News-gg.com is a web-page that uses the browser notification feature to force people into allowing its push notifications that go directly to the desktop or the web browser. This website will ask you to click on the ‘Allow’ in order to to enable Flash Player, access the content of the web-site, connect to the Internet, download a file, watch a video, and so on.
Once you click the ‘Allow’ button, then your internet browser will be configured to display popup advertisements in the right bottom corner of your screen. Push notifications are originally developed to alert the user of newly published content. Scammers abuse ‘browser notification feature’ to avoid antivirus software and ad-blocking software by showing intrusive adverts. These ads are displayed in the lower right corner of the screen urges users to play online games, visit suspicious webpages, install browser extensions & so on.
To end this intrusive behavior and get rid of News-gg.com push notifications, you need to change browser settings that got changed by adware. For that, perform the News-gg.com removal instructions below. Once you delete notifications subscription, the News-gg.com pop-ups advertisements will no longer appear on the screen.
|Type||push notifications advertisements, pop-ups, pop-up virus, pop up ads|
|Distribution||social engineering attack, dubious pop up ads, adwares, potentially unwanted programs|
|Removal||News-gg.com removal guide|
How did you get infected with News-gg.com popups
IT security experts have determined that users are re-directed to News-gg.com by adware or from suspicious ads. Adware software is considered by many to be synonymous with ‘malware’. It’s a malicious program that presents undesired advertisements to computer users. Some examples include pop-up advertisements, push notifications or unclosable windows. Adware software can be installed onto your system via infected web sites, when you open email attachments, anytime you download and install free applications.
Many of the freeware out there install browser toolbars, browser hijackers, adware software and potentially unwanted apps along with them without your knowledge. One has to be attentive while installing freeware in order to avoid accidentally installing additional apps. It’s important that you pay attention to the EULA (End User License Agreements) and select the Custom, Manual or Advanced installation mode as it will typically disclose what optional apps will also be installed.
You should delete adware software without a wait. Here, in this article below, you can found the effective instructions on How to delete adware software and News-gg.com ads from your personal computer for free.
How to remove News-gg.com pop-ups (removal tutorial)
There are a simple manual instructions below which will help you to remove News-gg.com pop-ups from your Windows PC system. The most effective solution to delete this adware is to follow the manual removal instructions and then use Zemana Free, MalwareBytes Anti Malware or HitmanPro automatic tools (all are free). The manual solution will help to weaken this adware and these malicious software removal utilities will completely delete News-gg.com pop-up advertisements and restore the Internet Explorer, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Chrome settings to default.
To remove News-gg.com pop ups, complete the following steps:
- How to get rid of News-gg.com pop-up ads without any software
- Automatic Removal of News-gg.com pop up ads
- Use AdBlocker to block News-gg.com and stay safe online
- Finish words
How to get rid of News-gg.com pop-up ads without any software
The step-by-step guidance developed by our team will help you manually delete News-gg.com advertisements from your web-browser. If you have little experience in using computers, we suggest that you use the free utilities listed below.
Remove adware through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
First, go to MS Windows Control Panel and uninstall dubious apps, all programs you don’t remember installing. It is important to pay the most attention to software you installed just before News-gg.com popup advertisements appeared on your web-browser. If you do not know what a program does, look for the answer on the World Wide Web.
Make sure you have closed all browsers and other apps. Next, delete any unrequested and suspicious software from your Control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Now, click the Windows button, type “Control panel” in search and press Enter. Select “Programs and Features”, then “Uninstall a program”.
Look around the entire list of software installed on your PC. Most likely, one of them is the adware related to the News-gg.com pop-ups. Select the questionable application or the program that name is not familiar to you and remove it.
Windows Vista, 7
From the “Start” menu in MS Windows, choose “Control Panel”. Under the “Programs” icon, select “Uninstall a program”.
Choose the suspicious or any unknown programs, then press “Uninstall/Change” button to uninstall this unwanted application from your PC.
Click the “Start” button, select “Control Panel” option. Click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
Choose an undesired application, then click “Change/Remove” button. Follow the prompts.
Remove News-gg.com notifications from browsers
If you’ve allowed the News-gg.com site to send push notifications to your web-browser, then we’ll need to remove these permissions. Depending on web browser, you can perform the following steps to get rid of the News-gg.com permissions to send browser notification spam.
- Click the Menu button (three dots) on the top-right corner of the Chrome window
- Select ‘Settings’. Then, scroll down to the bottom where it says ‘Advanced’.
- At the ‘Privacy and Security’ section click ‘Site settings’.
- Go to Notifications settings.
- Locate the News-gg.com URL and click the three vertical dots button next to it, then click on ‘Remove’.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Tap on the Menu button (three dots) on the top right hand corner.
- In the menu tap ‘Settings’, scroll down to ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Site Settings’, tap on ‘Notifications’, locate the News-gg.com site and tap on it.
- Tap the ‘Clean & Reset’ button and confirm.
- In the right upper corner of the Firefox window, click on the three bars to expand the Main menu.
- In the drop-down menu select ‘Options’. In the left side select ‘Privacy & Security’.
- Scroll down to ‘Permissions’ section and click ‘Settings…’ button next to ‘Notifications’.
- Select the News-gg.com domain from the list and change the status to ‘Block’.
- Click ‘Save Changes’ button.
- In the top right hand corner, click the Edge menu button (three dots).
- Scroll down to ‘Settings’. In the menu on the left go to ‘Advanced’.
