Routemob.com popups are a social engineering attack which is designed to fool you to accept spam notifications via the web browser. This web-site will show the ‘Show notifications’ pop-up states that clicking ‘Allow’ button will let you download a file, access the content of the web-site, enable Flash Player, connect to the Internet, watch a video, and so on.
If click on the ‘Allow’, the Routemob.com web-site gets your permission to send spam notifications in form of pop up adverts in the right bottom corner of the desktop. The push notifications will promote ‘free’ online games, fake prizes scams, questionable web browser extensions, adult web-pages, and adware software bundles as displayed on the screen below.
The best method to unsubscribe from Routemob.com browser notification spam open your internet browser’s settings and complete the Routemob.com removal instructions below. Once you remove Routemob.com subscription, the spam notifications will no longer appear on your internet browser.
|Name||Routemob.com pop up|
|Type||push notifications ads, popup ads, pop-ups, popup virus|
|Distribution||misleading popup advertisements, PUPs, adwares, social engineering attack|
|Removal||Routemob.com removal guide|
Where the Routemob.com pop ups comes from
IT security specialists have determined that users are redirected to Routemob.com by adware or from dubious advertisements. Adware is a part of potentially unwanted applications whose motive is to generate profit for its creator. It have various ways of earning by displaying the ads forcibly to its victims. Adware can open popups, display unsolicited advertisements, change the victim’s web-browser settings, or redirect the victim’s web browser to unknown web sites. Aside from causing unwanted advertisements and web browser redirects, it also can slow down the PC system.
Adware is usually written in ways common to malware, spyware and browser hijacker infections. In order to remove adware and thereby remove Routemob.com pop up ads, you will need use the steps below or run free adware software removal utility listed below.
How to remove Routemob.com pop-up advertisements from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
There are several steps to deleting the adware related to the Routemob.com pop ups, because it installs itself so deeply into MS Windows. You need to remove all suspicious and unknown programs, then delete harmful extensions from the Chrome, MS Edge, Internet Explorer and Firefox and other web-browsers you have installed. Finally, you need to reset your browser settings to remove any changes the adware has made, and then check your system with Zemana Free, MalwareBytes or Hitman Pro to ensure the adware is fully removed. It will take a while.
To remove Routemob.com pop ups, execute the steps below:
- How to manually remove Routemob.com
- Automatic Removal of Routemob.com pop up advertisements
- How to stop Routemob.com advertisements
- Finish words
How to manually remove Routemob.com
Looking for a way to delete Routemob.com pop ups manually without downloading any utilities? Then this section of the blog post is just for you. Below are some simple steps you can take. Performing these steps requires basic knowledge of browser and Windows setup. If you doubt that you can follow them, it is better to use free software listed below that can help you delete Routemob.com pop-up advertisements.
Delete newly installed adware software
One of the first things to attempt for removal of adware is to check your PC system installed programs screen and look for undesired and dubious applications. If there are any applications you do not recognize or are no longer using, you should uninstall them. If that doesn’t work, then you may need to run adware removal tool such as Zemana.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next press Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will display a list of all applications installed on the computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and uninstall questionable and unknown apps. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort applications by date.
See more details in the video tutorial below.
Remove Routemob.com notifications from web-browsers
If you are in situation where you don’t want to see spam notifications from the Routemob.com webpage. In this case, you can turn off web notifications for your web-browser in MS Windows/Mac OS/Android. Find your browser in the list below, follow steps to remove browser permissions to show spam notifications.
- In the top-right corner, expand the Chrome menu.
- Select ‘Settings’, scroll down to the bottom and click ‘Advanced’.
- At the ‘Privacy and Security’ section click ‘Site settings’.
- Go to Notifications settings.
- Click ‘three dots’ button on the right hand side of Routemob.com site or other rogue notifications and click ‘Remove’.
- Open Chrome.
- In the top right hand corner, find and tap the Chrome menu (three dots).
- In the menu tap ‘Settings’, scroll down to ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Site Settings’, tap on ‘Notifications’, locate the Routemob.com site and tap on it.
- Tap the ‘Clean & Reset’ button and confirm.
- Click the Menu button (three horizontal stripes) on the top-right corner.
- In the menu go to ‘Options’, in the menu on the left go to ‘Privacy & Security’.
- Scroll down to ‘Permissions’ section and click ‘Settings…’ button next to ‘Notifications’.
- Locate sites you down’t want to see notifications from (for example, Routemob.com), click on drop-down menu next to each and select ‘Block’.
- Save changes.
- In the top right corner, click on the three dots to expand the Edge menu.
- Click ‘Settings’. Click ‘Advanced’ on the left side of the window.
- In the ‘Website permissions’ section click ‘Manage permissions’.
- Click the switch below the Routemob.com site so that it turns off.
- In the top right corner of the screen, click on the menu button (gear icon).
- Go to ‘Internet Options’ in the menu.
- Select the ‘Privacy’ tab and click ‘Settings under ‘Pop-up Blocker’ section.
