What is Domain Quality
Domain Quality is a browser extension that acts as an Adware. Adware is form of software designed to inject advertising into your Internet browsing or even desktop experience. Domain Quality can display unwanted ads, change your start page, search engine, search results, or even add toolbars to your browser. It run in the background when you’re online, and can slow down your web-browser and affect its performance.
Another reason why you need to get rid of the Domain Quality adware is its online data-tracking activity. It can collect your confidential info such as what webpages you are opening, what you are looking for the World Wide Web and so on. This confidential information, subsequently, may be transferred third party companies. Therefore, Domain Quality is a potentially unwanted program and should not be used. If you noticed any of the symptoms mentioned above, we recommend you to complete steps below to remove the adware and get rid of unwanted advertisements from your web browser.
How does Domain Quality get on your device
Most of unwanted advertisements and pop ups come from browser toolbars and/or plugins, BHOs (browser helper objects) and third-party apps. In most cases, these items claim itself as applications which improve your experience on the Internet by providing a fast and interactive home page or a search provider that does not track you. Remember, how to avoid the unwanted applications. Be cautious, start only reputable apps which download from reputable sources. NEVER install any unknown and suspicious programs.
|Type||adware software, PUP (potentially unwanted program), pop up advertisements, pop up virus, pop ups|
|Removal||Domain Quality removal guide|
How to remove Domain Quality from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
Fortunately, it is not hard to remove Domain Quality adware. In the following steps, we will provide two solutions to remove adware software from your PC. One is the manual removal solution and the other is automatic removal method. You can choose the solution that best fits you. Please follow the removal steps below to remove Domain Quality adware right now!
To remove Domain Quality, follow the steps below:
- Manual Domain Quality removal
- Automatic Removal of Domain Quality adware software
- How to stay safe online
Manual Domain Quality removal
First try to get rid of Domain Quality manually; to do this, follow the steps below. Of course, manual removal of adware requires more time and may not be suitable for those who are poorly versed in computer settings. In this case, we recommend that you scroll down to the section that describes how to remove the adware using free removal tools.
Delete PUPs using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
Some PUPs, browser hijacking apps and adware software may be uninstalled by uninstalling the free software they came with. If this way does not succeed, then looking them up in the list of installed programs in Microsoft Windows Control Panel. Use the “Uninstall” command in order to remove them.
Make sure you have closed all browsers and other apps. Next, uninstall any unwanted and suspicious programs from your Control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Now, press the Windows button, type “Control panel” in search and press Enter. Choose “Programs and Features”, then “Uninstall a program”.
Look around the entire list of apps installed on your PC. Most probably, one of them is the Domain Quality adware. Select the suspicious program or the program that name is not familiar to you and delete it.
Windows Vista, 7
From the “Start” menu in Windows, select “Control Panel”. Under the “Programs” icon, choose “Uninstall a program”.
Select the suspicious or any unknown programs, then click “Uninstall/Change” button to uninstall this unwanted program from your PC system.
Click the “Start” button, select “Control Panel” option. Click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
Choose an unwanted application, then click “Change/Remove” button. Follow the prompts.
Delete Domain Quality from Mozilla Firefox
The Firefox reset will remove redirects to unwanted web pages, remove modified preferences, extensions and fix changed security settings. It will keep your personal information like browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
Start the Mozilla Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the web browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will open the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as on the image below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation prompt. The Mozilla Firefox will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the Domain Quality adware. After, it’s finished, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Domain Quality adware from IE
The Internet Explorer reset is great if your internet browser is hijacked or you have unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your web-browser, which installed by an malicious software.
First, start the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, press “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your PC system for the changes to take effect. It will delete Domain Quality , disable malicious and ad-supported web browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings such as homepage, newtab and search engine to default state.
Remove Domain Quality adware from Chrome
If adware software, other program or plugins modified your Google Chrome settings without your knowledge, then you can remove Domain Quality adware and restore your internet browser settings in Chrome at any time. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed or cleared.
