What is Chrome Tools
Chrome Tools is supposed to be a program that will improve the browsing experience, but it is adware. Adware can cause many problems such as intrusive ads and pop-ups on your web-browser, redirect your search requests to advertising web-sites, web browser crashes and slow loading web-pages. Adware software often installs on the personal computer with the free programs.
Another reason why you need to remove adware software is its online data-tracking activity. Adware can gather privacy data, including:
- IP addresses;
- URLs visited;
- search queries/terms;
- clicks on links and ads;
- internet browser version information.
Below we are discussing the methods which are very effective in uninstalling adware software. The tutorial will also help you to remove Chrome Tools from your computer for free.
How does Chrome Tools get on your personal computer
|Type||adware software, potentially unwanted program (PUP), pop up ads, pop ups, popup virus|
|Removal||Chrome Tools removal guide|
How to remove Chrome Tools from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
There are a few ways which can be used to remove Chrome Tools adware. But, not all potentially unwanted applications such as this adware can be completely deleted utilizing only manual solutions. In many cases you’re not able to uninstall any adware software using standard Windows options. In order to get rid of adware you need complete a few manual steps and use reliable removal tools. Most experienced security professionals states that Zemana Free, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware or Hitman Pro tools are a right choice. These free programs are able to search for and remove Chrome Tools from your PC system and restore your web browser settings to defaults.
To remove Chrome Tools, complete the following steps:
- How to manually remove Chrome Tools
- Automatic Removal of Chrome Tools adware software
- How to stay safe online
- Finish words
How to manually remove Chrome Tools
In most cases, it is possible to manually delete Chrome Tools adware. This way does not involve the use of any tricks or removal utilities. You just need to restore the normal settings of the PC system and web-browser. This can be done by following a few simple steps below. If you want to quickly remove adware, as well as perform a full scan of your computer, we recommend that you use adware removal utilities, which are listed below.
Deleting the Chrome Tools, check the list of installed applications first
The best way to start the PC system cleanup is to remove unknown and dubious apps. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded apps can clean up the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Edge from pop up ads, hijackers and so on.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, press Windows button , then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as on the image below.
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown in the figure below.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel as shown in the figure below.
Very carefully look around the entire list of programs installed on your computer. Most probably, one of them is the Chrome Tools adware. If you’ve many software installed, you can help simplify the search of malicious applications by sort the list by date of installation. Once you have found a questionable, unwanted or unused program, right click to it, after that click ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, click ‘Start’ button and select ‘Control Panel’ at right panel similar to the one below.
After the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to click ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ as displayed below.
You will see a list of apps installed on your computer. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the applications that were installed last. Most likely, it’s the Chrome Tools . If you are in doubt, you can always check the application by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. Once the program which you need to uninstall is found, simply click on its name, and then press ‘Uninstall’ such as the one below.
Delete Chrome Tools from Firefox
This step will help you remove Chrome Tools ads, third-party toolbars, disable malicious extensions and return your default startpage, newtab page and search provider settings.
First, start the Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed in the figure below.
Confirm your action, press the “Refresh Firefox”.
Get rid of Chrome Tools adware software from Internet Explorer
By resetting IE internet browser you restore your internet browser settings to its default state. This is first when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by Chrome Tools adware.
First, run the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” as displayed below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown in the figure below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your machine for the changes to take effect.
Remove Chrome Tools from Google Chrome
If your Chrome web browser is redirected to unwanted ads, it may be necessary to completely reset your web-browser program to its default settings.
- First run the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is finished, your web browser’s default search provider, newtab and homepage will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Automatic Removal of Chrome Tools adware software
There are not many good free anti-malware programs with high detection ratio. The effectiveness of malicious software removal tools depends on various factors, mostly on how often their virus/malware signatures DB are updated in order to effectively detect modern malware, adware, browser hijackers and other potentially unwanted applications. We suggest to run several programs, not just one. These programs that listed below will help you remove all components of the adware from your disk and Windows registry and get rid of Chrome Tools .
Run Zemana Anti Malware to get rid of Chrome Tools
If you need a free tool that can easily remove Chrome Tools ads, then use Zemana. This is a very handy program, which is primarily created to quickly detect and get rid of adware software and malicious software infecting web browsers and changing their settings.
- Download Zemana Free on your computer by clicking on the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will show the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the downloading process is complete, please close all apps and open windows on your PC system. Next, start a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of Zemana onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) will run and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the Chrome Tools adware. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your computer and the speed of your computer. While the Zemana program is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
- After the scan get finished, the results are displayed in the scan report.
- Review the results once the utility has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply press the “Next” button. The utility will start to delete Chrome Tools adware. When finished, you may be prompted to reboot the PC.
- Close the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) and continue with the next step.
Get rid of Chrome Tools adware software and harmful extensions with HitmanPro
HitmanPro is a free utility which can detect Chrome Tools adware software. It’s not always easy to locate all the undesired programs that your computer might have picked up on the Web. HitmanPro will look for the adware, hijackers and other malicious software you need to erase.
- First, visit the following page, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Hitman Pro.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When downloading is done, launch the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the Hitman Pro window, click the “Next” . HitmanPro utility will begin scanning the whole machine to find out the Chrome Tools adware software. This process may take quite a while, so please be patient. When a malicious software, adware software or PUPs are detected, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is complete.
- When HitmanPro is complete scanning your system, Hitman Pro will display a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been detected. Review the results once the tool has done the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Next”. Now, press the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
Use MalwareBytes Free to get rid of Chrome Tools adware software
You can get rid of Chrome Tools adware automatically through the use of MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM). We advise this free malicious software removal utility because it can easily delete browser hijacker infections, adware, potentially unwanted applications and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
Visit the page linked below to download MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM). Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
After the downloading process is complete, close all software and windows on your system. Double-click the set up file called MBSetup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up like below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the Setup wizard which will help you install MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) on your personal computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once install is complete successfully, click “Get Started” button. MalwareBytes will automatically start and you can see its main screen as shown in the figure below.
Now click the “Scan” button . MalwareBytes Free tool will start scanning the whole computer to find out the Chrome Tools adware. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the MalwareBytes is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified either as being malware.
Once the scan get completed, the results are displayed in the scan report. You may remove threats (move to Quarantine) by simply press “Quarantine” button. The MalwareBytes AntiMalware will remove Chrome Tools adware and move the selected items to the program’s quarantine. Once the cleaning process is done, you may be prompted to reboot the PC system.
We advise you look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the MalwareBytes to remove adware, browser hijacker and other malicious software.
How to stay safe online
If you browse the Web, you cannot avoid malicious advertising. But you can protect your browser against it. Download and use an ad blocking program. AdGuard is an adblocker which can filter out tons of of the malvertising, stoping dynamic scripts from loading harmful content.
- Please go to the link below to download AdGuard. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the download is complete, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the install is done, click “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your PC, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired ads, block Chrome Tools, as well as other harmful or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
Now your system should be free of the Chrome Tools adware. We suggest that you keep Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your computer for new adwares and other malicious software) and AdGuard (to help you stop undesired pop-up ads and harmful web-pages). Moreover, to prevent any adware software, please stay clear of unknown and third party software, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to detect PUPs.
If you need more help with Chrome Tools related issues, go to here.