What is Regecish.net?
Regecish.net is a webpage which is designed to lure computer users to accept push notifications via the internet browser. Push notifications are originally designed to alert the user of newly published content. The Regecish.net creators use ‘push notifications’ to avoid antivirus and adblocker programs by displaying unwanted advertisements. These ads are displayed in the lower right corner of the screen urges users to play online games, visit suspicious webpages, install internet browser extensions & so on.
When you visit the Regecish.net webpage that wants to send you browser notifications, you’ll be greeted with a confirmation request which asks whether you want to agree to them or not. Your options will be ‘Block’ and ‘Allow’. Once you click on ALLOW, this website starts sending browser notifications on your screen. You will see the pop up adverts even when your browser is closed.
The best method to unsubscribe from the Regecish.net notifications open your web-browser’s settings and perform the simple steps below. Once you disable Regecish.net notifications from your internet browser settings, you won’t receive any unwanted advertisements in the lower right corner of your desktop or notification center.
|Name||Regecish.net pop up|
|Type||browser notification spam, spam push notifications, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||PUPs, adware, social engineering attack, suspicious pop-up ads|
|Removal||Regecish.net removal guide|
How did you get infected with Regecish.net popups
Some research has shown that users can be redirected to Regecish.net from shady advertisements or by potentially unwanted applications and adware. Adware is type of malicious software which shows unwanted advertising on a computer, redirects search requests to advertising web pages and gathers privacy data for marketing purposes. Adware software can show banner ads, full-screen advertisements, popups, videos, or other varieties of online advertising. Adware software can attack your computer’s web-browsers such as the MS Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Maybe you approve the idea that the ads or pop ups is just a small problem. But these intrusive ads eat personal computer resources and slow down your personal computer performance.
How to remove Regecish.net ads from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
Not all unwanted programs like adware that causes Regecish.net popup advertisements are easily uninstallable. You might see popups, deals, text links, in-text ads, banners and other type of advertisements in the Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Firefox and might not be able to figure out the application responsible for this activity. The reason for this is that many undesired programs neither appear in Microsoft Windows Control Panel. Therefore in order to fully get rid of Regecish.net pop up ads, you need to use the following steps. Read this manual carefully, bookmark it or open this page on your smartphone, because you may need to exit your internet browser or restart your personal computer.
To remove Regecish.net pop ups, execute the following steps:
- How to get rid of Regecish.net pop-ups without any software
- Automatic Removal of Regecish.net pop-up ads
- How to stop Regecish.net pop-up ads
How to get rid of Regecish.net pop-ups without any software
The most common adware can be removed manually, without the use of antivirus or other removal utilities. The manual steps below will guide you through how to remove Regecish.net popups step by step. Although each of the steps is easy and does not require special knowledge, but you are not sure that you can finish them, then use the free tools, a list of which is given below.
Uninstall potentially unwanted apps using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
Check out the Microsoft Windows Control Panel (Programs and Features section) to see all installed applications. We suggest to click on the “Date Installed” in order to sort the list of software by the date you installed them. If you see any unknown and questionable programs, they are the ones you need to uninstall.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, click the Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, press “Start” and select “Control Panel”.
It will show the Windows Control Panel like the one below.
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all programs installed on your computer. Scroll through the all list, and delete any suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort applications by date in the Control panel.
Remove Regecish.net notifications from web browsers
If you’ve allowed the Regecish.net site to send push notifications to your internet browser, then we will need to delete these permissions. Depending on internet browser, you can execute the steps below to remove the Regecish.net permissions to send notifications.
Remove Regecish.net pop-ups from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome will help you to remove Regecish.net popup advertisements from your internet browser as well as to recover web browser settings infected by adware. All unwanted, harmful and adware extensions will also be uninstalled from the web browser. Keep in mind that resetting your web browser will not remove your history, bookmarks, passwords, and other saved data.
- First start the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed plugins. If the list has the add-on labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is done, your web browser’s search engine by default, new tab and home page will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Regecish.net advertisements from Firefox
Resetting your Firefox is first troubleshooting step for any issues with your browser program, including the redirect to Regecish.net web site. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed or cleared.
Start the Mozilla Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will open the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation prompt. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a process to fix your problems that caused by the Regecish.net adware. After, it’s finished, press the “Finish” button.
Remove Regecish.net pop-ups from Internet Explorer
If you find that Internet Explorer internet browser settings such as home page, newtab page and search provider had been modified by adware which causes pop-ups, then you may revert back your settings, via the reset browser procedure.
First, open the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web-browser, then click the “Internet Options” as shown in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button such as the one below.
Once the task is finished, press “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and reboot your device for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your browser’s homepage, search provider by default and new tab to default state.
