Pdf Converter Guru is a web site that lures you to accept push notifications via the browser. It displays the ‘Confirm notifications’ confirmation request that attempts to get you to press the ‘Allow’ button to subscribe to its notifications.
Once click on the ‘Allow’ button, the Pdf Converter Guru website gets your permission to send browser notification spam in form of pop up adverts in the right bottom corner of your screen. Push notifications are originally designed to alert the user of newly published blog posts. Cyber criminals abuse ‘push notifications’ to avoid anti-virus and ad blocking programs by showing intrusive adverts. These ads are displayed in the lower right corner of the screen urges users to play online games, visit questionable webpages, install web-browser extensions & so on.
In order to unsubscribe from Pdf Converter Guru browser notification spam open your internet browser’s settings and follow the Pdf Converter Guru removal guide below. Once you delete Pdf Converter Guru subscription, the spam notifications will no longer show on your desktop.
|Name||Pdf Converter Guru pop up|
|Type||spam notifications ads, pop-ups, popup advertisements, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||adwares, malicious popup advertisements, potentially unwanted apps, social engineering attack|
|Removal||Pdf Converter Guru removal guide|
Where the Pdf Converter Guru pop ups comes from
Some research has shown that users can be redirected to Pdf Converter Guru from misleading ads or by PUPs and adware. Adware is form of software designed to inject advertisements into your Web surfing or even desktop experience. Adware can be designed to change your start page, search provider, search results, or even add toolbars to your internet browser. Adware run in the background when surf the Web, and adware can slow down your machine and affect its performance.
You should remove adware software as soon as possible. Here, in this article below, you can found the best possible steps on How to delete adware and Pdf Converter Guru ads from your PC for free.
How to remove Pdf Converter Guru popups (removal instructions)
We can help you remove Pdf Converter Guru from your web browsers, without the need to take your PC system to a professional. Simply follow the removal guide below if you currently have the annoying adware software on your PC and want to remove it. If you have any difficulty while trying to delete the adware software that causes multiple undesired pop-ups, feel free to ask for our assist in the comment section below. Read it once, after doing so, please bookmark this page (or open it on your smartphone) as you may need to exit your web browser or reboot your PC.
To remove Pdf Converter Guru pop ups, use the steps below:
- How to get rid of Pdf Converter Guru pop up advertisements without any software
- Removing the Pdf Converter Guru, check the list of installed apps first
- Remove Pdf Converter Guru notifications from web-browsers
- Remove Pdf Converter Guru ads from Google Chrome
- Remove Pdf Converter Guru pop-ups from Internet Explorer
- Remove Pdf Converter Guru popup advertisements from Mozilla Firefox
- Automatic Removal of Pdf Converter Guru pop ups
- How to block Pdf Converter Guru
- To sum up
How to get rid of Pdf Converter Guru pop up advertisements without any software
The step-by-step tutorial will help you manually remove Pdf Converter Guru advertisements from a internet browser. If you have little experience in using computers, we recommend that you use the free tools listed below.
Removing the Pdf Converter Guru, check the list of installed apps first
The main cause of Pdf Converter Guru pop up ads could be PUPs, adware or other unwanted programs that you may have unintentionally installed on the computer. You need to find and remove all dubious software.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next press Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will show the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will show a list of all programs installed on the computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and uninstall dubious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort apps by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Remove Pdf Converter Guru notifications from web-browsers
If you’ve allowed the Pdf Converter Guru site to send browser notification spam to your web browser, then we will need to delete these permissions. Depending on web browser, you can perform the steps below to delete the Pdf Converter Guru permissions to send push notifications.
- In the top right hand corner, click on Chrome’s main menu button, represented by three vertical dots.
- Select ‘Settings’, scroll down to the bottom and click ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Privacy and Security’ section, click on ‘Site settings’.
- Go to Notifications settings.
- Locate the Pdf Converter Guru URL and click the three vertical dots button next to it, then click on ‘Remove’.
- Tap ‘Settings’.
- Tap ‘Notifications’.
- Find and tap the web-browser that displays Pdf Converter Guru spam notifications advertisements.
- Find Pdf Converter Guru URL in the list and disable it.
- Click on ‘three bars’ button at the top-right corner of the screen.
- In the drop-down menu select ‘Options’. In the left side select ‘Privacy & Security’.
- Scroll down to ‘Permissions’ section and click ‘Settings…’ button next to ‘Notifications’.
- Select the Pdf Converter Guru domain from the list and change the status to ‘Block’.
- Click ‘Save Changes’ button.
- In the top-right corner, click on the three dots to expand the Edge menu.
- Click ‘Settings’. Click ‘Advanced’ on the left side of the window.
- Click ‘Manage permissions’ button below ‘Website permissions’.
- Click the switch under the Pdf Converter Guru and each dubious domain.
- Click the Gear button on the top-right corner of the Internet Explorer.
- Go to ‘Internet Options’ in the menu.
- Select the ‘Privacy’ tab and click ‘Settings below ‘Pop-up Blocker’ section.
- Locate the Pdf Converter Guru domain and click the ‘Remove’ button to delete the URL.
- Go to ‘Preferences’ in the Safari menu.
- Select the ‘Websites’ tab and then select ‘Notifications’ section on the left panel.
- Check for Pdf Converter Guru URL, other questionable URLs and apply the ‘Deny’ option for each.
Remove Pdf Converter Guru ads from Google Chrome
This step will show you how to reset Google Chrome browser settings to default state. This can remove Pdf Converter Guru pop ups and fix some browsing issues, especially after adware infection. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed, deleted or cleared.
