What is Sostubsee.com?
Sostubsee.com is a dubious web-page that uses social engineering techniques to fool you and other unsuspecting victims into subscribing to push notifications. Although push notifications cannot harm you directly, scammers use them to display annoying ads, promote fake downloads, and encourage users to visit unsafe webpages.
Sostubsee.com delivers a message stating that you should click ‘Allow’ button in order to enable Flash Player, access the content of the website, watch a video, connect to the Internet, download a file, and so on. Once you click on the ‘Allow’ button, then your browser will be configured to show intrusive adverts on your desktop, even when the web-browser is closed.
If you started to receive notifications from Sostubsee.com, then in order to get rid of them, you should open your browser settings and follow a few simple steps, which are described below. After disabling Sostubsee.com notifications, unwanted pop-ups advertisements will no longer appear on your desktop.
|Name||Sostubsee.com pop up|
|Type||spam push notifications, browser notification spam, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||adware software, social engineering attack, misleading popup advertisements, potentially unwanted apps|
|Removal||Sostubsee.com removal guide|
How does your computer get infected with Sostubsee.com pop ups
These Sostubsee.com pop ups are caused by shady advertisements on the web sites you visit or adware. Adware is a form of malicious software. It is created to bombard you with endless advertisements and popup windows that could potentially be dangerous for your PC system. If you get adware on your PC, it can modify browser settings and install harmful browser extensions.
These days some free programs makers bundle potentially unwanted software or adware software with a view to making some money. So whenever you install a new free programs that downloaded from the Internet, be very careful during installation. Carefully read the EULA (a text with I ACCEPT/I DECLINE button), select custom or manual installation method, disable all optional software.
In the steps below, we will explain helpful solutions on how to free your device of adware software and remove Sostubsee.com ads from your web-browser.
How to remove Sostubsee.com popups (removal steps)
When the adware gets installed on your computer without your knowledge, it is not easy to uninstall. Most commonly, there is no Uninstall application that simply uninstall the adware which cause pop ups from your computer. So, we suggest using several well-proven free specialized tools such as Zemana Anti Malware, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) or HitmanPro. But the best solution to remove Sostubsee.com pop-up ads will be to perform several manual steps, after that additionally run antimalware utilities.
To remove Sostubsee.com pop ups, execute the steps below:
- How to manually remove Sostubsee.com
- Automatic Removal of Sostubsee.com pop-up advertisements
- How to stop Sostubsee.com pop-ups
How to manually remove Sostubsee.com
Looking for a method to delete Sostubsee.com pop ups manually without downloading any utilities? Then this section of the article is just for you. Below are some simple steps you can take. Performing these steps requires basic knowledge of browser and Windows setup. If you doubt that you can follow them, it is better to use free tools listed below that can allow you delete adware software.
Delete recently added PUPs
One of the first things to attempt for removal of adware is to check your device installed applications screen and look for undesired and suspicious applications. If there are any apps you do not recognize or are no longer using, you should remove them. If that doesn’t work, then you may need to run adware removal utility such as Zemana Anti-Malware.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Windows logo, and then press Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter like below.
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, press the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown on the screen below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right as shown in the figure below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 7 or Vista) as shown in the following example.
Carefully browse through the list of installed programs and get rid of all dubious and unknown applications. We advise to press ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed software by date. After you’ve found anything dubious that may be the adware related to the Sostubsee.com pop-ups, then select this program and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the questionable program blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to completely remove it from your computer.
Remove Sostubsee.com notifications from web browsers
If you are in situation where you don’t want to see browser notifications from the Sostubsee.com web-site. In this case, you can turn off web notifications for your web-browser in MS Windows/Mac/Android. Find your web-browser in the list below, follow step-by-step guide to delete web-browser permissions to show notifications.
- Just copy and paste the following text into the address bar of Google Chrome.
- Press Enter.
- Remove the Sostubsee.com URL and other rogue notifications by clicking three vertical dots button next to each and selecting ‘Remove’.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Tap on the Menu button (three dots) on the top-right corner of the Google Chrome window.
- In the menu tap ‘Settings’, scroll down to ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Site Settings’, tap on ‘Notifications’, find the Sostubsee.com site and tap on it.
- Tap the ‘Clean & Reset’ button and confirm.
- In the top right corner, click the Firefox menu (three bars).
- Go to ‘Options’, and Select ‘Privacy & Security’ on the left side of the window.
- Scroll down to ‘Permissions’ and then to ‘Settings’ next to ‘Notifications’.
- Find Sostubsee.com URL, other rogue notifications, click the drop-down menu and select ‘Block’.
- Click ‘Save Changes’ button.
- In the top right hand corner, click on the three dots to expand the Edge menu.
- Scroll down to ‘Settings’. In the menu on the left go to ‘Advanced’.
- Click ‘Manage permissions’ button below ‘Website permissions’.
- Right-click the Sostubsee.com URL. Click ‘Delete’.
- In the right upper corner of the window, click on the gear icon (menu button).
- Select ‘Internet options’.
- Select the ‘Privacy’ tab and click ‘Settings below ‘Pop-up Blocker’ section.