- Click ‘Manage permissions’ button, located beneath ‘Website permissions’.
- Disable the on switch for the News-gg.com.
- Click ‘Tools’ button in the right upper corner.
- When the drop-down menu appears, click on ‘Internet Options’.
- Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab and select ‘Settings’ in the pop-up blockers section.
- Select the News-gg.com domain and other suspicious sites under and delete them one by one by clicking the ‘Remove’ button.
- Go to ‘Preferences’ in the Safari menu.
- Open ‘Websites’ tab, then in the left menu click on ‘Notifications’.
- Check for News-gg.com, other questionable sites and apply the ‘Deny’ option for each.
Get rid of News-gg.com popup ads from Internet Explorer
In order to restore all web-browser search engine, newtab and startpage you need to reset the IE to the state, which was when the MS Windows was installed on your personal computer.
First, run the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as displayed on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your system for the changes to take effect. It will remove adware responsible for News-gg.com advertisements, disable malicious and ad-supported web-browser’s extensions and restore the IE’s settings like default search engine, new tab page and startpage to default state.
Get rid of News-gg.com from Firefox by resetting web browser settings
This step will help you delete News-gg.com popup advertisements, third-party toolbars, disable harmful extensions and return your default homepage, newtab page and search engine settings.
First, run the Firefox and click button. It will display the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Further, click the Help button () as shown on the image below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown in the following example. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation dialog box. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will start a process to fix your problems that caused by the News-gg.com adware. When, it is finished, click the “Finish” button.
Remove News-gg.com pop-up advertisements from Chrome
Resetting Chrome to default state is effective in removing the News-gg.com pop-ups from your internet browser. This way is always advisable to follow if you have difficulty in removing changes caused by adware.
- First launch the Google Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is finished, your internet browser’s search engine by default, new tab and start page will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Automatic Removal of News-gg.com pop up ads
If you’re an unskilled computer user, then all your attempts to remove News-gg.com pop-up ads by completing the manual steps above might result in failure. To find and remove all of the adware related files and registry entries that keep this adware on your PC, run free anti malware software such as Zemana, MalwareBytes Anti Malware and Hitman Pro from our list below.
Remove News-gg.com pop-ups with Zemana Anti Malware
Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) is a malware removal tool developed for Microsoft Windows. This utility will help you remove News-gg.com ads, various types of malware (including hijacker infections and PUPs) from your system. It has simple and user friendly interface. While the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) does its job, your computer will run smoothly.
Please go to the following link to download the latest version of Zemana AntiMalware for Microsoft Windows. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
Once the downloading process is finished, close all apps and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup as displayed on the image below.
When the installation begins, you will see the “Setup wizard” that will help you setup Zemana on your PC system.
Once installation is done, you will see window like below.
Now press the “Scan” button . Zemana AntiMalware application will scan through the whole computer for the adware which cause annoying News-gg.com pop-up advertisements. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your machine. During the scan Zemana Free will detect threats present on your system.
After the scan is done, you can check all items detected on your computer. In order to delete all items, simply press “Next” button.
The Zemana will delete adware that causes News-gg.com popups in your internet browser.
Use HitmanPro to delete News-gg.com advertisements
Hitman Pro is a completely free (30 day trial) tool. You do not need expensive ways to remove adware software which cause pop-ups and other shady apps. HitmanPro will delete all the undesired software like adware software and hijackers at zero cost.
First, visit the following page, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Hitman Pro.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
After the downloading process is complete, open the file location and double-click the Hitman Pro icon. It will start the HitmanPro tool. If the User Account Control prompt will ask you want to open the application, click Yes button to continue.
Next, click “Next” to perform a system scan for the adware which cause undesired News-gg.com advertisements. Depending on your PC, the scan may take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the HitmanPro application is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
When HitmanPro has completed scanning, you will be displayed the list of all found threats on your personal computer as displayed in the following example.
Review the results once the tool has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Next” button. It will show a prompt, click the “Activate free license” button. The HitmanPro will remove adware related to the News-gg.com advertisements. When disinfection is done, the tool may ask you to reboot your system.
How to delete News-gg.com with MalwareBytes
You can remove News-gg.com advertisements automatically with a help of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM). We advise this free malware removal tool because it can easily delete browser hijackers, adware software, PUPs and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- Visit the following page to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) for Microsoft Windows. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the download is complete, please close all apps and open windows on your machine. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBSetup.
- This will start the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes onto your PC. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) will launch and show the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button . MalwareBytes AntiMalware program will scan through the whole PC system for the adware responsible for News-gg.com pop-up ads. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your personal computer.
- After the scan get finished, it will show the Scan Results.
- Review the scan results and then click the “Quarantine” button. When the cleaning process is finished, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Use AdBlocker to block News-gg.com and stay safe online
It is important to use ad blocking programs like AdGuard to protect your personal computer from malicious web sites. Most security experts says that it’s okay to block advertisements. You should do so just to stay safe! And, of course, the AdGuard can to block News-gg.com and other undesired web-sites.
- Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you’ll need to download AdGuard from the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the install is complete, click “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted ads, block News-gg.com, as well as other malicious or misleading webpages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
Now your computer should be clean of the adware that causes News-gg.com pop-ups. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted pop-up advertisements and unwanted harmful web-sites) and Zemana (to periodically scan your computer for new adwares and other malicious software). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to delete News-gg.com pop-ups from the MS Edge, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer, then ask for help here here.