First open the Google Chrome. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal dots ().
It will display the Google Chrome menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions. Carefully browse through the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension signed with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Open the Chrome menu once again. Further, click the option called “Settings”.
The web-browser will open the settings screen. Another way to show the Google Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset” section is visible, as on the image below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
The Chrome will open the confirmation dialog box similar to the one below.
You need to confirm your action, click the “Reset” button. The internet browser will start the task of cleaning. When it’s done, the internet browser’s settings including search engine, newtab and startpage back to the values which have been when the Chrome was first installed on your computer.
Remove Pdf Converter Guru pop-ups from Internet Explorer
By resetting Internet Explorer internet browser you revert back your web browser settings to its default state. This is good initial when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by adware software that causes multiple undesired pop ups.
First, start the Internet Explorer, press ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to restart your machine for the changes to take effect. It will delete adware that cause pop ups, disable malicious and ad-supported browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings such as start page, search provider and newtab page to default state.
Remove Pdf Converter Guru popup advertisements from Mozilla Firefox
If the Firefox web-browser is re-directed to Pdf Converter Guru and you want to restore the Firefox settings back to their original state, then you should follow the few simple steps below. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
First, start the Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, press the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the screen below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Automatic Removal of Pdf Converter Guru pop ups
If you’re an unskilled computer user, then all your attempts to remove Pdf Converter Guru pop-ups by following the manual steps above might result in failure. To find and remove all of the adware software related files and registry entries that keep this adware on your system, run free antimalware software such as Zemana Free, MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) and HitmanPro from our list below.
How to get rid of Pdf Converter Guru popup ads with Zemana Anti Malware
Zemana is free full featured malicious software removal tool. It can scan your files and Windows registry in real-time. Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) can help to get rid of Pdf Converter Guru advertisements, other PUPs, malicious software and adware. It uses 1% of your computer resources. This tool has got simple and beautiful interface and at the same time effective protection for your machine.
- First, visit the following page, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Zemana.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the downloading process is complete, please close all applications and open windows on your PC system. Next, run a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Free onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Free will launch and display the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button to begin checking your computer for the adware which cause undesired Pdf Converter Guru popup ads. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the tool is checking, you may see number of objects and files has already scanned.
- After the checking is done, Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) will produce a list of unwanted programs and adware.
- Review the report and then click the “Next” button. The utility will start to remove adware which cause annoying Pdf Converter Guru pop-ups. When finished, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
- Close the Zemana Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Remove Pdf Converter Guru advertisements from internet browsers with HitmanPro
Hitman Pro will help delete adware that causes Pdf Converter Guru popup ads in your web browser that slow down your system. The hijackers, adware software and other potentially unwanted software slow your internet browser down and try to mislead you into clicking on shady ads and links. HitmanPro removes the adware software and lets you enjoy your machine without Pdf Converter Guru pop up advertisements.
First, visit the following page, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of HitmanPro.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
After the download is complete, open the directory in which you saved it and double-click the HitmanPro icon. It will run the HitmanPro utility. If the User Account Control prompt will ask you want to open the program, click Yes button to continue.
Next, press “Next” to perform a system scan with this tool for the adware software related to the Pdf Converter Guru ads. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your computer and the speed of your PC. While the HitmanPro utility is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified as being affected by malware.
Once the scanning is finished, you’ll be shown the list of all detected threats on your computer as on the image below.
Review the report and then click “Next” button. It will show a prompt, click the “Activate free license” button. The HitmanPro will start to get rid of adware which cause undesired Pdf Converter Guru ads. When disinfection is finished, the utility may ask you to restart your system.
Remove Pdf Converter Guru pop-ups with MalwareBytes Free
We suggest using the MalwareBytes Free which are fully clean your computer of the adware. The free utility is an advanced malware removal program developed by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular anti malware technology. It’s able to help you delete annoying Pdf Converter Guru popup ads from your web-browsers, PUPs, malware, browser hijacker infections, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your machine for free.
- First, visit the page linked below, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of MalwareBytes.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the downloading process is done, please close all programs and open windows on your personal computer. Double-click on the icon that’s called MBSetup.
- This will launch the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) onto your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Free will launch and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to start checking your PC for the adware that causes Pdf Converter Guru pop-up advertisements. Depending on your machine, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. During the scan MalwareBytes Anti Malware will look for threats exist on your PC system.
- When the scan is complete, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) will open a list of detected threats.
- Review the scan results and then click the “Quarantine” button. Once the process is done, you may be prompted to restart the machine.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to block Pdf Converter Guru
If you want to get rid of unwanted advertisements, web-browser redirections and popups, then install an ad blocker application such as AdGuard. It can block Pdf Converter Guru, ads, pop-ups and block websites from tracking your online activities when using the Firefox, Google Chrome, Edge and IE. So, if you like browse the Internet, but you do not like unwanted advertisements and want to protect your PC system from malicious webpages, then the AdGuard is your best choice.
Download AdGuard on your computer by clicking on the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After the download is done, double-click the downloaded file to launch it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as on the image below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick instructions as on the image below.
Press “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick guidance which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you start your PC system, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop undesired ads, block Pdf Converter Guru, as well as other malicious or misleading webpages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which may be found on your desktop.
To sum up
After completing the instructions shown above, your machine should be clean from this adware and other malware. The Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Google Chrome will no longer open undesired Pdf Converter Guru web-page when you surf the Web. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the annoying Pdf Converter Guru pop ups.