- Select the Routemob.com and other questionable sites below and remove them one by one by clicking the ‘Remove’ button.
- Go to ‘Preferences’ in the Safari menu.
- Open ‘Websites’ tab, then in the left menu click on ‘Notifications’.
- Check for Routemob.com URL, other suspicious URLs and apply the ‘Deny’ option for each.
Get rid of Routemob.com advertisements from Mozilla Firefox
If the Firefox settings such as search engine, home page and newtab page have been replaced by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help. However, your saved bookmarks and passwords will not be lost. This will not affect your history, passwords, bookmarks, and other saved data.
Run the Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will show the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the image below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation prompt. The Mozilla Firefox will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the Routemob.com adware. When, it is done, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Routemob.com pop-ups from Chrome
Annoying Routemob.com ads or other symptom of having adware in your web browser is a good reason to reset Chrome. This is an easy way to restore the Chrome settings and not lose any important information.
- First, start the Google Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed addons. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset settings dialog box as on the image above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove Routemob.com pop-ups from Internet Explorer
If you find that Internet Explorer web-browser settings like home page, search provider and newtab page had been replaced by adware software which cause pop-ups, then you may return your settings, via the reset internet browser procedure.
First, open the IE, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web-browser, then press the “Internet Options” as displayed in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as displayed on the image below.
Once the process is complete, click “Close” button. Close the IE and reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your internet browser’s newtab page, home page and search engine to default state.
Automatic Removal of Routemob.com pop up advertisements
Manual removal guide does not always help to fully remove the adware, as it’s not easy to identify and delete components of adware and all malicious files from hard disk. Therefore, it’s recommended that you use malware removal utility to fully get rid of Routemob.com off your web-browser. Several free malicious software removal tools are currently available that can be used against the adware software. The optimum method would be to use Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM), MalwareBytes and Hitman Pro.
Run Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) to get rid of Routemob.com ads
Download Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) to remove Routemob.com pop-up ads automatically from all of your web-browsers. This is a freeware utility specially designed for malware removal. This tool can delete adware, browser hijacker infection from Internet Explorer, Edge, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox and MS Windows registry automatically.
- Please go to the following link to download the latest version of Zemana AntiMalware for MS Windows. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the download is done, please close all software and open windows on your PC. Next, run a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Free onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) will start and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to start checking your system for the adware that causes Routemob.com popup advertisements in your web-browser. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. When a malware, adware or potentially unwanted applications are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is finished.
- After the scanning is finished, the results are displayed in the scan report.
- Review the scan results and then click the “Next” button. The utility will delete adware that causes intrusive Routemob.com popup ads and move the selected threats to the Quarantine. When that process is done, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
- Close the Zemana and continue with the next step.
Use HitmanPro to remove Routemob.com popup advertisements
Hitman Pro is a completely free (30 day trial) utility. You don’t need expensive methods to remove adware software related to the Routemob.com pop up advertisements and other unsafe applications. Hitman Pro will delete all the undesired apps such as adware and browser hijackers for free.
- Installing the Hitman Pro is simple. First you will need to download Hitman Pro on your computer from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After downloading is finished, launch the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, press the “Next” to start checking your system for the adware that causes Routemob.com pop-ups. Depending on your PC, the scan may take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the Hitman Pro is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified either as being malware.
- When the system scan is finished, it will show the Scan Results. Once you’ve selected what you want to remove from your machine click “Next”. Now, press the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to delete all malware found.
Run MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to delete Routemob.com ads
We advise using the MalwareBytes Anti Malware that are completely clean your computer of the adware. The free tool is an advanced malicious software removal program created by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular anti-malware technology. It is able to help you delete intrusive Routemob.com pop ups from your web-browsers, PUPs, malware, hijackers, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your personal computer for free.
Download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) on your Windows Desktop by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once the download is done, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the MalwareBytes will try to update itself and when this process is complete, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware that causes multiple intrusive popups. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your PC and the speed of your personal computer. When a malware, adware software or PUPs are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Once you’ve selected what you want to remove from your machine press “Quarantine” button.
The MalwareBytes Free is a free program that you can use to remove all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malicious software removal utility, we recommend you to read and follow the steps or the video guide below.
How to stop Routemob.com advertisements
Run an ad blocker tool such as AdGuard will protect you from malicious advertisements and content. Moreover, you may find that the AdGuard have an option to protect your privacy and stop phishing and spam webpages. Additionally, ad blocking programs will help you to avoid undesired pop-ups and unverified links that also a good way to stay safe online.
- Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you’ll need to download AdGuard on your Windows Desktop from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the install is done, click “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your PC system, AdGuard will run automatically and stop unwanted ads, block Routemob.com, as well as other harmful or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that can be found on your desktop.
Once you’ve done the step-by-step guidance outlined above, your PC should be clean from this adware and other malicious software. The Microsoft Edge, Chrome, IE and Mozilla Firefox will no longer show intrusive Routemob.com webpage when you surf the Internet. Unfortunately, if the steps does not help you, then you have caught a new adware software, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the intrusive Routemob.com pop-up advertisements.