Are you facing a problem with the MS Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer web browser that constantly redirects to an unwanted web page called Search.supermusicsearch.com? Then, there are chances that are your PC system is affected by a potentially unwanted program (PUP) from the adware family.
Is Adware dangerous? Adware is a part of software designed to throw advertisements up on your web-browser screen. Adware generates money for its author by occasionally displaying a large number of advertisements and pop up deals. You might experience a change in your startpage or search provider, new tabs opening or even a redirect to unsafe web sites.
Another reason why you need to get rid of adware software is its online data-tracking activity. Adware can collect a wide variety of user info that can be later sold to third party companies. You do not know if your home address, account names and passwords are safe.
|adware, potentially unwanted application (PUA), pop-ups, pop up virus, pop-up advertisements
|Search.supermusicsearch.com removal guide
How does Adware get on your PC system
Thus, it’s clear that the presence of adware software on your system is not desirable, and you need to clean up your PC system without a wait. Follow the steps below in order to delete Search.supermusicsearch.com redirect.
How to remove Search.supermusicsearch.com redirect from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
When the adware gets installed on your computer without your knowledge, it’s not easy to uninstall. In most cases, there is no Uninstall application which simply uninstall the adware which redirects your browser to the intrusive Search.supermusicsearch.com webpage from your machine. So, we recommend using several well-proven free specialized tools such as Zemana Free, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware or Hitman Pro. But the best solution to remove Search.supermusicsearch.com redirect will be to perform several manual steps, after that additionally run antimalware tools.
To remove Search.supermusicsearch.com, execute the following steps:
- How to get rid of Search.supermusicsearch.com redirect without any software
- Automatic Removal of Search.supermusicsearch.com redirect
- Use AdBlocker to block Search.supermusicsearch.com and stay safe online
- Finish words
How to get rid of Search.supermusicsearch.com redirect without any software
The step-by-step tutorial designed by our team will help you manually delete Search.supermusicsearch.com redirect from a browser. If you have little experience in using computers, we advise that you use the free utilities listed below.
Uninstall PUPs through the Windows Control Panel
Some of PUPs, adware and hijacker infections can be removed using the Add/Remove programs utility which can be found in the Windows Control Panel. So, if you’re running any version of Windows and you have noticed an unwanted program, then first try to remove it through Add/Remove programs.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, click the Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, click “Start” and select “Control Panel”.
It will show the Windows Control Panel as displayed in the following example.
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It will show a list of all programs installed on your machine. Scroll through the all list, and remove any dubious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort applications by date in the Control panel.
Remove Search.supermusicsearch.com redirect from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings to remove Search.supermusicsearch.com redirect. If you’re still experiencing issues with Search.supermusicsearch.com redirect removal, you need to reset Chrome browser to its original state. This step needs to be performed only if adware software has not been removed by the previous steps.
- First run the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed addons. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is complete, your web-browser’s startpage, search provider and newtab page will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove Search.supermusicsearch.com from Firefox by resetting browser settings
If the Mozilla Firefox internet browser is rerouted to Search.supermusicsearch.com and you want to recover the Firefox settings back to their original state, then you should follow the step-by-step guide below. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
First, start the Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button like the one below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Get rid of Search.supermusicsearch.com redirect from Internet Explorer
The Microsoft Internet Explorer reset is great if your web-browser is hijacked or you have unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your web-browser, that installed by an malware.
First, run the IE. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as displayed on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window like the one below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your PC system for the changes to take effect.
Automatic Removal of Search.supermusicsearch.com redirect
Many antivirus companies have designed programs that help detect adware and thereby remove Search.supermusicsearch.com from the Firefox, Edge, Google Chrome and IE web browsers. Below is a a few of the free programs you may want to run. Your computer can have a lot of PUPs, adware and hijackers installed at the same time, so we recommend, if any unwanted or malicious program returns after rebooting the PC system, then run your computer into Safe Mode and use the antimalware tool again.
