What is Mekiroki.com?
There are many scam web sites on the Internet and Mekiroki.com is one of them. It is a dubious webpage which lures users to accept push notifications via the browser. Push notifications are originally created to alert the user of recently published news. Scammers abuse ‘push notifications’ to avoid antivirus and ad blocking applications by showing annoying adverts. These advertisements are displayed in the lower right corner of the screen urges users to play online games, visit suspicious web pages, install browser add-ons & so on.
The Mekiroki.com web-site shows the ‘Show notifications’ pop up that attempts to get you to press the ‘Allow’ to subscribe to its notifications. Once enabled, the Mekiroki.com push notifications will start popping up in the right bottom corner of your desktop occasionally and spam the user with unwanted advertisements.
In order to delete Mekiroki.com push notifications open the web-browser’s settings and follow the simple steps below. After disabling Mekiroki.com notifications, unwanted popups ads will no longer appear on your desktop.
|Name||Mekiroki.com pop up|
|Type||spam push notifications, browser notification spam, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||dubious pop-up advertisements, adware, social engineering attack, PUPs|
|Removal||Mekiroki.com removal guide|
How does your PC system get infected with Mekiroki.com pop-ups
Some research has shown that users can be redirected to Mekiroki.com from shady ads or by potentially unwanted programs and adware software. Adware is a type of invasive programs — which can infect PCs — constantly redirect your web-browser to certain web sites so the creators of those sites can generate profit by displaying advertisements to visitors. It is not a good idea to have installed adware. The reason for this is simple, it doing things you do not know about. And of course you completely don’t know what will happen when you click on any the ads.
By following guide below it is easy to detect and remove adware software from Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and MS Edge and your computer. Learn how to delete Mekiroki.com pop-ups and harmful applications, as well as how to run a full device virus scan.
How to remove Mekiroki.com popups from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
There exist several free adware software removal utilities. Also it is possible to delete Mekiroki.com pop ups manually. But we recommend to combine all these ways below into the one removal algorithm. Follow the steps of the instructions. Read this manual carefully, bookmark it or open this page on your smartphone, because you may need to close your browser or restart your PC system.
To remove Mekiroki.com pop ups, follow the steps below:
- How to manually get rid of Mekiroki.com
- Automatic Removal of Mekiroki.com ads
- Stop Mekiroki.com pop-ups
- To sum up
How to manually get rid of Mekiroki.com
In most cases, it is possible to manually delete Mekiroki.com pop ups. This solution does not involve the use of any tricks or removal utilities. You just need to recover the normal settings of the device and browser. This can be done by following a few simple steps below. If you want to quickly remove Mekiroki.com ads, as well as perform a full scan of your PC system, we recommend that you run adware software removal utilities, which are listed below.
Remove recently added adware
In order to delete PUPs such as this adware, open the Windows Control Panel and click on “Uninstall a program”. Check the list of installed applications. For the ones you do not know, run an Internet search to see if they are adware software, browser hijacker or potentially unwanted software. If yes, remove them off. Even if they are just a apps that you do not use, then removing them off will increase your personal computer start up time and speed dramatically.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, click Windows button , then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as displayed on the screen below.
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as displayed in the following example.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel similar to the one below.
Very carefully look around the entire list of apps installed on your personal computer. Most likely, one of them is the adware which cause popups. If you’ve many applications installed, you can help simplify the search of malicious software by sort the list by date of installation. Once you’ve found a dubious, unwanted or unused application, right click to it, after that press ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, click ‘Start’ button and select ‘Control Panel’ at right panel like below.
When the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to press ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ as displayed below.
You will see a list of software installed on your computer. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the apps that were installed last. Most likely, it’s the adware that cause pop ups. If you are in doubt, you can always check the program by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. After the program which you need to uninstall is found, simply click on its name, and then click ‘Uninstall’ as displayed below.
Remove Mekiroki.com notifications from web-browsers
If you have allowed the Mekiroki.com site to send browser notifications to your browser, then we will need to delete these permissions. Depending on web-browser, you can use the following steps to get rid of the Mekiroki.com permissions to send push notifications.
- In the top right hand corner of the Chrome window, expand the Chrome menu.
- When the drop-down menu appears, click on ‘Settings’. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Privacy and Security’ section, click on ‘Site settings’.
- Go to Notifications settings.
- Find the Mekiroki.com URL and delete it by clicking the three vertical dots on the right to the site and select ‘Remove’.
- Open Chrome.
- Tap on the Menu button (three dots) on the top right hand corner.
- In the menu tap ‘Settings’, scroll down to ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Site Settings’, tap on ‘Notifications’, locate the Mekiroki.com site and tap on it.
- Tap the ‘Clean & Reset’ button and confirm.
- Click the Menu button (three horizontal stripes) on the top-right corner.
- Go to ‘Options’, and Select ‘Privacy & Security’ on the left side of the window.
- Scroll down to ‘Permissions’ and then to ‘Settings’ next to ‘Notifications’.
- Find Mekiroki.com, other dubious sites, click the drop-down menu and select ‘Block’.
- Save changes.
- Click the More button (three dots) in the top right hand corner of the Edge.
- Scroll down to ‘Settings’. In the menu on the left go to ‘Advanced’.
- Click ‘Manage permissions’ button, located beneath ‘Website permissions’.
- Click the switch under the Mekiroki.com URL so that it turns off.
- Click the Gear button on the top right hand corner of the Internet Explorer.
- Select ‘Internet options’.