Automatic Removal of Regecish.net pop-up ads
The adware can hide its components which are difficult for you to find out and remove completely. This can lead to the fact that after some time, the adware that causes pop ups again infect your device. Moreover, We want to note that it’s not always safe to delete adware manually, if you don’t have much experience in setting up and configuring the Microsoft Windows operating system. The best solution to locate and get rid of adware is to use free malicious software removal apps.
Delete Regecish.net pop up ads with Zemana
Zemana Anti-Malware is a program which is used for malware, adware, browser hijackers and PUPs removal. The program is one of the most efficient anti malware utilities. It helps in malware removal and and defends all other types of security threats. One of the biggest advantages of using Zemana Free is that is easy to use and is free. Also, it constantly keeps updating its virus/malware signatures DB. Let’s see how to install and scan your personal computer with Zemana Anti-Malware in order to delete Regecish.net pop ups from your personal computer.
- Download Zemana Free on your device by clicking on the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once you have downloaded the setup file, make sure to double click on the Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. This would start the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) install on your device.
- Select setup language and click ‘OK’ button.
- On the next screen ‘Setup Wizard’ simply click the ‘Next’ button and follow the prompts.
- Finally, once the install is done, Zemana Anti-Malware will open automatically. Else, if doesn’t then double-click on the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) icon on your desktop.
- Now that you have successfully install Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM), let’s see How to use Zemana Free to remove Regecish.net pop-up ads from your computer.
- After you have launched the Zemana Anti Malware, you’ll see a window as shown in the figure below, just click ‘Scan’ button to perform a system scan for the adware.
- Now pay attention to the screen while Zemana Free scans your PC system.
- After the scanning is finished, it will open the Scan Results. In order to delete all threats, simply press ‘Next’ button.
- Zemana may require a reboot computer in order to complete the Regecish.net popups removal procedure.
- If you want to permanently delete adware software from your PC system, then click ‘Quarantine’ icon, select all malware, adware software, potentially unwanted apps and other items and press Delete.
- Restart your PC to complete the adware removal process.
Remove Regecish.net pop-up advertisements from web browsers with HitmanPro
The Hitman Pro utility is free (30 day trial) and easy to use. It can scan and remove malicious software, PUPs and adware in Microsoft Internet Explorer, MS Edge, Firefox and Google Chrome browsers and thereby remove all annoying Regecish.net pop-up advertisements. HitmanPro is powerful enough to find and get rid of malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the computer.
Visit the page linked below to download HitmanPro. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
After downloading is complete, open the file location and double-click the Hitman Pro icon. It will launch the HitmanPro utility. If the User Account Control prompt will ask you want to launch the application, click Yes button to continue.
Next, click “Next” to locate adware that causes Regecish.net pop up advertisements in your internet browser. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is complete.
After HitmanPro has finished scanning your PC system, a list of all items detected is produced as displayed in the following example.
All found threats will be marked. You can delete them all by simply click “Next” button. It will open a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button. The HitmanPro will remove adware responsible for Regecish.net advertisements and move the selected items to the program’s quarantine. Once finished, the tool may ask you to restart your computer.
Use MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) to get rid of Regecish.net ads
Trying to get rid of Regecish.net pop-ups can become a battle of wills between the adware software infection and you. MalwareBytes Free can be a powerful ally, removing most of today’s adware software, malware and potentially unwanted apps with ease. Here’s how to use MalwareBytes Free will help you win.
- First, visit the following page, then press the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of MalwareBytes.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After downloading is finished, please close all software and open windows on your PC. Double-click on the icon that’s called MBSetup.
- This will run the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes AntiMalware onto your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Anti Malware will start and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the adware that causes Regecish.net advertisements in your web-browser. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the MalwareBytes is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
- Once finished, MalwareBytes Anti Malware will open a list of detected threats.
- Next, you need to press the “Quarantine” button. Once the process is done, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to stop Regecish.net pop-up ads
Run an ad-blocker utility such as AdGuard will protect you from malicious advertisements and content. Moreover, you can find that the AdGuard have an option to protect your privacy and stop phishing and spam web sites. Additionally, ad blocking programs will allow you to avoid unwanted pop up advertisements and unverified links that also a good way to stay safe online.
- Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you’ll need to download AdGuard on your Windows Desktop by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the install is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your PC, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop unwanted ads, block Regecish.net, as well as other malicious or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which can be found on your desktop.
Now your PC should be clean of the adware that causes multiple unwanted popups. We suggest that you keep Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your computer for new adwares and other malicious software) and AdGuard (to help you block intrusive advertisements and harmful webpages). Moreover, to prevent any adware, please stay clear of unknown and third party apps, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to locate potentially unwanted software.
If you need more help with Regecish.net popups related issues, go to here.