Dicpurchf.top is a web site which uses social engineering methods to trick unsuspecting users into registering for its browser notification spam so that it can deliver unwanted ads directly to the screen. It displays the message ‘Click Allow to’ (watch a video, connect to the Internet, access the content of the web page, enable Flash Player, download a file), asking you to subscribe to notifications.
Once you click on the ‘Allow’, the Dicpurchf.top web site starts sending lots of push notifications on your your screen. You will see the pop up adverts even when your browser is closed. The authors of Dicpurchf.top use these push notifications to bypass protection against popups in the browser and therefore display lots of unwanted advertisements. These ads are used to promote suspicious internet browser plugins, prize & lottery scams, fake downloads, and adult web sites.
The best way to remove Dicpurchf.top browser notification spam open the web-browser’s settings and complete the Dicpurchf.top removal instructions below. Once you remove notifications subscription, the Dicpurchf.top popups advertisements will no longer display on your desktop.
|push notifications ads, pop ups, popup virus, pop up advertisements
|social engineering attack, shady popup advertisements, adware, potentially unwanted applications
|Dicpurchf.top removal guide
How did you get infected with Dicpurchf.top popups
These Dicpurchf.top pop ups are caused by misleading advertisements on the websites you visit or adware. Adware software is undesired software developed to throw advertisements up on your browser screen. Adware generates revenue for its creator by randomly showing a huge number of advertisements and popup deals. You might experience a change in your home page or search provider, new tabs opening or even a redirect to shady web sites.
These days some free applications developers bundle PUPs or adware with a view to making some money. These are not freeware as install an unwanted applications on to your Windows PC system. So whenever you install a new free software that downloaded from the Net, be very careful during installation. Carefully read the EULA (a text with I ACCEPT/I DECLINE button), choose custom or manual install mode, uncheck all bundled apps.
If the Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge have been infected by the adware, you must have complete the steps below. Once you have removed Dicpurchf.top pop up advertisements from your device by following our step-by-step guidance below, make sure not to commit the same mistakes again in the future.
How to remove Dicpurchf.top ads from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
There are several steps to deleting the adware software that cause pop ups, because it installs itself so deeply into Microsoft Windows. You need to delete all suspicious and unknown programs, then remove harmful extensions from the Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Chrome and other web browsers you’ve installed. Finally, you need to reset your web browser settings to remove any changes the adware has made, and then check your device with Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM), MalwareBytes AntiMalware or Hitman Pro to ensure the adware is fully removed. It will take a while.
To remove Dicpurchf.top pop ups, follow the steps below:
- Manual Dicpurchf.top advertisements removal
- Automatic Removal of Dicpurchf.top advertisements
- Use AdBlocker to stop Dicpurchf.top popup advertisements and stay safe online
- To sum up
Manual Dicpurchf.top advertisements removal
In this section of the post, we have posted the steps that will help to get rid of Dicpurchf.top pop ups manually. Although compared to removal utilities, this method loses in time, but you don’t need to download anything on your computer. It will be enough for you to follow the detailed guide with pictures. We tried to describe each step in detail, but if you realized that you might not be able to figure it out, or simply do not want to change the MS Windows and web-browser settings, then it’s better for you to run utilities from trusted developers, which are listed below.
Delete newly added potentially unwanted software
One of the first things to attempt for removal of adware is to check your computer installed applications screen and look for undesired and suspicious programs. If there are any apps you do not recognize or are no longer using, you should uninstall them. If that doesn’t work, then you may need to run adware removal utility such as Zemana.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows button, next press Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will display a list of all programs installed on the personal computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove questionable and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed apps, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video guide below.
Remove Dicpurchf.top notifications from web-browsers
If you’re in situation where you don’t want to see push notifications from the Dicpurchf.top webpage. In this case, you can turn off web notifications for your web browser in Microsoft Windows/Mac/Android. Find your browser in the list below, follow tutorial to remove web browser permissions to show spam notifications.
- Just copy and paste the following text into the address bar of Google Chrome.
- Press Enter.
- Delete the Dicpurchf.top site and other rogue notifications by clicking three vertical dots button next to each and selecting ‘Remove’.
- Tap ‘Settings’.
- Tap ‘Notifications’.
- Find and tap the internet browser that shows Dicpurchf.top spam notifications advertisements.
- Locate Dicpurchf.top URL, other rogue notifications and set the toggle button to ‘OFF’ on them one-by-one.
- Click the Menu button (three bars) on the top right corner of the Firefox window.
- Go to ‘Options’, and Select ‘Privacy & Security’ on the left side of the window.
- Scroll down to the ‘Permissions’ section and click the ‘Settings’ button next to ‘Notifications’.
- Select the Dicpurchf.top domain from the list and change the status to ‘Block’.
- Save changes.
- In the top right hand corner, click on the three dots to expand the Edge menu.
- Scroll down, locate and click ‘Settings’. In the left side select ‘Advanced’.
- Click ‘Manage permissions’ button below ‘Website permissions’.
- Right-click the Dicpurchf.top. Click ‘Delete’.
- Click the Gear button on the top right hand corner of the Internet Explorer.
- In the drop-down menu select ‘Internet Options’.
- Select the ‘Privacy’ tab and click ‘Settings under ‘Pop-up Blocker’ section.
- Find the Dicpurchf.top domain and click the ‘Remove’ button to remove the domain.
- On the top menu select ‘Safari’, then ‘Preferences’.
