What is Bestonclock.com?
There are many scam web sites on the Internet and Bestonclock.com is one of them. It is a web site that is designed to deceive computer users into accepting push notifications via the web browser. Although push notifications cannot harm you directly, scammers use them to display intrusive advertisements, promote questionable apps, and encourage users to visit misleading web-pages.
Bestonclock.com is a misleading site that states that clicking ‘Allow’ button is necessary to access the content of the web page, connect to the Internet, watch a video, download a file, enable Flash Player, and so on. If you press the ‘Allow’ button, then your internet browser will be configured to display popup advertisements in the lower right hand corner of the screen.
|Type||browser notification spam, spam push notifications, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||PUPs, suspicious pop-up advertisements, adware, social engineering attack|
|Removal||Bestonclock.com removal guide|
How did you get infected with Bestonclock.com pop ups
IT security researchers have determined that users are re-directed to Bestonclock.com by adware or from suspicious advertisements. Adware is a type of malicious software which tries to generate money by redirecting users to scam webpages or online adverts. It has different solutions of earning revenue including displaying up adverts on the internet browser forcefully.
Remove Bestonclock.com notifications from internet browsers
If you’ve clicked the “Allow” button in the Bestonclock.com pop up and gave a notification permission, you should remove this notification permission first from your web-browser settings. To delete the Bestonclock.com permission to send notifications to your personal computer, complete the following steps. These steps are for Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Android.
How to remove Bestonclock.com popups from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
Bestonclock.com popup ads in the Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Google Chrome can be permanently removed by removing undesired programs, resetting the internet browser to its default state, and reversing any changes to the PC by malicious software. Free removal utilities which listed below can help in removing adware which shows numerous pop-up windows and annoying adverts.
To remove Bestonclock.com pop ups, use the steps below:
- Remove Bestonclock.com notifications from internet browsers
- Manual Bestonclock.com popups removal
- Automatic Removal of Bestonclock.com popups
- Stop Bestonclock.com popups
Manual Bestonclock.com popups removal
Most adware software can be removed manually, without the use of antivirus or other removal utilities. The manual steps below will guide you through how to remove Bestonclock.com pop up ads step by step. Although each of the steps is very easy and does not require special knowledge, but you are not sure that you can complete them, then use the free tools, a list of which is given below.
Uninstall recently installed potentially unwanted programs
First of all, check the list of installed applications on your computer and remove all unknown and recently added software. If you see an unknown program with incorrect spelling or varying capital letters, it have most likely been installed by malware and you should clean it off first with malware removal tool such as Zemana Anti-Malware.
Make sure you have closed all web browsers and other programs. Next, delete any unrequested and suspicious apps from your Control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Now, click the Windows button, type “Control panel” in search and press Enter. Choose “Programs and Features”, then “Uninstall a program”.
Look around the entire list of applications installed on your personal computer. Most likely, one of them is the adware responsible for Bestonclock.com popups. Select the questionable program or the program that name is not familiar to you and delete it.
Windows Vista, 7
From the “Start” menu in Windows, choose “Control Panel”. Under the “Programs” icon, choose “Uninstall a program”.
Choose the questionable or any unknown apps, then click “Uninstall/Change” button to remove this undesired program from your PC system.
Click the “Start” button, select “Control Panel” option. Click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
Select an unwanted application, then click “Change/Remove” button. Follow the prompts.
Get rid of Bestonclock.com pop-up advertisements from Internet Explorer
If you find that Internet Explorer web-browser settings such as startpage, search engine and newtab page had been changed by adware software that causes the intrusive Bestonclock.com pop-up advertisements, then you may restore your settings, via the reset web-browser procedure.
First, run the Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the browser, then click the “Internet Options” such as the one below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button as displayed in the following example.
After the procedure is done, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and reboot your PC system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web browser’s search engine by default, homepage and newtab to default state.
Remove Bestonclock.com pop-ups from Firefox
If the Mozilla Firefox settings such as newtab page, default search engine and start page have been replaced by the adware software, then resetting it to the default state can help. It’ll save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as shown in the following example.
A small menu will appear, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the screen below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to return your Firefox web-browser settings to their default values.
Remove Bestonclock.com pop-up ads from Google Chrome
Annoying Bestonclock.com pop ups or other symptom of having adware in your browser is a good reason to reset Google Chrome. This is an easy way to recover the Chrome settings and not lose any important information.
First start the Chrome. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal dots ().