- Select the ‘Privacy’ tab and click ‘Settings under ‘Pop-up Blocker’ section.
- Find the Mekiroki.com site and click the ‘Remove’ button to remove the domain.
- Click ‘Safari’ button on the left upper corner and select ‘Preferences’.
- Open ‘Websites’ tab, then in the left menu click on ‘Notifications’.
- Locate the Mekiroki.com and select it, click the ‘Deny’ button.
Delete Mekiroki.com ads from Firefox
This step will help you delete Mekiroki.com popup advertisements, third-party toolbars, disable harmful addons and return your default start page, newtab and search provider settings.
First, start the Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, press the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as on the image below.
Confirm your action, press the “Refresh Firefox”.
Delete Mekiroki.com pop up advertisements from Internet Explorer
By resetting Internet Explorer web-browser you revert back your web-browser settings to its default state. This is basic when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by adware software that cause intrusive Mekiroki.com popup ads.
First, run the IE. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” as displayed in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown in the following example. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.
Remove Mekiroki.com popups from Chrome
Reset Chrome settings can allow you solve some problems caused by adware and get rid of Mekiroki.com popups from internet browser. This will also disable malicious extensions as well as clear cookies and site data. It’ll keep your personal information such as browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
- First, run the Google Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed addons. If the list has the add-on labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset settings dialog box as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Automatic Removal of Mekiroki.com ads
Malware removal utilities are pretty effective when you think your PC system is infected by adware software. Below we’ll discover best tools that can remove adware and Mekiroki.com advertisements from your computer and web browser.
How to delete Mekiroki.com advertisements with Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM)
You can download and use the Zemana Free for free. This anti-malware tool will scan all the registry keys and files in your computer along with the system settings and browser extensions. If it finds any malicious software, adware or malicious add-on that is responsible for redirecting your web-browser to Mekiroki.com web-page then the Zemana will delete them from your device completely.
Visit the following page to download Zemana AntiMalware. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
After the downloading process is complete, close all windows on your PC system. Further, launch the install file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as displayed in the figure below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” which will allow you install Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) on the device. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once setup is complete successfully, Zemana will automatically launch and you can see its main window as shown on the image below.
Next, press the “Scan” button . Zemana application will scan through the whole PC system for the adware that causes multiple unwanted pop-ups. This procedure may take some time, so please be patient. During the scan Zemana will find threats exist on your computer.
After the scan get finished, Zemana will open you the results. Review the scan results and then click “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will remove adware software which cause annoying Mekiroki.com ads. After disinfection is finished, you can be prompted to restart your PC system.
Remove Mekiroki.com pop up ads from internet browsers with Hitman Pro
Hitman Pro frees your PC from hijackers, potentially unwanted applications, unwanted toolbars, web-browser addons and other unwanted apps like adware related to the Mekiroki.com advertisements. The free removal utility will help you enjoy your device to its fullest. Hitman Pro uses advanced behavioral detection technologies to look for if there are undesired software in your personal computer. You can review the scan results, and choose the threats you want to uninstall.
- Download Hitman Pro by clicking on the link below. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When the downloading process is finished, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this utility is launched, press “Next” button for scanning your PC system for the adware that cause popups. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your device and the speed of your computer. During the scan Hitman Pro will scan for threats present on your PC.
- When the scanning is complete, Hitman Pro will open a list of found threats. Make sure to check mark the items that are unsafe and then click “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
Remove Mekiroki.com popups with MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM)
Trying to remove Mekiroki.com popup advertisements can become a battle of wills between the adware infection and you. MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) can be a powerful ally, deleting most of today’s adware, malicious software and potentially unwanted programs with ease. Here’s how to use MalwareBytes Anti Malware will help you win.
- Download MalwareBytes Free on your Microsoft Windows Desktop from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once downloading is complete, please close all apps and open windows on your personal computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBSetup.
- This will run the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes onto your device. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Anti Malware will launch and show the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button . MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) application will scan through the whole PC for the adware software which causes unwanted Mekiroki.com popups. Depending on your computer, the scan may take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the MalwareBytes Free tool is checking, you may see count of objects it has identified as being affected by malicious software.
- When MalwareBytes has completed scanning your PC system, MalwareBytes Free will produce a list of unwanted software and adware.
- Review the report and then click the “Quarantine” button. When that process is complete, you may be prompted to reboot the device.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Stop Mekiroki.com pop-ups
If you want to remove intrusive advertisements, internet browser redirects and pop-ups, then install an ad blocking application like AdGuard. It can block Mekiroki.com, advertisements, pop-ups and stop web pages from tracking your online activities when using the Microsoft Edge, IE, Google Chrome and Firefox. So, if you like browse the Internet, but you don’t like intrusive ads and want to protect your PC system from harmful webpages, then the AdGuard is your best choice.
Visit the following page to download the latest version of AdGuard for MS Windows. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as displayed in the following example.
Follow the prompts. After the setup is finished, you will see a window as shown on the image below.
You can click “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Mekiroki.com, as well as other harmful or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which may be found on your desktop.
To sum up
Now your PC system should be clean of the adware software related to the Mekiroki.com pop-up ads. We suggest that you keep Zemana Free (to periodically scan your PC for new adware softwares and other malicious software) and AdGuard (to help you block annoying popups and harmful web-pages). Moreover, to prevent any adware software, please stay clear of unknown and third party software, make sure that your antivirus application, turn on the option to locate PUPs.
If you need more help with Mekiroki.com ads related issues, go to here.