Run Zemana AntiMalware to delete Search.supermusicsearch.com redirect
Zemana Free is a free tool that performs a scan of your PC system and displays if there are existing adware, browser hijackers, viruses, worms, spyware, trojans and other malware residing on your PC system. If malware is found, Zemana Anti-Malware can automatically remove it. Zemana does not conflict with other anti malware and antivirus apps installed on your system.
Zemana Anti-Malware can be downloaded from the following link. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
When downloading is complete, close all windows on your system. Further, open the install file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as on the image below, click the “Yes” button.
It will display the “Setup wizard” which will assist you install Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) on the PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is complete successfully, Zemana will automatically start and you can see its main window such as the one below.
Next, press the “Scan” button . Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) application will scan through the whole machine for the adware which causes Search.supermusicsearch.com redirect. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the tool is checking, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
When the system scan is done, you will be displayed the list of all found threats on your computer. Once you have selected what you want to delete from your PC system click “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti-Malware will remove adware software responsible for Search.supermusicsearch.com redirect and move the selected threats to the program’s quarantine. When finished, you can be prompted to restart your computer.
Remove Search.supermusicsearch.com redirect and harmful extensions with HitmanPro
All-in-all, HitmanPro is a fantastic tool to clean your personal computer from any unwanted applications like adware software that redirects your internet browser to the intrusive Search.supermusicsearch.com web site. The HitmanPro is portable program that meaning, you don’t need to install it to use it. HitmanPro is compatible with all versions of Windows operating system from MS Windows XP to Windows 10. Both 64-bit and 32-bit systems are supported.
- First, visit the following page, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Hitman Pro.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After the downloading process is done, run the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, press Yes to continue.
- In the Hitman Pro window, press the “Next” to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware software that causes Search.supermusicsearch.com redirect in your web browser. This task may take quite a while, so please be patient. While the HitmanPro tool is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified as being infected by malware.
- Once the scan get finished, HitmanPro will open a list of all items found by the scan. Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and press “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
Run MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to delete Search.supermusicsearch.com redirect
We suggest using the MalwareBytes Anti Malware. You can download and install MalwareBytes to scan for adware software and thereby get rid of Search.supermusicsearch.com redirect from your web-browsers. When installed and updated, this free malware remover automatically searches for and removes all threats exist on the system.
Visit the following page to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Free for MS Windows. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
When the download is complete, close all windows on your computer. Further, run the file named MBSetup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as shown on the image below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the Setup wizard that will help you install MalwareBytes on the computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once setup is finished successfully, click “Get Started” button. Then MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) will automatically start and you can see its main window as shown in the following example.
Next, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware which causes Search.supermusicsearch.com redirect. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your machine. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
When finished, MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) will create a list of unwanted applications and adware. Make sure to check mark the items that are unsafe and then click “Quarantine” button.
The MalwareBytes Free will get rid of adware that causes Search.supermusicsearch.com redirect in your browser and move the selected threats to the program’s quarantine. When that process is finished, you can be prompted to reboot your PC system. We recommend you look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the MalwareBytes to get rid of browser hijacker infections, adware and other malware.
Use AdBlocker to block Search.supermusicsearch.com and stay safe online
It’s also critical to protect your browsers from harmful websites and ads by using an ad blocking program like AdGuard. Security experts says that it’ll greatly reduce the risk of malware, and potentially save lots of money. Additionally, the AdGuard can also protect your privacy by blocking almost all trackers.
- Download AdGuard from the link below. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the install is complete, click “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your PC system, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, block Search.supermusicsearch.com, as well as other malicious or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
Now your PC should be free of the adware that causes Search.supermusicsearch.com redirect. We suggest that you keep Zemana Free (to periodically scan your PC system for new adwares and other malware) and AdGuard (to help you stop undesired webpage and malicious web-sites). Moreover, to prevent any adware, please stay clear of unknown and third party software, make sure that your antivirus application, turn on the option to search for PUPs.
If you need more help with Search.supermusicsearch.com redirect related issues, go to here.