It will open the Google Chrome menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions. Carefully browse through the list of installed plugins. If the list has the extension signed with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Google Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Open the Chrome menu once again. Further, click the option called “Settings”.
The web browser will open the settings screen. Another solution to display the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and press the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset” section is visible, as shown in the following example and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
The Chrome will show the confirmation prompt such as the one below.
You need to confirm your action, press the “Reset” button. The internet browser will launch the process of cleaning. After it’s finished, the web browser’s settings including newtab page, default search engine and homepage back to the values that have been when the Google Chrome was first installed on your device.
Automatic Removal of Bestonclock.com popups
Manual removal is not always as effective as you might think. Often, even the most experienced users can not fully get rid of adware software which causes pop-ups. So, we suggest to scan your device for any remaining malicious components with free adware software removal apps below.
How to remove Bestonclock.com advertisements with Zemana
Does Zemana AntiMalware remove adware responsible for Bestonclock.com pop-up ads? The adware is often downloaded with malicious software which can cause you to install an application such as toolbars you don’t want. Therefore, suggest using the Zemana. It’s a utility created to scan and remove adware and other malicious software from your device for free.
- Click the link below to download Zemana Free. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once you have downloaded the installation file, make sure to double click on the Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. This would start the Zemana setup on your PC.
- Select setup language and press ‘OK’ button.
- On the next screen ‘Setup Wizard’ simply click the ‘Next’ button and follow the prompts.
- Finally, once the install is done, Zemana will launch automatically. Else, if does not then double-click on the Zemana Free icon on your desktop.
- Now that you have successfully install Zemana, let’s see How to use Zemana to delete Bestonclock.com ads from your computer.
- After you have started the Zemana, you’ll see a window as shown in the figure below, just press ‘Scan’ button to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware software.
- Now pay attention to the screen while Zemana Free scans your device.
- When finished, Zemana Free will show a scan report. Review the report and then press ‘Next’ button.
- Zemana Anti-Malware may require a restart device in order to complete the Bestonclock.com ads removal procedure.
- If you want to permanently remove adware from your PC system, then click ‘Quarantine’ icon, select all malware, adware, PUPs and other items and click Delete.
- Restart your PC to complete the adware removal procedure.
Use HitmanPro to remove Bestonclock.com popups
Hitman Pro is a free removal tool that can be downloaded and run to remove adware software that causes Bestonclock.com pop-up advertisements in your internet browser, hijackers, malicious software, potentially unwanted applications, toolbars and other threats from your computer. You can use this tool to locate threats even if you have an antivirus or any other security application.
- Download HitmanPro on your PC system from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When the downloading process is complete, run the Hitman Pro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, click the “Next” to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware that causes the annoying Bestonclock.com popups. This task can take some time, so please be patient. While the Hitman Pro utility is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as being affected by malicious software.
- Once finished, Hitman Pro will create a list of unwanted programs and adware. Review the results once the tool has done the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply press “Next”. Now, press the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to get rid of all malicious software found.
Remove Bestonclock.com ads with MalwareBytes Free
If you’re having issues with Bestonclock.com advertisements removal, then check out MalwareBytes. This is a tool that can help clean up your computer and improve your speeds for free. Find out more below.
Click the link below to download MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM). Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once downloading is done, close all windows on your PC system. Further, open the file named MBSetup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as displayed on the image below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the Setup wizard which will assist you install MalwareBytes Anti Malware on the personal computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is done successfully, click “Get Started” button. Then MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will automatically start and you may see its main window as on the image below.
Next, press the “Scan” button for checking your device for the adware that causes Bestonclock.com advertisements in your web browser. While the MalwareBytes Free is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malware.
Once that process is complete, a list of all items detected is produced. In order to delete all threats, simply click “Quarantine” button.
The MalwareBytes AntiMalware will begin to get rid of adware responsible for Bestonclock.com pop ups. When disinfection is complete, you may be prompted to reboot your personal computer. We suggest you look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the MalwareBytes Free to get rid of hijackers, adware and other malware.
Stop Bestonclock.com popups
By installing an ad-blocking application like AdGuard, you are able to block Bestonclock.com, autoplaying video ads and delete tons of distracting and unwanted ads on web-pages.
- Visit the following page to download AdGuard. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, press “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted ads, block Bestonclock.com, as well as other malicious or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which can be found on your desktop.
Now your computer should be free of the adware that causes Bestonclock.com advertisements. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop ups and unwanted harmful web pages) and Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your computer for new adwares and other malicious software). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to delete Bestonclock.com advertisements from the Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Google Chrome, then ask for help here here.