- First run the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed plugins. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is done, your internet browser’s new tab, startpage and default search engine will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Automatic Removal of Domain Quality adware
Spyware, adware, potentially unwanted applications and browser hijackers can be difficult to remove manually. Do not try to remove this software without the help of malicious software removal tools. In order to completely get rid of adware from your computer, run professionally created utilities, like Zemana Free, MalwareBytes Free and Hitman Pro.
Use Zemana Anti Malware to remove Domain Quality
If you need a free utility that can easily delete Domain Quality , then use Zemana AntiMalware. This is a very handy application, which is primarily developed to quickly scan for and remove adware software and malicious software infecting web-browsers and changing their settings.
- First, please go to the following link, then press the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Zemana Free.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the download is complete, please close all applications and open windows on your computer. Next, run a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) onto your PC. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana will start and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the Domain Quality adware. Depending on your device, the scan may take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a threat is found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly.
- Once that process is complete, it will open the Scan Results.
- Review the report and then click the “Next” button. The tool will delete the adware software. When finished, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
- Close the Zemana Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Get rid of Domain Quality adware and malicious extensions with Hitman Pro
HitmanPro is one of the most useful tools for uninstalling adware, PUPs and other malware. It can scan for hidden adware in your PC system and delete all malicious folders and files related to adware. Hitman Pro will allow you to delete Domain Quality adware from your computer and MS Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. We strongly suggest you to download this tool as the developers are working hard to make it better.
First, visit the page linked below, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of HitmanPro.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
After the downloading process is done, open the folder in which you saved it and double-click the Hitman Pro icon. It will launch the Hitman Pro utility. If the User Account Control dialog box will ask you want to run the application, click Yes button to continue.
Next, click “Next” to start checking your PC for the Domain Quality adware. Depending on your PC system, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the tool is checking, you may see how many objects and files has already scanned.
After that process is finished, it will open the Scan Results as on the image below.
You may delete threats (move to Quarantine) by simply click “Next” button. It will open a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button. The HitmanPro will get rid of Domain Quality adware and move the selected items to the Quarantine. When disinfection is done, the utility may ask you to restart your PC.
Remove Domain Quality adware with MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM)
Remove Domain Quality manually is difficult and often the adware software is not completely removed. Therefore, we suggest you to use the MalwareBytes which are fully clean your personal computer. Moreover, this free program will allow you to delete malicious software, potentially unwanted applications, toolbars and browser hijackers that your computer can be infected too.
MalwareBytes can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
After the download is done, close all windows on your computer. Further, start the file called MBSetup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as shown in the figure below, press the “Yes” button.
It will display the Setup wizard which will help you setup MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) on the PC. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is finished successfully, click “Get Started” button. Then MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) will automatically start and you can see its main window as shown in the figure below.
Next, click the “Scan” button to start checking your device for the Domain Quality adware. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your device and the speed of your computer. While the MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) utility is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified as being affected by malicious software.
When MalwareBytes AntiMalware has completed scanning your personal computer, a list of all items detected is produced. Next, you need to click “Quarantine” button.
The MalwareBytes AntiMalware will remove Domain Quality . After that process is finished, you can be prompted to reboot your device. We advise you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the MalwareBytes to remove browser hijackers, adware and other malicious software.
How to stay safe online
If you want to get rid of unwanted advertisements, web-browser redirects and pop-ups, then install an adblocker program like AdGuard. It can block unwanted ads and popups, stop web-sites from tracking your online activities when using the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. So, if you like surf the World Wide Web, but you don’t like unwanted advertisements and want to protect your computer from malicious web pages, then the AdGuard is your best choice.
- AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When the downloading process is done, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the setup is complete, press “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, block Domain Quality redirects, as well as other harmful or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
After completing the step-by-step instructions shown above, your personal computer should be clean from the Domain Quality adware and other malware. The Firefox, Google Chrome, IE and Edge will no longer redirect you to unwanted web sites and online ads. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step instructions does not help you, then you have caught a new adware software, and then the best way – ask for help here.