What is Ositieonthat.space?
Ositieonthat.space is a web-site that uses social engineering to trick unsuspecting users into allowing push notifications from malicious (ad) push servers. Although push notifications cannot harm users directly, scammers use them to display annoying ads, promote adware software bundles, and encourage users to visit unsafe websites.
When you visit the Ositieonthat.space webpage which wants to send you browser notifications, you’ll be greeted with a fake message that asks whether you want to agree to them or not. Your options will be ‘Block’ and ‘Allow’. Once enabled, these notifications will start popping up in the lower right corner of the screen periodically and spam the user with annoying advertisements.
|Type||spam push notifications, browser notification spam, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||social engineering attack, PUPs, suspicious pop up ads, adware software|
|Removal||Ositieonthat.space removal guide|
How did you get infected with Ositieonthat.space popups
These Ositieonthat.space pop ups are caused by suspicious ads on the web pages you visit or adware. Adware is ‘advertising supported’ software which tries to generate profit by redirecting you to unwanted web-sites or online advertising. It has different methods of earning money including showing up advertising on the web browser forcefully.
Most of unwanted advertisements and pop-ups come from web browser toolbars and/or extensions, BHOs (browser helper objects) and third-party software. In many cases, these items claim itself as apps which improve your experience on the World Wide Web by providing a fast and interactive home page or a search provider that does not track you. Remember, how to avoid the unwanted apps. Be cautious, start only reputable software which download from reputable sources. NEVER install any unknown and dubious applications.
Remove Ositieonthat.space notifications from web-browsers
If you have clicked the “Allow” button in the Ositieonthat.space popup and gave a notification permission, you should remove this notification permission first from your internet browser settings. To delete the Ositieonthat.space permission to send push notifications to your personal computer, complete the steps below. These steps are for Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Android.
- Just copy and paste the following text into the address bar of Google Chrome.
- Press Enter.
- Remove the Ositieonthat.space URL and other questionable URLs by clicking three vertical dots button next to each and selecting ‘Remove’.
- Tap ‘Settings’.
- Tap ‘Notifications’.
- Find and tap the web-browser that displays Ositieonthat.space browser notifications advertisements.
- Locate Ositieonthat.space in the list and disable it.
- In the right upper corner, click on the three bars to expand the Main menu.
- Go to ‘Options’, and Select ‘Privacy & Security’ on the left side of the window.
- Scroll down to ‘Permissions’ section and click ‘Settings…’ button next to ‘Notifications’.
- Find Ositieonthat.space, other suspicious sites, click the drop-down menu and select ‘Block’.
- Save changes.
- Click the More button (three dots) in the top-right corner of the Edge.
- Scroll down, locate and click ‘Settings’. In the left side select ‘Advanced’.
- Click ‘Manage permissions’ button under ‘Website permissions’.
- Click the switch below the Ositieonthat.space so that it turns off.
- Click the Gear button on the top right hand corner of the screen.
- Go to ‘Internet Options’ in the menu.
- Select the ‘Privacy’ tab and click ‘Settings under ‘Pop-up Blocker’ section.
- Select the Ositieonthat.space domain and other questionable sites below and remove them one by one by clicking the ‘Remove’ button.
- Go to ‘Preferences’ in the Safari menu.
- Select the ‘Websites’ tab and then select ‘Notifications’ section on the left panel.
- Find the Ositieonthat.space URL and select it, click the ‘Deny’ button.
How to remove Ositieonthat.space pop ups (removal tutorial)
We are presenting a few methods to get rid of Ositieonthat.space pop-up advertisements from the IE, Firefox, Chrome and MS Edge using only internal MS Windows functions. Most of adware software and potentially unwanted apps can be deleted via these processes. If these steps does not help to remove Ositieonthat.space pop ups, then it is better to use a free malware removal tools linked below.
To remove Ositieonthat.space pop ups, perform the following steps:
- Remove Ositieonthat.space notifications from web-browsers
- Manual Ositieonthat.space pop-ups removal
- Automatic Removal of Ositieonthat.space ads
- Stop Ositieonthat.space advertisements
Manual Ositieonthat.space pop-ups removal
First try to remove Ositieonthat.space pop-up ads manually; to do this, follow the steps below. Of course, manual adware software removal requires more time and may not be suitable for those who are poorly versed in system settings. In this case, we recommend that you scroll down to the section that describes how to delete Ositieonthat.space popups using free utilities.
Uninstall adware through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
First of all, check the list of installed apps on your PC system and delete all unknown and recently added software. If you see an unknown program with incorrect spelling or varying capital letters, it have most likely been installed by malware and you should clean it off first with malicious software removal tool like Zemana.
Press Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will show the Windows Control Panel as shown on the image below.
Further, press “Uninstall a program”
It will show a list of all programs installed on your PC system. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown software.
