corner of the desktop.
|Name||Robo-checker.top pop up|
|Type||spam push notifications, browser notification spam, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||social engineering attack, malicious popup ads, PUPs, adware|
|Removal||Robo-checker.top removal guide|
How does your computer get infected with Robo-checker.top popups
Some research has shown that users can be redirected to Robo-checker.top from misleading ads or by PUPs and adware. Adware is a form of malicious software. It have different methods of earning by displaying advertisements forcibly to its victims. Adware can generate pop-up windows, show annoying ads, modify the victim’s web browser settings, or redirect the victim’s internet browser to unknown web-sites. Aside from causing unwanted ads and web browser redirects, it also can slow down the computer.
Remove Robo-checker.top notifications from web-browsers
if you became a victim of scammers and clicked on the “Allow” button, then your web browser was configured to show unwanted advertisements. To remove the ads, you need to remove the notification permission that you gave the Robo-checker.top website to send push notifications.
- Just copy and paste the following text into the address bar of Google Chrome.
- Press Enter.
- Remove the Robo-checker.top URL and other questionable sites by clicking three vertical dots button next to each and selecting ‘Remove’.
- Open Google Chrome.
- In the top-right corner of the screen, tap on Chrome’s main menu button, represented by three vertical dots.
- In the menu tap ‘Settings’, scroll down to ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Site Settings’, tap on ‘Notifications’, locate the Robo-checker.top URL and tap on it.
- Tap the ‘Clean & Reset’ button and confirm.
- In the top right corner of the browser window, click on the three horizontal stripes to expand the Main menu.
- Go to ‘Options’, and Select ‘Privacy & Security’ on the left side of the window.
- Scroll down to ‘Permissions’ section and click ‘Settings…’ button next to ‘Notifications’.
- Find sites you down’t want to see notifications from (for example, Robo-checker.top), click on drop-down menu next to each and select ‘Block’.
- Click ‘Save Changes’ button.
- In the top right corner, click on the three dots to expand the Edge menu.
- Scroll down to ‘Settings’. In the menu on the left go to ‘Advanced’.
- Click ‘Manage permissions’ button below ‘Website permissions’.
- Disable the on switch for the Robo-checker.top site.
- Click the Gear button on the top-right corner of the browser.
- In the drop-down menu select ‘Internet Options’.
- Select the ‘Privacy’ tab and click ‘Settings under ‘Pop-up Blocker’ section.
- Find the Robo-checker.top site and click the ‘Remove’ button to remove the domain.
- Click ‘Safari’ button on the top left hand corner and select ‘Preferences’.
- Select the ‘Websites’ tab and then select ‘Notifications’ section on the left panel.
- Check for Robo-checker.top domain, other questionable URLs and apply the ‘Deny’ option for each.
How to remove Robo-checker.top pop ups (removal instructions)
Fortunately, we’ve an effective way which will assist you manually or/and automatically remove Robo-checker.top from your web browser and bring your web-browser settings, including homepage, search engine by default and newtab page, back to normal. Below you will find a removal steps with all the steps you may need to successfully get rid of adware software and its traces. Some of the steps below will require you to close this website. So, please read the step-by-step guidance carefully, after that bookmark it or open it on your smartphone for later reference.
To remove Robo-checker.top pop ups, perform the following steps:
- Remove Robo-checker.top notifications from web-browsers
- Manual Robo-checker.top popup ads removal
- Automatic Removal of Robo-checker.top pop-up ads
- Stop Robo-checker.top ads
Manual Robo-checker.top popup ads removal
In this section of the post, we have posted the steps that will help to remove Robo-checker.top popup ads manually. Although compared to removal utilities, this solution loses in time, but you don’t need to download anything on the personal computer. It will be enough for you to follow the detailed guidance with pictures. We tried to describe each step in detail, but if you realized that you might not be able to figure it out, or simply do not want to change the MS Windows and internet browser settings, then it’s better for you to use utilities from trusted developers, which are listed below.
Removing the Robo-checker.top, check the list of installed applications first
First of all, check the list of installed software on your computer and delete all unknown and recently installed programs. If you see an unknown program with incorrect spelling or varying capital letters, it have most likely been installed by malicious software and you should clean it off first with malicious software removal tool like Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM).
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Windows logo, and then press Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter like below.
