What is Seekforsearch.com?
The computer security professionals have determined that Seekforsearch.com is a web-site that is promoted by browser hijackers. Browser hijacker is a kind of software that is designed to change the web browser settings without the knowledge or permission of the computer user, and it usually redirects the affected system’s internet browser to some advertisement-related web pages. A browser hijacker alters the default browser search engine or start page, initiates numerous popups, redirects user web searches to its own webpage, installs multiple toolbars on the browser and generates multiple pop-up ads. If your internet browser is infected by a browser hijacker you may need to complete manual steps or use a malware removal tool to revert changes made to your internet browsers.
When you are performing searches using the web browser that has been affected with Seekforsearch.com, the search results will be returned from Bing, Yahoo or Google Custom Search. The makers of Seekforsearch.com hijacker are most probably doing this to generate advertisement money from the ads displayed in the search results.
And finally, the Seekforsearch browser hijacker has the ability to collect your sensitive info like what web pages you’re opening, what you’re looking for the World Wide Web and so on. This information, in the future, can be transferred to third parties.
In order to get rid of browser hijacker from your computer, clean the affected internet browsers and return the Firefox, Google Chrome, IE and Microsoft Edge settings to its default state, please use the Seekforsearch.com removal tutorial below.
How can a browser hijacker get on your computer
|Type||redirect virus, browser hijacker, search engine hijacker, start page hijacker, PUP|
|Affected Browser Settings||search engine, newtab page URL, startpage|
|Distribution||fake software updaters, shady pop-up ads, free applications installation packages|
|Symptoms||Unwanted advertising links appear on web-pages that you are visiting. Webpage links redirect to web sites different from what you expected. Unwanted application installed without your say-so. New internet browser add-ons suddenly added on your browser. Your web browser settings are being modified without your request.|
|Removal||Seekforsearch.com removal guide|
How to remove Seekforsearch.com from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
In the step-by-step guidance below we will show how to remove Seekforsearch.com from Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge web browsers for Windows OS, natively or by using free malware removal tools. Read it once, after doing so, please bookmark this page (or open it on your smartphone) as you may need to exit your web browser or restart your PC system.
To remove Seekforsearch.com, execute the following steps:
- How to manually remove Seekforsearch.com
- Automatic Removal of Seekforsearch.com
- How to stop Seekforsearch.com redirect
How to manually remove Seekforsearch.com
If you perform exactly the few simple steps below you should be able to delete the Seekforsearch.com from the Mozilla Firefox, IE, Google Chrome and MS Edge browsers.
Uninstall potentially unwanted applications using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
Some of PUPs, adware software and hijacker can be removed using the Add/Remove programs tool which is located in the MS Windows Control Panel. So, if you are using any version of MS Windows and you have noticed an unwanted program, then first try to get rid of it through Add/Remove programs.
Make sure you have closed all web browsers and other programs. Next, uninstall any unknown and suspicious software from your Control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Now, press the Windows button, type “Control panel” in search and press Enter. Choose “Programs and Features”, then “Uninstall a program”.
Look around the entire list of applications installed on your computer. Most probably, one of them is the browser hijacker that causes web browsers to display the Seekforsearch.com webpage. Choose the dubious application or the program that name is not familiar to you and uninstall it.
Windows Vista, 7
From the “Start” menu in Microsoft Windows, choose “Control Panel”. Under the “Programs” icon, choose “Uninstall a program”.
Choose the suspicious or any unknown programs, then press “Uninstall/Change” button to delete this unwanted program from your PC system.
Click the “Start” button, select “Control Panel” option. Click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
Select an unwanted program, then click “Change/Remove” button. Follow the prompts.
Delete Seekforsearch.com home page from Mozilla Firefox
This step will help you delete Seekforsearch.com, third-party toolbars, disable malicious extensions and restore your default startpage, new tab and search engine settings.
Press the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu like the one below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button such as the one below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to return your Firefox web-browser settings to their original state.
Remove Seekforsearch.com redirect from Microsoft Internet Explorer
In order to restore default search engine, homepage and newtab page you need to reset the Microsoft Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the MS Windows was installed on your device.
First, open the Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will display the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web-browser, then press the “Internet Options” as shown below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button like below.
When the task is complete, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and reboot your PC for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web-browser’s default search engine, startpage and new tab to default state.
Remove Seekforsearch.com from Google Chrome
Like other modern browsers, the Google Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thereby restore the internet browser search provider by default, homepage and new tab that have been replaced by the Seekforsearch.com browser hijacker.
First start the Chrome. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal dots ().
It will open the Chrome menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions. Carefully browse through the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension signed with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Google Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Open the Google Chrome menu once again. Further, click the option called “Settings”.
