What is Optyruntchan.com?
Optyruntchan.com is a web-site that uses social engineering techniques to trick users into subscribing to browser notifications. Scammers use browser push notifications to bypass protection against pop-ups in the browser and therefore show a ton of unwanted adverts. These ads are used to promote dubious browser extensions, free gifts scams, adware bundles, and adult web-sites.
Optyruntchan.com is a misleading site that shows a confirmation request that attempts to get you to press the ‘Allow’ button to subscribe to its notifications. Once enabled, the Optyruntchan notifications will start popping up in the right bottom corner of your desktop periodically and spam you with unwanted ads.
|Type||spam push notifications, browser notification spam, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||social engineering attack, shady pop up ads, adware software, potentially unwanted applications|
|Removal||Optyruntchan.com removal guide|
Where the Optyruntchan.com popups comes from
These Optyruntchan.com pop ups are caused by malicious advertisements on the web-pages you visit or adware. Adware is considered by many to be synonymous with ‘malicious software’. It is a type of harmful programs which displays unwanted advertisements to computer users. Some examples include pop up ads, different offers and deals or unclosable windows. Adware can be installed onto your computer via infected web pages, when you open email attachments, anytime you download and install free applications.
A large number of spyware, adware programs, internet browser toolbars, hijackers, and potentially unwanted apps are installed when installing freeware and peer-2-peer file sharing software. Therefore, when installing free applications, you need to be careful not to accidentally install additional applications. It is important that you pay attention to the EULA (End User License Agreements) and select the Custom, Manual or Advanced installation option as it will typically disclose what additional applications will also be installed.
Remove Optyruntchan.com notifications from internet browsers
if you became a victim of fraudsters and clicked on the “Allow” button, then your web-browser was configured to display unwanted advertisements. To remove the ads, you need to delete the notification permission that you gave the Optyruntchan.com web-page to send push notifications.
- Just copy and paste the following text into the address bar of Google Chrome.
- Press Enter.
- Remove the Optyruntchan.com site and other questionable URLs by clicking three vertical dots button next to each and selecting ‘Remove’.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Tap on the Menu button (three dots) on the top right corner of the screen.
- In the menu tap ‘Settings’, scroll down to ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Site Settings’, tap on ‘Notifications’, locate the Optyruntchan.com URL and tap on it.
- Tap the ‘Clean & Reset’ button and confirm.
- Click on ‘three bars’ button at the top right corner.
- In the menu go to ‘Options’, in the menu on the left go to ‘Privacy & Security’.
- Scroll down to ‘Permissions’ section and click ‘Settings…’ button next to ‘Notifications’.
- Find sites you down’t want to see notifications from (for example, Optyruntchan.com), click on drop-down menu next to each and select ‘Block’.
- Save changes.
- Click the More button (three dots) in the top right corner of the window.
- Scroll down, find and click ‘Settings’. In the left side select ‘Advanced’.
- Click ‘Manage permissions’ button below ‘Website permissions’.
- Right-click the Optyruntchan.com. Click ‘Delete’.
- In the top-right corner, click on the gear icon (menu button).
- When the drop-down menu appears, click on ‘Internet Options’.
- Select the ‘Privacy’ tab and click ‘Settings under ‘Pop-up Blocker’ section.
- Locate the Optyruntchan.com site and click the ‘Remove’ button to delete the domain.
- Click ‘Safari’ button on the top left hand corner of the window and select ‘Preferences’.
- Select the ‘Websites’ tab and then select ‘Notifications’ section on the left panel.
- Check for Optyruntchan.com site, other questionable URLs and apply the ‘Deny’ option for each.
How to remove Optyruntchan.com ads from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
In many cases adware software requires more than a simple uninstall through the use of Windows Control panel in order to be fully removed. For that reason, our team designed several removal ways that we’ve combined in a detailed tutorial. Therefore, if you’ve the annoying Optyruntchan.com popups on your PC and are currently trying to have it removed then feel free to follow the few simple steps below in order to resolve your problem. Some of the steps will require you to reboot your computer or close this webpage. So, read this tutorial carefully, then bookmark this page or open it on your smartphone for later reference.
To remove Optyruntchan.com pop ups, use the steps below:
- Remove Optyruntchan.com notifications from internet browsers
- Manual Optyruntchan.com pop-up advertisements removal
- Automatic Removal of Optyruntchan.com popups
- Stop Optyruntchan.com pop-ups
Manual Optyruntchan.com pop-up advertisements removal
Looking for a solution to delete Optyruntchan.com pop-up ads manually without downloading any software? Then this section of the blog post is just for you. Below are some simple steps you can take. Performing these steps requires basic knowledge of browser and MS Windows setup. If you doubt that you can follow them, it is better to use free utilities listed below that can allow you remove Optyruntchan.com popups.
Delete suspicious programs using Windows Control Panel
First method for manual adware removal is to go into the Microsoft Windows “Control Panel”, then “Uninstall a program” console. Take a look at the list of programs on your device and see if there are any dubious and unknown apps. If you see any, you need to remove them. Of course, before doing so, you can do an World Wide Web search to find details on the program. If it is a potentially unwanted program, adware or malicious software, you will likely find information that says so.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next press Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and press “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will show a list of all software installed on the computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and uninstall dubious and unknown apps. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort software by date.
