What is Closenesspassionreporting.com?
There are many scam web-sites on the Internet and Closenesspassionreporting.com is one of them. It is a misleading web-site that deceives users into accepting push notifications via the browser. Although push notifications cannot harm users directly, scammers use them to display unwanted advertisements, promote adware bundles, and encourage the users to visit misleading web sites.
The Closenesspassionreporting.com web site displays the message ‘Click Allow to’ (watch a video, access the content of the webpage, connect to the Internet, download a file, enable Flash Player), asking you to subscribe to notifications. If you click on ALLOW, this website starts sending notifications on the desktop. You will see the pop up adverts even when the web browser is closed.
|Name||Closenesspassionreporting.com pop up|
|Type||spam push notifications, browser notification spam, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||adware, dubious pop up ads, social engineering attack, PUPs|
|Removal||Closenesspassionreporting.com removal guide|
How did you get infected with Closenesspassionreporting.com popups
These Closenesspassionreporting.com popups are caused by suspicious advertisements on the websites you visit or adware. Adware is a type of harmful software. It does not delete files or infect them, but can display unwanted advertisements, modify computer settings, download and install malicious browser plugins. All the time, while adware is running, your web browser will be fill with annoying advertisements. Most probably, adware software has been installed on your PC without your’s permission and you don’t even know how and where adware has got into your PC.
These days certain free software creators bundle PUPs or adware software with a view to making some money. So whenever you install a new free software that downloaded from the Web, be very careful during installation. Carefully read the EULA (a text with I ACCEPT/I DECLINE button), select custom or manual installation option, reject all third-party programs.
Remove Closenesspassionreporting.com notifications from web browsers
If you’ve clicked the “Allow” button in the Closenesspassionreporting.com pop-up and gave a notification permission, you should remove this notification permission first from your browser settings. To delete the Closenesspassionreporting.com permission to send browser notifications to your PC, perform the steps below. These steps are for MS Windows, Apple Mac and Android.
- In the top right corner of the screen, click on Chrome’s main menu button, represented by three vertical dots.
- Select ‘Settings’, scroll down to the bottom and click ‘Advanced’.
- At the ‘Privacy and Security’ section click ‘Site settings’.
- Click on ‘Notifications’.
- Click ‘three dots’ button on the right hand side of Closenesspassionreporting.com URL or other rogue notifications and click ‘Remove’.
- Tap ‘Settings’.
- Tap ‘Notifications’.
- Find and tap the internet browser which displays Closenesspassionreporting.com push notifications advertisements.
- In the opened window, find Closenesspassionreporting.com site, other rogue notifications and set the toggle button to ‘OFF’ on them one-by-one.
- Click on ‘three bars’ button at the top-right corner of the browser window.
- In the drop-down menu select ‘Options’. In the left side select ‘Privacy & Security’.
- Scroll down to ‘Permissions’ and then to ‘Settings’ next to ‘Notifications’.
- Locate sites you down’t want to see notifications from (for example, Closenesspassionreporting.com), click on drop-down menu next to each and select ‘Block’.
- Save changes.
- In the right upper corner, click on the three dots to expand the Edge menu.
- Click ‘Settings’. Click ‘Advanced’ on the left side of the window.
- Click ‘Manage permissions’ button below ‘Website permissions’.
- Click the switch below the Closenesspassionreporting.com site so that it turns off.
- Click the Gear button on the top right corner of the browser.
- In the drop-down menu select ‘Internet Options’.
- Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab and select ‘Settings’ in the pop-up blockers section.
- Select the Closenesspassionreporting.com site and other questionable URLs below and delete them one by one by clicking the ‘Remove’ button.
- On the top menu select ‘Safari’, then ‘Preferences’.
- Select the ‘Websites’ tab and then select ‘Notifications’ section on the left panel.
- Check for Closenesspassionreporting.com domain, other suspicious URLs and apply the ‘Deny’ option for each.
How to remove Closenesspassionreporting.com popup ads (removal guide)
In many cases adware requires more than a simple uninstall through the use of MS Windows Control panel in order to be fully deleted. For that reason, our team created several removal methods that we have summarized in a detailed guidance. Therefore, if you have the unwanted Closenesspassionreporting.com advertisements on your computer and are currently trying to have it removed then feel free to follow the few simple steps below in order to resolve your problem. Read this manual carefully, bookmark it or open this page on your smartphone, because you may need to close your web browser or reboot your PC system.
To remove Closenesspassionreporting.com pop ups, complete the steps below:
- Remove Closenesspassionreporting.com notifications from web browsers
- How to manually remove Closenesspassionreporting.com
- Uninstall potentially unwanted apps through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
- Remove Closenesspassionreporting.com from Firefox by resetting browser settings
- Remove Closenesspassionreporting.com pop up ads from Google Chrome
- Delete Closenesspassionreporting.com pop up advertisements from Internet Explorer
- Automatic Removal of Closenesspassionreporting.com advertisements
- Stop Closenesspassionreporting.com pop-up advertisements
How to manually remove Closenesspassionreporting.com
Most adware can be deleted manually, without the use of antivirus or other removal utilities. The manual steps below will guide you through how to remove Closenesspassionreporting.com popup advertisements step by step. Although each of the steps is simple and does not require special knowledge, but you are not sure that you can complete them, then use the free utilities, a list of which is given below.