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown on the image below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and select the ‘Control Panel’ at right as shown in the figure below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (MS Windows 7 or Vista) as on the image below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed apps and remove all dubious and unknown software. We suggest to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed apps by date. After you have found anything questionable that may be the adware that causes Robo-checker.top popup advertisements or other potentially unwanted application (PUA), then choose this program and press ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the questionable program blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully delete it from your PC system.
Remove Robo-checker.top popups from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple method to delete Robo-checker.top popups, malicious and ‘ad-supported’ add-ons, browser’s new tab, home page and search provider which have been changed by adware.
- First, launch the Google Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset settings dialog box as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Robo-checker.top from Firefox by resetting browser settings
This step will allow you remove Robo-checker.top pop-ups, third-party toolbars, disable harmful add-ons and return your default home page, newtab page and search provider settings.
First, open the Mozilla Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button similar to the one below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Get rid of Robo-checker.top advertisements from Internet Explorer
The Microsoft Internet Explorer reset is great if your web-browser is hijacked or you have unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your web browser, which installed by an malware.
First, run the IE, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The IE will display the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to restart your device for the changes to take effect. It will delete adware which causes the intrusive Robo-checker.top pop-up ads, disable malicious and ad-supported internet browser’s extensions and restore the IE’s settings such as search provider by default, start page and new tab page to default state.
Automatic Removal of Robo-checker.top pop-up ads
We have compiled some of the best adware removing utilities which can scan for and get rid of Robo-checker.top pop-ups , unwanted web-browser extensions and PUPs.
Remove Robo-checker.top advertisements with Zemana Free
Zemana is a program that is used for malicious software, adware, hijackers and potentially unwanted applications removal. The program is one of the most efficient antimalware tools. It helps in malicious software removal and and defends all other types of security threats. One of the biggest advantages of using Zemana Free is that is easy to use and is free. Also, it constantly keeps updating its virus/malware signatures DB. Let’s see how to install and scan your PC system with Zemana in order to remove Robo-checker.top pop up ads from your PC.
- First, click the following link, then press the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM).
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- When the download is complete, close all programs and windows on your PC system. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is finished, click the “Scan” button to start checking your PC system for the adware software that causes the unwanted Robo-checker.top advertisements. When a threat is detected, the count of the security threats will change accordingly.
- When Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) is complete scanning your personal computer, Zemana will show a scan report. Once you’ve selected what you want to delete from your PC press “Next”. When the process is finished, you can be prompted to reboot your device.
Delete Robo-checker.top ads from internet browsers with HitmanPro
Hitman Pro will help remove adware that causes Robo-checker.top pop ups in your internet browser that slow down your computer. The hijackers, adware and other PUPs slow your web browser down and try to mislead you into clicking on suspicious advertisements and links. HitmanPro removes the adware and lets you enjoy your PC without Robo-checker.top pop-ups.
Click the link below to download Hitman Pro. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Download and use HitmanPro on your PC. Once started, press “Next” button to perform a system scan for the adware software related to the Robo-checker.top popup ads. When a threat is found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. .
When the checking is complete, you can check all items detected on your computer.
Once you have selected what you wish to remove from your PC system press Next button.
It will open a prompt, click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
Run MalwareBytes to remove Robo-checker.top popup ads
Trying to remove Robo-checker.top advertisements can become a battle of wills between the adware software infection and you. MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) can be a powerful ally, deleting most of today’s adware, malicious software and potentially unwanted programs with ease. Here’s how to use MalwareBytes Free will help you win.
Installing the MalwareBytes is simple. First you will need to download MalwareBytes Free by clicking on the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once the downloading process is complete, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the MalwareBytes will try to update itself and when this process is done, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware responsible for Robo-checker.top pop up advertisements. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your computer and the speed of your computer. During the scan MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will scan for threats present on your PC system. Once you’ve selected what you wish to remove from your personal computer click “Quarantine” button.
The MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) is a free application that you can use to delete all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malware removal tool, we recommend you to read and follow the guidance or the video guide below.
Stop Robo-checker.top ads
By installing an ad-blocking program like AdGuard, you are able to block Robo-checker.top, autoplaying video ads and get rid of a ton of distracting and annoying ads on web sites.
- Visit the following page to download the latest version of AdGuard for Windows. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once downloading is done, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the setup is complete, click “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, block Robo-checker.top, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that may be found on your desktop.
To sum up
After completing the step-by-step instructions above, your personal computer should be clean from this adware and other malware. The Edge, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox will no longer show unwanted Robo-checker.top webpage when you browse the World Wide Web. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the unwanted Robo-checker.top advertisements.