The computer security professionals have determined that Richinfo.co popups are a social engineering attack which lures users to accept spam notifications via the web browser. This web site will show the ‘Show notifications’ confirmation request that attempts to get the user to click the ‘Allow’ button to subscribe to its notifications.
Once you click on the ‘Allow’ button, then your browser will be configured to display unwanted ads on your desktop, even when the browser is closed. The creators of Richinfo.co use these push notifications to bypass pop-up blocker and therefore show a large count of unwanted advertisements. These ads are used to promote dubious browser extensions, fake prizes scams, fake software, and adult web pages.
The best method to unsubscribe from Richinfo.co browser notification spam open your browser’s settings and complete the Richinfo.co removal tutorial below. Once you remove Richinfo.co subscription, the browser notification spam will no longer appear on your web-browser.
|Name||Richinfo.co pop up|
|Type||push notifications ads, popup virus, popup ads, pop ups|
|Distribution||PUPs, adware software, social engineering attack, suspicious pop-up ads|
|Removal||Richinfo.co removal guide|
Where the Richinfo.co pop-ups comes from
Some research has shown that users can be redirected to Richinfo.co from malicious advertisements or by potentially unwanted applications and adware software. Adware is form of unwanted software that shows pop-up and notification-style ads based on your’s surfing history. Adware software may hijack the advertisements of other companies with its own. Most commonly, adware will track your surfing habits and report this info to its developers.
Most of unwanted ads and pop-ups come from internet browser toolbars and/or addons, BHOs (browser helper objects) and bundled apps. Most often, these items claim itself as software which improve your experience on the World Wide Web by providing a fast and interactive home page or a search engine that does not track you. Remember, how to avoid the unwanted software. Be cautious, launch only reputable programs which download from reputable sources. NEVER install any unknown and dubious programs.
We strongly recommend that you perform the steps below which will assist you to delete Richinfo.co popup ads using the standard features of Windows and some proven free software.
How to remove Richinfo.co advertisements (removal instructions)
There are several steps to removing the adware which cause pop-ups, because it installs itself so deeply into MS Windows. You need to uninstall all suspicious and unknown programs, then remove malicious add-ons from the MS Edge, Firefox, IE and Google Chrome and other browsers you’ve installed. Finally, you need to reset your web browser settings to remove any changes the adware software has made, and then scan your PC with Zemana Anti-Malware, MalwareBytes or HitmanPro to ensure the adware software is fully removed. It will take a while.
To remove Richinfo.co pop ups, use the following steps:
- How to manually remove Richinfo.co
- Automatic Removal of Richinfo.co popup advertisements
- How to block Richinfo.co
- Finish words
How to manually remove Richinfo.co
Looking for a method to get rid of Richinfo.co popup ads manually without installing any tools? Then this section of the post is just for you. Below are some simple steps you can take. Performing these steps requires basic knowledge of web browser and Windows setup. If you doubt that you can follow them, it is better to use free applications listed below that can help you remove Richinfo.co ads.
Remove suspicious programs using MS Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to identify and delete the program that causes the appearance of unwanted ads or internet browser redirect, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, click the Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, click “Start” and select “Control Panel”.
It will show the Windows Control Panel such as the one below.
Next, press “Uninstall a program”
It will show a list of all applications installed on your device. Scroll through the all list, and remove any questionable and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort apps by date in the Control panel.
Remove Richinfo.co notifications from internet browsers
If you are in situation where you don’t want to see push notifications from the Richinfo.co webpage. In this case, you can turn off web notifications for your web browser in Microsoft Windows/Mac OS/Android. Find your web-browser in the list below, follow steps to get rid of browser permissions to show browser notification spam.
- In the top-right corner of the screen, click on Google Chrome’s main menu button, represented by three vertical dots.
- When the drop-down menu appears, click on ‘Settings’. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on ‘Advanced’.
- When the drop-down menu appears, tap ‘Settings’. Scroll down to ‘Advanced’.
- Click on ‘Notifications’.
- Click ‘three dots’ button on the right hand side of Richinfo.co URL or other rogue notifications and click ‘Remove’.
- Open Chrome.
- In the top right hand corner, tap on Google Chrome’s main menu button, represented by three vertical dots.
- In the menu tap ‘Settings’, scroll down to ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Site Settings’, tap on ‘Notifications’, find the Richinfo.co site and tap on it.
- Tap the ‘Clean & Reset’ button and confirm.
- In the top-right corner, click the Firefox menu (three horizontal stripes).
- Select ‘Options’ and click on ‘Privacy & Security’ on the left hand side of the browser window.
- Scroll down to the ‘Permissions’ section and click the ‘Settings’ button next to ‘Notifications’.
- In the opened window, locate Richinfo.co URL, other dubious sites, click the drop-down menu and choose ‘Block’.
- Save changes.
- In the top right hand corner, click on the three dots to expand the Edge menu.
- Scroll down to ‘Settings’. In the menu on the left go to ‘Advanced’.
- Click ‘Manage permissions’ button, located beneath ‘Website permissions’.
- Disable the on switch for the Richinfo.co.
- In the top right corner of the window, click on the menu button (gear icon).
- Go to ‘Internet Options’ in the menu.
- Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab and select ‘Settings’ in the pop-up blockers section.
- Locate the Richinfo.co URL and click the ‘Remove’ button to remove the URL.
- On the top menu select ‘Safari’, then ‘Preferences’.
- Select the ‘Websites’ tab and then select ‘Notifications’ section on the left panel.
- Find the Richinfo.co URL and select it, click the ‘Deny’ button.