- Find the Sostubsee.com URL and click the ‘Remove’ button to delete the site.
- On the top menu select ‘Safari’, then ‘Preferences’.
- Open ‘Websites’ tab, then in the left menu click on ‘Notifications’.
- Check for Sostubsee.com site, other dubious sites and apply the ‘Deny’ option for each.
Get rid of Sostubsee.com advertisements from Microsoft Internet Explorer
By resetting Internet Explorer web-browser you restore your browser settings to its default state. This is basic when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by adware that causes Sostubsee.com advertisements in your web browser.
First, launch the IE, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will display the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web-browser, then click the “Internet Options” as displayed on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button as displayed below.
Once the task is done, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web browser’s home page, newtab and search provider by default to default state.
Get rid of Sostubsee.com pop up ads from Firefox
Resetting your Firefox is basic troubleshooting step for any issues with your browser program, including the redirect to Sostubsee.com webpage. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed or cleared.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and press the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as shown on the screen below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, press “Refresh Firefox” button as shown in the following example.
Follow the onscreen procedure to revert back your Firefox web browser settings to their original settings.
Remove Sostubsee.com ads from Chrome
The adware software can alter your Google Chrome settings without your knowledge. You may see an unwanted web-site as your search provider or startpage, additional addons and toolbars. Reset Google Chrome browser will help you to remove Sostubsee.com pop ups and reset the unwanted changes caused by adware software. It’ll keep your personal information like browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
- First run the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed plugins. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is complete, your browser’s home page, newtab page and default search engine will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Automatic Removal of Sostubsee.com pop-up advertisements
Computer security professionals have built efficient adware removal tools to aid users in removing unwanted pop-ups and annoying advertisements. Below we will share with you the best malware removal tools that can look for and remove adware responsible for Sostubsee.com popup ads.
How to delete Sostubsee.com pop-up ads with Zemana Anti-Malware
Zemana Free is one of the best in its class, it can look for and remove a huge count of of different security threats, including adware, browser hijackers, spyware and trojans that masqueraded as legitimate system programs. Also Zemana Free includes another tool called FRST – is a helpful program for manual removal of files and parts of the Windows registry created by malicious software.
- Zemana Free can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the download is done, please close all applications and open windows on your PC. Next, start a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Free onto your personal computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) will launch and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware software which cause annoying Sostubsee.com popups. Depending on your PC, the scan may take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour.
- After Zemana Free has finished scanning, you can check all threats detected on your computer.
- All found items will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click the “Next” button. The tool will delete adware which cause annoying Sostubsee.com pop ups and move the selected items to the Quarantine. After finished, you may be prompted to restart the PC system.
- Close the Zemana and continue with the next step.
Remove Sostubsee.com pop up advertisements from web browsers with Hitman Pro
HitmanPro is a free removal tool that may be downloaded and use to get rid of adware that causes unwanted Sostubsee.com ads, browser hijackers, malware, PUPs, toolbars and other threats from your PC system. You may use this utility to search for threats even if you have an antivirus or any other security program.
- Installing the Hitman Pro is simple. First you’ll need to download HitmanPro on your MS Windows Desktop from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once downloading is done, launch the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, click the “Next” for scanning your PC system for the adware software that causes multiple intrusive pop ups. While the Hitman Pro is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malware.
- Once the system scan is complete, HitmanPro will open a list of all items found by the scan. Review the report and then click “Next”. Now, press the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to delete all malware found.
Use MalwareBytes to get rid of Sostubsee.com pop ups
We advise using the MalwareBytes. You can download and install MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) to detect adware and thereby delete Sostubsee.com pop-up advertisements from your web browsers. When installed and updated, this free malicious software remover automatically searches for and deletes all threats present on the PC system.
- First, click the following link, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of MalwareBytes AntiMalware.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- Once downloading is complete, close all programs and windows on your personal computer. Open a folder in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBsetup.
- Select “Personal computer” option and press Install button. Follow the prompts.
- Once installation is finished, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the adware that causes Sostubsee.com advertisements. This procedure may take some time, so please be patient. When a threat is found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- Once the scanning is done, you’ll be displayed the list of all found items on your computer. Once you have selected what you want to delete from your personal computer click “Quarantine”. When the task is finished, you can be prompted to restart your computer.
The following video offers a steps on how to get rid of browser hijackers, adware and other malware with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM).
How to stop Sostubsee.com pop-ups
It is also critical to protect your browsers from malicious webpages and advertisements by using an adblocker application such as AdGuard. Security experts says that it will greatly reduce the risk of malware, and potentially save lots of money. Additionally, the AdGuard can also protect your privacy by blocking almost all trackers.
Visit the following page to download AdGuard. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown on the image below.
Follow the prompts. After the install is finished, you will see a window as shown on the screen below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop Sostubsee.com pop-ups, as well as block malicious and misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
After completing the steps shown above, your PC should be clean from adware software that causes the Sostubsee.com pop-ups. The Firefox, IE, Chrome and Microsoft Edge will no longer redirect you to scam websites like Sostubsee.com. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help here.