The browser will display the settings screen. Another way to open the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset” section is visible, as on the image below and press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
The Google Chrome will open the confirmation dialog box as displayed in the following example.
You need to confirm your action, click the “Reset” button. The browser will start the process of cleaning. After it is finished, the web browser’s settings including default search provider, startpage and newtab back to the values which have been when the Google Chrome was first installed on your computer.
Automatic Removal of Seekforsearch.com
There are not many good free anti-malware programs with high detection ratio. The effectiveness of malware removal tools depends on various factors, mostly on how often their virus/malware signatures DB are updated in order to effectively detect modern malware, adware, browser hijackers and other PUPs. We suggest to use several programs, not just one. These programs that listed below will help you remove all components of the browser hijacker from your disk and Windows registry and thereby get rid of Seekforsearch.com redirect.
Remove Seekforsearch.com with Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM)
Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) is a free program for Windows operating system to search for and delete PUPs, adware software, malicious web-browser extensions, browser toolbars, and other undesired programs like browser hijacker that redirects your browser to intrusive Seekforsearch.com web-site.
- Zemana AntiMalware can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the downloading process is complete, please close all programs and open windows on your computer. Next, start a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of Zemana onto your PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Anti-Malware will start and show the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button to find hijacker responsible for redirecting your internet browser to Seekforsearch.com web site. Depending on your device, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the Zemana application is scanning, you can see count of objects it has identified as threat.
- After the system scan is done, Zemana will open a list of all threats found by the scan.
- Make sure all threats have ‘checkmark’ and click the “Next” button. The utility will remove hijacker responsible for redirects to Seekforsearch.com and move the selected items to the program’s quarantine. When the cleaning process is done, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
- Close the Zemana and continue with the next step.
Remove Seekforsearch.com hijacker and malicious extensions with Hitman Pro
HitmanPro is a free utility which can scan for hijacker responsible for redirecting your web-browser to Seekforsearch.com web page. It’s not always easy to locate all the unwanted apps that your personal computer might have picked up on the Internet. HitmanPro will scan for the adware, browser hijackers and other malicious software you need to erase.
HitmanPro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Once the downloading process is finished, open the directory in which you saved it and double-click the HitmanPro icon. It will start the Hitman Pro utility. If the User Account Control prompt will ask you want to launch the application, click Yes button to continue.
Next, click “Next” to perform a system scan for the hijacker responsible for redirecting your web-browser to Seekforsearch.com website. While the utility is scanning, you can see number of objects and files has already scanned.
When the scan get completed, a list of all items detected is created as on the image below.
Next, you need to click “Next” button. It will open a dialog box, press the “Activate free license” button. The HitmanPro will remove hijacker that redirects your web-browser to the Seekforsearch.com web-page and move the selected items to the program’s quarantine. When disinfection is complete, the tool may ask you to restart your personal computer.
Delete Seekforsearch.com home page with MalwareBytes Free
If you’re still having problems with the Seekforsearch.com home page — or just wish to check your PC system occasionally for browser hijacker and other malicious software — download MalwareBytes. It is free for home use, and detects and removes various unwanted software that attacks your PC system or degrades computer performance. MalwareBytes can delete adware, potentially unwanted programs as well as malware, including ransomware and trojans.
- Installing the MalwareBytes is simple. First you’ll need to download MalwareBytes AntiMalware by clicking on the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will show the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the download is complete, please close all apps and open windows on your PC. Double-click on the icon that’s called MBSetup.
- This will launch the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes Anti Malware onto your personal computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will launch and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to begin scanning your PC system for the hijacker responsible for redirecting your browser to Seekforsearch.com web page. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient. When a malware, adware software or PUPs are found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is complete.
- As the scanning ends, you can check all items found on your personal computer.
- Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and click the “Quarantine” button. Once the procedure is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to stop Seekforsearch.com redirect
If you surf the Internet, you cannot avoid malicious advertising. But you can protect your web browser against it. Download and run an ad blocking application. AdGuard is an adblocker that can filter out a huge number of of the malvertising, blocking dynamic scripts from loading malicious content.
- AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the installation is done, click “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your device, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired ads, block Seekforsearch.com, as well as other malicious or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that may be found on your desktop.
To sum up
Now your PC system should be clean of the Seekforsearch.com hijacker and other internet browser’s harmful extensions. We suggest that you keep Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your PC for new browser hijackers and other malware) and AdGuard (to help you block intrusive pop ups and malicious web sites). Moreover, to prevent any browser hijacker, please stay clear of unknown and third party programs, make sure that your antivirus application, turn on the option to scan for PUPs.
If you need more help with Seekforsearch.com redirect related issues, go to here.