The computer security experts have determined that Topwwnews.com is a web-site which is used to lure you and other unsuspecting victims into signing up for push notifications from this or similar web-sites that will in turn bombard users with unwanted adverts usually related to adware, adult web pages and other click fraud schemes. It will display the ‘Show notifications’ popup that attempts to get you to click the ‘Allow’ button to subscribe to its notifications.
Once enabled, the Topwwnews.com spam notifications will start popping up in the right bottom corner of the screen occasionally and spam the user with annoying adverts. The browser notification spam will essentially be ads for ‘free’ online games, prize & lottery scams, dubious browser extensions, adult web-sites, and fake software as on the image below.
The best way to delete Topwwnews.com push notifications open the web-browser’s settings and follow the Topwwnews.com removal guide below. Once you remove notifications subscription, the Topwwnews.com pop ups ads will no longer show on the desktop.
|Type||spam notifications ads, pop-up ads, pop-up virus, popups|
|Distribution||adware software, social engineering attack, shady popup ads, PUPs|
|Removal||Topwwnews.com removal guide|
Where the Topwwnews.com popups comes from
Some research has shown that users can be redirected to Topwwnews.com from suspicious ads or by PUPs and adware. Adware can cause problems for your computer. Adware can show annoying advertisements on your computer screen so that your cannot block them, reroute your internet browser to unsafe web-pages, and it can cause undesired web pages to pop up on your internet browser. Adware software might end up on your personal computer after you download and install free programs from a dubious webpage.
In many cases, a free programs installer includes third-party software such as this adware. So, be very careful when you agree to install anything. The best way – is to select a Custom, Advanced or Manual installation type. Here uncheck all bundled apps in which you are unsure or that causes even a slightest suspicion. The main thing you should remember, you don’t need to install any third-party apps which you do not trust!
Below we are discussing the methods which are very effective in uninstalling adware. The guide will also assist you to delete Topwwnews.com pop-ups from your internet browser for free.
How to remove Topwwnews.com pop-ups (removal steps)
In many cases adware software requires more than a simple uninstall with the help of Windows Control panel in order to be fully removed. For that reason, our team designed several removal solutions which we’ve summarized in a detailed instructions. Therefore, if you have the intrusive Topwwnews.com advertisements on your computer and are currently trying to have it removed then feel free to follow the few simple steps below in order to resolve your problem. Certain of the steps below will require you to shut down this web site. So, please read the instructions carefully, after that bookmark it or open it on your smartphone for later reference.
To remove Topwwnews.com pop ups, perform the steps below:
- How to manually remove Topwwnews.com
- Automatic Removal of Topwwnews.com pop-ups
- Run AdBlocker to block Topwwnews.com and stay safe online
- To sum up
How to manually remove Topwwnews.com
The step-by-step guidance will allow you manually remove Topwwnews.com ads from a personal computer. If you have little experience in using computers, we advise that you use the free tools listed below.
Delete recently installed adware
We recommend that you start the device cleaning process by checking the list of installed software and uninstall all unknown or questionable apps. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the harmful programs such as adware and hijackers may be bundled with freeware. Uninstall the unwanted programs can remove the annoying ads or web-browser redirect.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and press “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, press “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will show a list of all applications installed on the device.
- Scroll through the all list, and uninstall dubious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort applications by date.
See more details in the video guidance below.
Remove Topwwnews.com notifications from internet browsers
If you are in situation where you don’t want to see spam notifications from the Topwwnews.com website. In this case, you can turn off web notifications for your web browser in MS Windows/Mac/Android. Find your web-browser in the list below, follow guidance to delete internet browser permissions to show spam notifications.
Delete Topwwnews.com from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
The Firefox reset will delete redirects to unwanted Topwwnews.com webpage, modified preferences, extensions and security settings. Essential information such as bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, cookies, auto-fill data and personal dictionaries will not be removed.
First, open the Firefox and click button. It will show the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Further, click the Help button () as on the image below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the image below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will show the confirmation prompt. Further, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will start a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the Topwwnews.com adware software. When, it is done, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Topwwnews.com pop-ups from Google Chrome
If your Google Chrome browser is redirected to unwanted Topwwnews.com web page, it may be necessary to completely reset your internet browser application to its default settings.
- First start the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed addons. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is done, your web-browser’s newtab, search provider by default and startpage will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove Topwwnews.com pop-ups from Internet Explorer
By resetting Microsoft Internet Explorer internet browser you return your web browser settings to its default state. This is good initial when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by adware software which cause popups.