- Select the ‘Websites’ tab and then select ‘Notifications’ section on the left panel.
- Locate the Dicpurchf.top site and select it, click the ‘Deny’ button.
Delete Dicpurchf.top from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web browser settings
If the Mozilla Firefox web browser is redirected to Dicpurchf.top and you want to recover the Firefox settings back to their default values, then you should follow the step-by-step guidance below. It will keep your personal information like browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
First, run the Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, press the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed below.
Confirm your action, press the “Refresh Firefox”.
Get rid of Dicpurchf.top pop ups from Internet Explorer
In order to restore all web browser newtab, startpage and search provider you need to reset the IE to the state, that was when the MS Windows was installed on your computer.
First, launch the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Next, press the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” such as the one below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window like below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Remove Dicpurchf.top popups from Google Chrome
Resetting Chrome to original settings is effective in deleting the Dicpurchf.top advertisements from your web-browser. This solution is always useful to follow if you have difficulty in removing changes caused by adware software.
- First run the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is finished, your internet browser’s default search provider, home page and newtab will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Automatic Removal of Dicpurchf.top advertisements
Manual removal is not always as effective as you might think. Often, even the most experienced users may not fully remove adware software that cause pop-ups. So, we suggest to scan your personal computer for any remaining harmful components with free adware removal programs below.
Use Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) to get rid of Dicpurchf.top pop ups
You can download and use the Zemana Free for free. This antimalware tool will scan all the Microsoft Windows registry keys and files in your PC system along with the system settings and browser extensions. If it finds any malicious software, adware or harmful extension that is responsible for redirects to Dicpurchf.top then the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will get rid of them from your computer completely.
First, visit the page linked below, then press the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM).
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
Once the download is finished, close all applications and windows on your device. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup as shown on the screen below.
When the install begins, you will see the “Setup wizard” which will allow you set up Zemana Free on your device.
Once install is complete, you will see window such as the one below.
Now press the “Scan” button for scanning your computer for the adware software which causes unwanted Dicpurchf.top pop up advertisements. During the scan Zemana will search for threats present on your computer.
When Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) is complete scanning your personal computer, the results are displayed in the scan report. Once you have selected what you want to delete from your personal computer click “Next” button.
The Zemana will get rid of adware software that causes unwanted Dicpurchf.top ads and move the selected items to the Quarantine.
Delete Dicpurchf.top ads from internet browsers with HitmanPro
Hitman Pro is a free removal tool. It deletes potentially unwanted applications, adware, hijackers and undesired web browser extensions. It’ll identify and remove adware software that causes Dicpurchf.top advertisements. Hitman Pro uses very small computer resources and is a portable application. Moreover, HitmanPro does add another layer of malware protection.
- Download HitmanPro by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once the downloading process is complete, double click the HitmanPro icon. Once this tool is started, click “Next” button to begin checking your computer for the adware that causes Dicpurchf.top ads in your web browser. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. During the scan Hitman Pro will search for threats present on your personal computer.
- After Hitman Pro has completed scanning, you’ll be displayed the list of all found items on your device. Make sure all threats have ‘checkmark’ and press “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
Remove Dicpurchf.top pop-up ads with MalwareBytes Anti Malware
Manual Dicpurchf.top popup ads removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware software can be not completely removed. We suggest that use the MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) that are completely clean your PC of adware software. Moreover, the free program will allow you to get rid of malicious software, PUPs, hijackers and toolbars that your personal computer can be infected too.
Installing the MalwareBytes AntiMalware is simple. First you will need to download MalwareBytes Free on your MS Windows Desktop from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
After the downloading process is complete, close all windows on your PC. Further, open the file named MBSetup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as shown on the screen below, click the “Yes” button.
It will display the Setup wizard that will help you setup MalwareBytes Free on the computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once setup is complete successfully, press “Get Started” button. Then MalwareBytes will automatically start and you can see its main window as shown in the figure below.
Next, press the “Scan” button to search for adware responsible for Dicpurchf.top pop up advertisements. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your personal computer. While the MalwareBytes AntiMalware is checking, you may see count of objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
As the scanning ends, the results are displayed in the scan report. Review the scan results and then click “Quarantine” button.
The MalwareBytes will remove adware that causes Dicpurchf.top ads. When that process is finished, you can be prompted to reboot your PC. We recommend you look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the MalwareBytes to remove browser hijackers, adware and other malicious software.
Use AdBlocker to stop Dicpurchf.top popup advertisements and stay safe online
To put it simply, you need to use an ad blocker utility (AdGuard, for example). It’ll block and protect you from all intrusive websites such as Dicpurchf.top, ads and pop-ups. To be able to do that, the adblocker program uses a list of filters. Each filter is a rule that describes a malicious web-site, an advertising content, a banner and others. The ad blocking program automatically uses these filters, depending on the web sites you are visiting.
AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as displayed in the figure below.
Follow the prompts. Once the installation is finished, you will see a window as displayed below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your computer, AdGuard will run automatically and stop unwanted ads, block Dicpurchf.top, as well as other harmful or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that can be found on your desktop.
To sum up
Once you’ve complete the steps outlined above, your device should be clean from adware software related to the Dicpurchf.top ads and other malicious software. The Microsoft Internet Explorer, Edge, Firefox and Chrome will no longer redirect you to various undesired web pages such as Dicpurchf.top. Unfortunately, if the steps does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help here.