Remove Richinfo.co ads from Mozilla Firefox
The Mozilla Firefox reset will delete redirects to annoying Richinfo.co web-site, modified preferences, extensions and security settings. It will keep your personal information like browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
First, launch the Firefox and click button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Further, press the Help button () as displayed in the following example.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the screen below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will display the confirmation prompt. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the Richinfo.co adware. When, it is complete, click the “Finish” button.
Get rid of Richinfo.co popup advertisements from Internet Explorer
The IE reset is great if your browser is hijacked or you have unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your internet browser, that installed by an malware.
First, open the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will display the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web-browser, then press the “Internet Options” similar to the one below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button like below.
After the procedure is finished, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and restart your PC for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your browser’s default search provider, home page and new tab page to default state.
Remove Richinfo.co advertisements from Chrome
Resetting Chrome to default values is effective in removing the Richinfo.co popup advertisements from your internet browser. This solution is always useful to perform if you have difficulty in removing changes caused by adware.
- First, launch the Google Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset settings prompt as on the image above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Automatic Removal of Richinfo.co popup advertisements
If the Richinfo.co pop up ads are still there, the situation is more serious. But do not worry. There are several tools which are created to scan for and get rid of adware from your web browser and personal computer. If you are looking for a free solution to adware removal, then Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) is a good option. Also you can get Hitman Pro and MalwareBytes Free. Both programs also available for free unlimited scanning and for removal of detected malware, adware software and PUPs.
How to delete Richinfo.co pop up advertisements with Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM)
Zemana Free is a free tool that performs a scan of your computer and displays if there are existing adware, browser hijackers, viruses, worms, spyware, trojans and other malicious software residing on your device. If malicious software is detected, Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) can automatically remove it. Zemana Free doesn’t conflict with other anti malware and antivirus software installed on your PC system.
- Installing the Zemana Anti-Malware is simple. First you will need to download Zemana on your PC by clicking on the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once you have downloaded the setup file, make sure to double click on the Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. This would start the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) install on your PC.
- Select install language and click ‘OK’ button.
- On the next screen ‘Setup Wizard’ simply click the ‘Next’ button and follow the prompts.
- Finally, once the setup is done, Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will open automatically. Else, if doesn’t then double-click on the Zemana icon on your desktop.
- Now that you have successfully install Zemana Free, let’s see How to use Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) to delete Richinfo.co pop-ups from your computer.
- After you have launched the Zemana Free, you’ll see a window as on the image below, just press ‘Scan’ button to start checking your personal computer for the adware.
- Now pay attention to the screen while Zemana scans your computer.
- After finished, Zemana AntiMalware will show a list of detected threats. Next, you need to press ‘Next’ button.
- Zemana may require a reboot computer in order to complete the Richinfo.co pop-up advertisements removal procedure.
- If you want to permanently delete adware software from your PC system, then press ‘Quarantine’ icon, select all malicious software, adware, PUPs and other threats and click Delete.
- Reboot your personal computer to complete the adware removal procedure.
Remove Richinfo.co popup advertisements and malicious extensions with HitmanPro
HitmanPro will help delete adware software that causes Richinfo.co popups in your web-browser that slow down your computer. The browser hijackers, adware and other PUPs slow your browser down and try to mislead you into clicking on misleading advertisements and links. Hitman Pro removes the adware and lets you enjoy your device without Richinfo.co pop ups.
Hitman Pro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Download and run Hitman Pro on your device. Once started, click “Next” button to perform a system scan for the adware software which cause popups. When a malicious software, adware or PUPs are detected, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. .
When that process is complete, HitmanPro will create a list of unwanted apps and adware software.
You may delete threats (move to Quarantine) by simply press Next button.
It will show a prompt, press the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Remove Richinfo.co popups with MalwareBytes Anti Malware
We recommend using the MalwareBytes. You can download and install MalwareBytes AntiMalware to detect adware and thereby remove Richinfo.co popups from your browsers. When installed and updated, this free malicious software remover automatically finds and deletes all threats exist on the device.
Please go to the link below to download MalwareBytes. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once downloading is finished, close all apps and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBSetup as shown in the following example.
When the installation begins, you’ll see the Setup wizard that will help you install Malwarebytes on your computer.
Once installation is finished, you will see window as displayed below.
Now press the “Scan” button to start scanning your PC system for the adware that causes Richinfo.co popups in your internet browser. This process may take quite a while, so please be patient. When a malicious software, adware or potentially unwanted apps are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
Once finished, MalwareBytes will show a list of all threats found by the scan. Once you have selected what you wish to remove from your computer click “Quarantine” button.
The Malwarebytes will now begin to get rid of adware software that cause undesired Richinfo.co advertisements. After finished, you may be prompted to reboot your PC system.
The following video explains few simple steps on how to remove hijacker, adware software and other malicious software with MalwareBytes.
How to block Richinfo.co
The AdGuard is a very good ad-blocker application for the Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Microsoft Edge, with active user support. It does a great job by removing certain types of annoying ads, popunders, pop-ups, unwanted new tabs, and even full page ads and website overlay layers. Of course, the AdGuard can stop the Richinfo.co popup ads automatically or by using a custom filter rule.
- Please go to the following link to download AdGuard. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the downloading process is done, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC system, AdGuard will run automatically and stop unwanted ads, block Richinfo.co, as well as other harmful or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, which may be found on your desktop.
Now your PC system should be free of the adware related to the Richinfo.co pop ups. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted advertisements and unwanted harmful web sites) and Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your PC for new malware, browser hijackers and adware software). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new browser hijackers, harmful apps and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Richinfo.co pop ups from your internet browser, then ask for help here.