Uninstall potentially unwanted apps through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
When troubleshooting a PC, one common step is go to Microsoft Windows Control Panel and uninstall suspicious software. The same approach will be used in the removal of Closenesspassionreporting.com advertisements. Please use steps based on your Windows version.
|Windows 7||Windows 8|
|Windows 10||Mac OS|
Remove Closenesspassionreporting.com from Firefox by resetting browser settings
If the Mozilla Firefox internet browser program is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Mozilla Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Firefox settings like newtab, home page and search engine to their default values. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed, deleted or cleared.
First, launch the Firefox and press button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the internet browser. Further, press the Help button () as shown on the image below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page like below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will show the confirmation prompt. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a process to fix your problems that caused by the Closenesspassionreporting.com adware software. Once, it’s finished, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Closenesspassionreporting.com pop up ads from Google Chrome
If you have adware problem or the Chrome is running slow, then reset Chrome settings can help you. In the steps below we will show you a way to reset your Google Chrome settings to default state without reinstall. This will also help to remove Closenesspassionreporting.com pop ups from your internet browser.
- First start the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is complete, your web-browser’s new tab, startpage and search provider will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Delete Closenesspassionreporting.com pop up advertisements from Internet Explorer
If you find that IE internet browser settings such as home page, new tab page and search provider had been modified by adware that causes multiple intrusive popups, then you may return your settings, via the reset browser procedure.
First, open the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as displayed on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your personal computer for the changes to take effect.
Automatic Removal of Closenesspassionreporting.com advertisements
Manual removal guide may not be for an unskilled computer user. Each Closenesspassionreporting.com removal step above, such as uninstalling suspicious programs, restoring infected shortcuts, deleting the adware from system settings, must be performed very carefully. If you’re in doubt during any of the steps listed in the manual removal above, then we recommend that you follow the automatic Closenesspassionreporting.com removal instructions listed below.
How to delete Closenesspassionreporting.com pop ups with Zemana Free
Download Zemana Anti Malware to remove Closenesspassionreporting.com pop up ads automatically from all of your internet browsers. This is a freeware tool specially developed for malware removal. This tool can get rid of adware, hijacker from Mozilla Firefox, Edge, Chrome and Internet Explorer and MS Windows registry automatically.
Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
When downloading is complete, close all windows on your computer. Further, start the setup file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up like below, press the “Yes” button.
It will show the “Setup wizard” which will allow you install Zemana Free on the personal computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once install is done successfully, Zemana Anti Malware will automatically start and you may see its main window such as the one below.
Next, click the “Scan” button . Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) program will scan through the whole computer for the adware that causes Closenesspassionreporting.com pop-up ads.
Once the scan get finished, Zemana Anti-Malware will show a list of detected items. You may delete threats (move to Quarantine) by simply click “Next” button.
The Zemana will remove adware software which causes the annoying Closenesspassionreporting.com popups and move the selected items to the program’s quarantine. Once that process is done, you can be prompted to reboot your personal computer.
Use HitmanPro to delete Closenesspassionreporting.com popup ads
Hitman Pro is a free removal tool that can be downloaded and use to get rid of adware related to the Closenesspassionreporting.com ads, hijackers, malicious software, PUPs, toolbars and other threats from your PC system. You may run this utility to scan for threats even if you have an antivirus or any other security program.
- HitmanPro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When downloading is done, launch the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, press the “Next” to detect adware that causes multiple unwanted pop-ups. This task may take some time, so please be patient. While the tool is checking, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- After the scan is complete, Hitman Pro will display a list of found items. All detected items will be marked. You can delete them all by simply press “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
Remove Closenesspassionreporting.com pop up advertisements with MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM)
If you’re having issues with Closenesspassionreporting.com ads removal, then check out MalwareBytes. This is a utility that can help clean up your PC system and improve your speeds for free. Find out more below.
- MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- When the downloading process is finished, close all software and windows on your PC. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBsetup.
- Select “Personal computer” option and click Install button. Follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click the “Scan” button . MalwareBytes Free application will scan through the whole computer for the adware software that causes multiple intrusive pop ups. Depending on your PC system, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour.
- Once MalwareBytes AntiMalware has finished scanning your PC system, MalwareBytes AntiMalware will show a list of found threats. In order to delete all threats, simply click “Quarantine”. Once disinfection is finished, you can be prompted to restart your device.
The following video offers a steps on how to remove browser hijackers, adware software and other malicious software with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM).
Stop Closenesspassionreporting.com pop-up advertisements
In order to increase your security and protect your computer against new unwanted advertisements and harmful websites, you need to run ad blocking program that blocks an access to malicious advertisements and web sites. Moreover, the program can block the open of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of websites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the install is finished, click “Skip” to close the install application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, block Closenesspassionreporting.com, as well as other malicious or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
To sum up
After completing the steps above, your device should be free from adware software that causes the unwanted Closenesspassionreporting.com pop ups and other malware. The Internet Explorer, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Chrome will no longer redirect you to various annoying websites like Closenesspassionreporting.com. Unfortunately, if the steps does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help here.