Are you facing a problem with the Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and MS Edge web-browsers that constantly redirects to a questionable web page called Search-land.com? Then, there are chances that are your device is hijacked by adware (sometimes named ‘ad-supported’ software). Adware can cause problems for your device. Adware can show unwanted adverts on your web browser so that your cannot block them, redirect your web browser to misleading web pages, and it can cause undesired web-sites to pop up on your web-browser. Adware might end up on your PC system after you download and install free programs from a dubious webpage.
Even worse, adware is often harmless, but sometimes the adware software you inadvertently download can also be spyware. Spyware can sometimes seek out your personal data stored on the personal computer, collect this information and use it to steal your identity.
|Type||adware, PUP (potentially unwanted program), popup advertisements, pop ups, popup virus|
|Removal||Search-land.com removal guide|
How does Adware get on your PC
To find out how to get rid of Search-land.com redirect, we recommend to read the few simple steps added to this blog post below. The tutorial was created by experienced security specialists who discovered a method to remove the annoying adware out of the device.
How to remove Search-land.com redirect from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
In the instructions below we will have a look at the adware and how to delete Search-land.com from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge browsers for Windows OS, natively or by using a few free removal tools. Read it once, after doing so, please bookmark this page (or open it on your smartphone) as you may need to shut down your web-browser or restart your PC.
To remove Search-land.com, use the following steps:
- Manual Search-land.com redirect removal
- Automatic Removal of Search-land.com redirect
- Use AdBlocker to stop Search-land.com redirect and stay safe online
- To sum up
Manual Search-land.com redirect removal
Looking for a way to delete Search-land.com redirect manually without installing any applications? Then this section of the article is just for you. Below are some simple steps you can take. Performing these steps requires basic knowledge of web-browser and Microsoft Windows setup. If you are not sure that you can follow them, it is better to use free utilities listed below that can help you remove Search-land.com redirect.
Delete questionable software using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
Some of potentially unwanted programs, adware and hijackers can be deleted using the Add/Remove programs tool that can be found in the Microsoft Windows Control Panel. So, if you’re using any version of Microsoft Windows and you have noticed an unwanted application, then first try to delete it through Add/Remove programs.
|Windows 7||Windows 8|
|Windows 10||Mac OS|
Remove Search-land.com redirect from Mozilla Firefox
Resetting Mozilla Firefox internet browser will reset all the settings to their default state and will remove Search-land.com redirect, malicious add-ons and extensions. It will save your personal information such as saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
First, start the Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button like below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Search-land.com redirect from Chrome
Resetting Chrome to default state is helpful in removing the Search-land.com redirect from your web-browser. This method is always helpful to complete if you have difficulty in removing changes caused by adware.
- First, launch the Google Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset settings prompt as on the image above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Delete Search-land.com redirect from IE
The Microsoft Internet Explorer reset is great if your browser is hijacked or you have unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your browser, that installed by an malicious software.
First, start the IE, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then press the “Internet Options” as shown on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as shown below.
After the process is complete, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and restart your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web-browser’s new tab page, homepage and search engine by default to default state.
Automatic Removal of Search-land.com redirect
Manual removal is not always as effective as you might think. Often, even the most experienced users can not fully remove adware software responsible for Search-land.com redirect. So, we recommend to scan your PC for any remaining harmful components with free adware removal programs below.
Get rid of Search-land.com redirect with Zemana Free
Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) is a free utility that performs a scan of your PC and displays if there are existing adware, browser hijackers, viruses, worms, spyware, trojans and other malicious software residing on your PC. If malicious software is found, Zemana Anti Malware can automatically remove it. Zemana doesn’t conflict with other antimalware and antivirus programs installed on your PC system.
- Installing the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) is simple. First you’ll need to download Zemana Free on your Windows Desktop by clicking on the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once you have downloaded the installation file, make sure to double click on the Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. This would start the Zemana Free setup on your computer.
- Select installation language and click ‘OK’ button.
- On the next screen ‘Setup Wizard’ simply click the ‘Next’ button and follow the prompts.
- Finally, once the installation is finished, Zemana Free will start automatically. Else, if does not then double-click on the Zemana Free icon on your desktop.
- Now that you have successfully install Zemana Free, let’s see How to use Zemana Free to delete Search-land.com redirect from your computer.
- After you have opened the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM), you’ll see a window as displayed on the screen below, just press ‘Scan’ button . Zemana Anti Malware program will scan through the whole personal computer for the adware.
- Now pay attention to the screen while Zemana scans your personal computer.
- When finished, Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) will open a list of detected items. Review the report and then press ‘Next’ button.
- Zemana may require a restart computer in order to complete the Search-land.com redirect removal procedure.
- If you want to permanently remove adware from your personal computer, then click ‘Quarantine’ icon, select all malicious software, adware software, PUPs and other items and click Delete.
- Reboot your PC to complete the adware software removal procedure.
Use Hitman Pro to remove Search-land.com redirect
Hitman Pro is a completely free (30 day trial) tool. You do not need expensive methods to remove adware responsible for Search-land.com redirect and other malicious applications. Hitman Pro will remove all the unwanted software like adware and hijackers for free.
Visit the page linked below to download HitmanPro. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Download and run Hitman Pro on your computer. Once started, click “Next” button to search for adware responsible for Search-land.com redirect. Depending on your device, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a malware, adware or PUPs are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is complete..
Once HitmanPro has completed scanning, it will open the Scan Results.
When you are ready, click Next button.
It will open a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
Use MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) to get rid of Search-land.com redirect
We advise using the MalwareBytes which are fully clean your device of the adware. The free tool is an advanced malware removal program designed by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This application uses the world’s most popular anti-malware technology. It’s able to help you get rid of annoying Search-land.com redirect from your browsers, potentially unwanted software, malicious software, browser hijackers, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your computer for free.
- First, click the following link, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Free.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the download is done, please close all software and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBSetup.
- This will run the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) onto your personal computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes will open and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button . MalwareBytes Anti-Malware application will scan through the whole PC for the adware software which causes Search-land.com redirect. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient. When a threat is found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is done.
- After the system scan is finished, a list of all threats detected is created.
- All found threats will be marked. You can delete them all by simply click the “Quarantine” button. Once the clean-up is complete, you may be prompted to reboot the PC.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Use AdBlocker to stop Search-land.com redirect and stay safe online
The AdGuard is a very good ad-blocking program for the Firefox, Google Chrome, MS Edge and IE, with active user support. It does a great job by removing certain types of annoying ads, popunders, pop ups, intrusive newtabs, and even full page advertisements and web site overlay layers. Of course, the AdGuard can stop the Search-land.com redirect automatically or by using a custom filter rule.
Download AdGuard by clicking on the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
When the download is complete, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown below.
Follow the prompts. After the installation is finished, you will see a window such as the one below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Search-land.com, as well as other harmful or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which can be found on your desktop.
To sum up
Now your computer should be free of the adware which reroutes your browser to the intrusive Search-land.com web-site. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted web-page and annoying malicious web-sites) and Zemana Anti Malware (to periodically scan your device for new adwares and other malicious software). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Search-land.com redirect from the Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome and Edge, then ask for help here here.