Get rid of Ositieonthat.space pop-ups from Mozilla Firefox
If your Firefox web browser is re-directed to Ositieonthat.space without your permission or an unknown search engine shows results for your search, then it may be time to perform the browser reset. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed, deleted or cleared.
Start the Mozilla Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the internet browser screen. Next, press the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will display the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the Ositieonthat.space adware. When, it’s complete, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Ositieonthat.space pop ups from Internet Explorer
If you find that Microsoft Internet Explorer web-browser settings like homepage, newtab page and search provider by default had been replaced by adware which causes pop ups, then you may return your settings, via the reset web-browser procedure.
First, run the IE, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web-browser, then click the “Internet Options” such as the one below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as shown in the figure below.
Once the process is finished, press “Close” button. Close the IE and reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web browser’s start page, search provider by default and newtab page to default state.
Remove Ositieonthat.space popups from Chrome
If your Google Chrome web browser is redirected to annoying Ositieonthat.space web page, it may be necessary to completely reset your browser application to its default settings.
- First launch the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is done, your web-browser’s home page, newtab page and search engine will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Automatic Removal of Ositieonthat.space ads
The simplest way to delete Ositieonthat.space popups is to run an antimalware application capable of detecting adware software. We advise try Zemana or another free malware remover that listed below. It has excellent detection rate when it comes to adware, browser hijackers and other potentially unwanted apps.
Remove Ositieonthat.space advertisements with Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM)
Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) is extremely fast and ultra light weight malicious software removal tool. It will allow you delete Ositieonthat.space advertisements, adware, potentially unwanted apps and other malware. This program gives real-time protection that never slow down your personal computer. Zemana is created for experienced and beginner computer users. The interface of this tool is very easy to use, simple and minimalist.
First, visit the following page, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Zemana Free.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
Once downloading is finished, close all windows on your computer. Further, launch the install file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as displayed on the screen below, click the “Yes” button.
It will display the “Setup wizard” that will assist you install Zemana Free on the computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once install is complete successfully, Zemana Free will automatically start and you can see its main window as on the image below.
Next, click the “Scan” button to begin checking your personal computer for the adware that causes Ositieonthat.space popups. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your personal computer. While the Zemana Anti-Malware program is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified as threat.
As the scanning ends, you can check all items detected on your personal computer. Review the results once the tool has done the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Next” button.
The Zemana will get rid of adware that causes multiple unwanted popups. After finished, you can be prompted to restart your computer.
Use HitmanPro to remove Ositieonthat.space pop-ups
If the Ositieonthat.space ads issue persists, run the Hitman Pro and scan if your browser is hijacked by adware. The HitmanPro is a downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and allows get rid of adware, potentially unwanted applications, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus.
First, click the following link, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of HitmanPro.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Download and run HitmanPro on your computer. Once started, click “Next” button for scanning your personal computer for the adware that causes Ositieonthat.space pop-up ads in your internet browser. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your device. When a malware, adware or PUPs are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. .
When HitmanPro has finished scanning your computer, you will be displayed the list of all found threats on your computer.
Review the scan results and then click Next button.
It will display a prompt, click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to delete all malicious software found.
How to delete Ositieonthat.space with MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM)
You can remove Ositieonthat.space pop-up ads automatically with a help of MalwareBytes AntiMalware. We recommend this free malicious software removal tool because it can easily remove browser hijackers, adware software, potentially unwanted applications and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti Malware by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- Once the download is finished, close all apps and windows on your computer. Open a folder in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBsetup.
- Choose “Personal computer” option and click Install button. Follow the prompts.
- Once installation is done, click the “Scan” button to detect adware responsible for Ositieonthat.space advertisements. While the MalwareBytes Free tool is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified as being infected by malicious software.
- After MalwareBytes Free has completed scanning, MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) will prepare a list of unwanted software and adware. All detected items will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click “Quarantine”. When the clean-up is done, you may be prompted to restart your device.
The following video offers a steps on how to remove hijackers, adware and other malware with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM).
Stop Ositieonthat.space advertisements
One of the worst things is the fact that you cannot block all those annoying web-sites such as Ositieonthat.space using only built-in Microsoft Windows capabilities. However, there is a program out that you can use to block annoying internet browser redirects, advertisements and popups in any modern internet browsers including IE, Firefox, Chrome and Microsoft Edge. It is named Adguard and it works very well.
First, visit the page linked below, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of AdGuard.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
When the downloading process is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as displayed on the screen below.
Follow the prompts. Once the installation is complete, you will see a window as shown below.
You can click “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your computer, AdGuard will run automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Ositieonthat.space, as well as other harmful or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
Once you’ve complete the few simple steps above, your device should be clean from this adware software and other malware. The Chrome, IE, MS Edge and Firefox will no longer display unwanted Ositieonthat.space website when you browse the World Wide Web. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step tutorial does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the annoying Ositieonthat.space pop-ups.