See more details in the video guide below.
Delete Optyruntchan.com ads from Microsoft Internet Explorer
If you find that Internet Explorer web-browser settings such as new tab page, start page and default search provider had been changed by adware which causes the annoying Optyruntchan.com advertisements, then you may return your settings, via the reset web-browser procedure.
First, launch the Internet Explorer, press ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as shown on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The Internet Explorer will display the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your PC system for the changes to take effect. It will remove adware software that causes pop-ups, disable malicious and ad-supported browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings such as homepage, search provider by default and newtab to default state.
Remove Optyruntchan.com pop-ups from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple method to delete Optyruntchan.com advertisements, harmful and adware plugins, web browser’s new tab, default search provider and homepage which have been modified by adware.
First launch the Chrome. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal dots ().
It will show the Google Chrome menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions. Carefully browse through the list of installed extensions. If the list has the addon signed with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Open the Google Chrome menu once again. Further, click the option named “Settings”.
The web browser will show the settings screen. Another method to display the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the browser adress bar and press Enter
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and press the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset” section is visible, like below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
The Chrome will open the confirmation prompt like below.
You need to confirm your action, click the “Reset” button. The internet browser will launch the process of cleaning. When it’s finished, the web-browser’s settings including search provider by default, newtab page and home page back to the values which have been when the Chrome was first installed on your device.
Get rid of Optyruntchan.com from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web browser settings
If the Mozilla Firefox web browser program is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Mozilla Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Mozilla Firefox settings like newtab, default search provider and homepage to their original state. Essential information like bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, cookies, auto-fill data and personal dictionaries will not be removed.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and press the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as shown on the screen below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, press “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the image below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to return your Firefox web browser settings to their original state.
Automatic Removal of Optyruntchan.com popups
In order to fully remove Optyruntchan.com, you not only need to remove adware software from your computer, but also remove all its components in your computer including Windows registry entries. We suggest to download and run free removal utilities to automatically clean your computer of adware related to the Optyruntchan.com advertisements.
How to get rid of Optyruntchan.com pop-ups with Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM)
Zemana is free full featured malware removal utility. It can scan your files and Microsoft Windows registry in real-time. Zemana can help to remove Optyruntchan.com pop-up advertisements, other potentially unwanted applications, malicious software and adware software. It uses 1% of your personal computer resources. This utility has got simple and beautiful interface and at the same time best possible protection for your PC.
Click the following link to download Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM). Save it to your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
Once the downloading process is done, close all applications and windows on your PC system. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup as displayed in the following example.
When the install begins, you will see the “Setup wizard” that will allow you set up Zemana Free on your computer.
Once installation is finished, you will see window as displayed on the screen below.
Now press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware related to the Optyruntchan.com advertisements. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
After finished, Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will display a list of all threats found by the scan. When you are ready, press “Next” button.
The Zemana will remove adware that causes the unwanted Optyruntchan.com pop ups and move the selected items to the program’s quarantine.
Delete Optyruntchan.com ads from web browsers with Hitman Pro
HitmanPro is a portable utility that detects and uninstalls undesired applications such as browser hijackers, adware, toolbars, other web-browser extensions and other malware. It scans your computer for adware software which causes pop ups and produces a list of items marked for removal. Hitman Pro will only erase those undesired apps that you wish to be removed.
Installing the Hitman Pro is simple. First you’ll need to download Hitman Pro on your personal computer from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Download and use HitmanPro on your PC. Once started, click “Next” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware which causes the annoying Optyruntchan.com ads. While the HitmanPro is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified either as being malware..
Once Hitman Pro has finished scanning your computer, Hitman Pro will display a list of found threats.
Make sure to check mark the threats that are unsafe and then click Next button.
It will show a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Get rid of Optyruntchan.com ads with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
If you’re having issues with Optyruntchan.com pop-ups removal, then check out MalwareBytes. This is a tool that can help clean up your PC and improve your speeds for free. Find out more below.
First, visit the following page, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Free.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
After the downloading process is finished, close all applications and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBSetup as shown on the screen below.
When the installation starts, you will see the Setup wizard which will help you install Malwarebytes on your PC.
Once installation is complete, you will see window as shown on the screen below.
Now press the “Scan” button to find adware software responsible for Optyruntchan.com pop-ups. When a threat is found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly.
After MalwareBytes has completed scanning your computer, it will open the Scan Results. All found items will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click “Quarantine” button.
The Malwarebytes will now begin to remove adware that causes the unwanted Optyruntchan.com pop ups. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to restart your PC.
The following video explains few simple steps on how to get rid of browser hijacker, adware software and other malicious software with MalwareBytes.
Stop Optyruntchan.com pop-ups
By installing an ad-blocking program such as AdGuard, you are able to block Optyruntchan.com, autoplaying video ads and remove lots of distracting and unwanted ads on webpages.
- Please go to the following link to download AdGuard. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the install is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted ads, block Optyruntchan.com, as well as other harmful or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
Once you have finished the guidance above, your computer should be clean from adware which causes pop-ups and other malware. The Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge will no longer redirect you to various intrusive web-sites such as Optyruntchan.com. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help here.