First, run the IE, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” such as the one below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The Internet Explorer will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your PC for the changes to take effect. It will remove adware that cause intrusive Topwwnews.com popup ads, disable malicious and ad-supported browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings like new tab page, default search engine and start page to default state.
Automatic Removal of Topwwnews.com pop-ups
Manual removal tutorial does not always help to completely get rid of the adware software, as it’s not easy to identify and get rid of components of adware and all malicious files from hard disk. Therefore, it’s recommended that you run malware removal utility to completely get rid of Topwwnews.com off your web browser. Several free malicious software removal utilities are currently available that can be used against the adware. The optimum solution would be to run Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM), MalwareBytes and HitmanPro.
Remove Topwwnews.com ads with Zemana
Zemana Free is a malware scanner that is very effective for detecting and uninstalling adware that causes Topwwnews.com pop-ups in your web browser. The steps below will explain how to download, install, and use Zemana Anti Malware to scan and remove malicious software, spyware, adware, potentially unwanted applications, hijackers from your device for free.
First, click the link below, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Zemana AntiMalware.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
When downloading is done, close all applications and windows on your PC. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup as shown below.
When the installation starts, you will see the “Setup wizard” which will help you install Zemana Anti-Malware on your computer.
Once installation is done, you will see window like below.
Now click the “Scan” button to start scanning your device for the adware software that cause unwanted Topwwnews.com pop-ups. Depending on your PC, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the Zemana Anti Malware program is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
When Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) is done scanning your computer, you’ll be displayed the list of all detected threats on your device. Review the scan results and then click “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti-Malware will delete adware that causes Topwwnews.com pop-ups and move the selected threats to the Quarantine.
Use HitmanPro to delete Topwwnews.com popups
Hitman Pro is a free removal tool. It removes potentially unwanted software, adware, hijackers and unwanted web-browser add-ons. It’ll identify and delete adware that cause popups. Hitman Pro uses very small computer resources and is a portable program. Moreover, Hitman Pro does add another layer of malware protection.
- Installing the HitmanPro is simple. First you’ll need to download HitmanPro by clicking on the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After the downloading process is done, launch the Hitman Pro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, press the “Next” to begin checking your PC for the adware software related to the Topwwnews.com advertisements. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. While the tool is checking, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- When Hitman Pro is done scanning your computer, HitmanPro will open you the results. Review the report and then press “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to delete all malware found.
How to get rid of Topwwnews.com with MalwareBytes Anti Malware
Get rid of Topwwnews.com pop ups manually is difficult and often the adware software is not completely removed. Therefore, we suggest you to use the MalwareBytes that are completely clean your PC system. Moreover, this free application will help you to delete malware, PUPs, toolbars and hijackers that your PC system may be infected too.
- Installing the MalwareBytes AntiMalware is simple. First you will need to download MalwareBytes Free by clicking on the following link. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- Once the downloading process is complete, close all programs and windows on your PC system. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBsetup.
- Select “Personal computer” option and click Install button. Follow the prompts.
- Once installation is done, click the “Scan” button to begin scanning your PC system for the adware that causes Topwwnews.com advertisements in your web browser. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC. While the tool is checking, you may see count of objects and files has already scanned.
- Once finished, it will display the Scan Results. In order to remove all items, simply click “Quarantine”. Once the task is complete, you can be prompted to restart your personal computer.
The following video offers a few simple steps on how to get rid of browser hijackers, adware software and other malware with MalwareBytes Anti Malware.
Run AdBlocker to block Topwwnews.com and stay safe online
To put it simply, you need to use an ad-blocker tool (AdGuard, for example). It’ll block and protect you from all unwanted websites such as Topwwnews.com, advertisements and pop-ups. To be able to do that, the adblocker program uses a list of filters. Each filter is a rule that describes a malicious web site, an advertising content, a banner and others. The ad blocking application automatically uses these filters, depending on the web-sites you’re visiting.
Download AdGuard on your computer from the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown on the screen below.
Follow the prompts. After the setup is finished, you will see a window as shown on the screen below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your device, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired ads, block Topwwnews.com, as well as other malicious or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
To sum up
Now your computer should be free of the adware responsible for Topwwnews.com pop-up ads. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted popup advertisements and intrusive malicious web-pages) and Zemana Free (to periodically scan your computer for new malware, hijackers and adware software). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new browser hijackers, harmful apps and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Topwwnews.com advertisements from your internet browser, then ask for help here.