According to IT security specialists, Dragonforwardknife.com is a webpage which is used to fool you and other unsuspecting users into signing up for its spam notifications so that it can send unwanted adverts to the browser. It states that the user must subscribe to notifications in order to enable Flash Player, download a file, connect to the Internet, watch a video, access the content of the webpage, and so on.
If you click the ‘Allow’ button, then you will start seeing unwanted ads in form of pop ups on the internet browser. Push notifications are originally designed to alert the user of newly published blog posts. Cybercriminals abuse ‘browser notification feature’ to avoid antivirus software and adblocker software by presenting intrusive ads. These ads are displayed in the lower right corner of the screen urges users to play online games, visit dubious web-pages, install browser extensions & so on.
In order to unsubscribe from Dragonforwardknife.com browser notification spam open your web-browser’s settings and complete the Dragonforwardknife.com removal guidance below. Once you delete Dragonforwardknife.com subscription, the browser notification spam will no longer show on your web-browser.
|Type||browser notification spam ads, pop-ups, pop-up virus, pop up ads|
|Distribution||PUPs, adware softwares, malicious popup advertisements, social engineering attack|
|Removal||Dragonforwardknife.com removal guide|
How did you get infected with Dragonforwardknife.com pop-ups
Cyber security professionals have determined that users are rerouted to Dragonforwardknife.com by adware or from misleading ads. Adware is a part of software that is used as an online promotional tool. It is designed with the sole purpose to open dozens of pop-up advertisements, and thus to promote the goods and services in an open internet browser window. Adware can substitute the legitimate advertising links on misleading or even banners that can offer to visit harmful web-sites.
So, obviously, you need to remove the adware without a wait. Use the free tutorial below. This guide will allow you clean your computer of adware software and thereby get rid of the Dragonforwardknife.com unwanted pop-up ads.
How to remove Dragonforwardknife.com ads from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
Not all unwanted programs such as adware that causes Dragonforwardknife.com ads are easily uninstallable. You might see popups, deals, text links, in-text advertisements, banners and other type of advertisements in the Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Chrome and might not be able to figure out the program responsible for this activity. The reason for this is that many unwanted applications neither appear in Microsoft Windows Control Panel. Therefore in order to fully get rid of Dragonforwardknife.com pop-ups, you need to perform the following steps. Read this manual carefully, bookmark it or open this page on your smartphone, because you may need to shut down your browser or reboot your PC.
To remove Dragonforwardknife.com pop ups, use the following steps:
- Manual Dragonforwardknife.com ads removal
- Uninstall PUPs using Windows Control Panel
- Remove Dragonforwardknife.com notifications from web browsers
- Remove Dragonforwardknife.com pop up advertisements from Google Chrome
- Remove Dragonforwardknife.com from Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
- Remove Dragonforwardknife.com pop ups from Internet Explorer
- Automatic Removal of Dragonforwardknife.com popup advertisements
- Use AdBlocker to block Dragonforwardknife.com and stay safe online
- To sum up
Manual Dragonforwardknife.com ads removal
Looking for a solution to remove Dragonforwardknife.com ads manually without installing any applications? Then this section of the article is just for you. Below are some simple steps you can take. Performing these steps requires basic knowledge of internet browser and Microsoft Windows setup. If you are not sure that you can follow them, it is better to use free tools listed below that can help you delete Dragonforwardknife.com advertisements.
Uninstall PUPs using Windows Control Panel
We suggest that you start the system cleaning process by checking the list of installed software and delete all unknown or suspicious applications. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the malicious applications such as adware software and browser hijackers may be bundled with free software. Uninstall the unwanted apps can get rid of the intrusive advertisements or web browser redirect.
|Windows 7||Windows 8|
|Windows 10||Mac OS|
Remove Dragonforwardknife.com notifications from web browsers
If you have allowed the Dragonforwardknife.com spam notifications, you might notice that this web-page sending requests, and it can become annoying. To better control your computer, here’s how to delete Dragonforwardknife.com spam notifications from your internet browser.
- Click on ‘three dots menu’ button at the right upper corner.
- In the menu go to ‘Settings’, scroll down to ‘Advanced’ settings.
- When the drop-down menu appears, tap ‘Settings’. Scroll down to ‘Advanced’.
- Go to Notifications settings.
- Find the Dragonforwardknife.com URL and click the three vertical dots button next to it, then click on ‘Remove’.
- Open Google Chrome.
- In the top right hand corner, find and tap the Google Chrome menu (three dots).
- In the menu tap ‘Settings’, scroll down to ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Site Settings’, tap on ‘Notifications’, find the Dragonforwardknife.com site and tap on it.
- Tap the ‘Clean & Reset’ button and confirm.
- In the top right corner, click the Menu button, represented by three horizontal stripes.
- In the menu go to ‘Options’, in the menu on the left go to ‘Privacy & Security’.
- Scroll down to ‘Permissions’ section and click ‘Settings…’ button next to ‘Notifications’.
- In the opened window, locate Dragonforwardknife.com site, other suspicious sites, click the drop-down menu and choose ‘Block’.
- Save changes.
- In the right upper corner, click the Edge menu button (it looks like three dots).
- Click ‘Settings’. Click ‘Advanced’ on the left side of the window.
- Click ‘Manage permissions’ button under ‘Website permissions’.
- Right-click the Dragonforwardknife.com URL. Click ‘Delete’.
- In the top right corner of the browser, click on the gear icon (menu button).
- When the drop-down menu appears, click on ‘Internet Options’.
- Select the ‘Privacy’ tab and click ‘Settings under ‘Pop-up Blocker’ section.
- Select the Dragonforwardknife.com domain and other suspicious sites below and remove them one by one by clicking the ‘Remove’ button.
- Click ‘Safari’ button on the top left hand corner of the browser and select ‘Preferences’.
- Open ‘Websites’ tab, then in the left menu click on ‘Notifications’.
- Find the Dragonforwardknife.com URL and select it, click the ‘Deny’ button.
Remove Dragonforwardknife.com pop up advertisements from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings to remove Dragonforwardknife.com pop ups. If you’re still experiencing problems with Dragonforwardknife.com popups removal, you need to reset Google Chrome browser to its default state. This step needs to be performed only if adware has not been removed by the previous steps.
- First, start the Google Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset settings prompt as on the image above.
- Confirm the web-browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove Dragonforwardknife.com from Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
If your Mozilla Firefox web browser is redirected to Dragonforwardknife.com without your permission or an unknown search engine displays results for your search, then it may be time to perform the web-browser reset. Your saved bookmarks, form auto-fill information and passwords won’t be cleared or changed.
First, run the Mozilla Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button like below.
Confirm your action, press the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Dragonforwardknife.com pop ups from Internet Explorer
The IE reset is great if your web-browser is hijacked or you have unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your web browser, that installed by an malicious software.
First, open the Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will display the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then press the “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as shown below.
When the procedure is finished, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and reboot your machine for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web browser’s home page, new tab and default search provider to default state.
Automatic Removal of Dragonforwardknife.com popup advertisements
If you are unsure how to remove Dragonforwardknife.com ads easily, consider using automatic adware software removal applications which listed below. It will identify the adware software which cause popups and remove it from your system for free.
How to remove Dragonforwardknife.com pop up advertisements with Zemana
Zemana Free is a complete package of anti malware tools. Despite so many features, it does not reduce the performance of your PC. Zemana Anti-Malware is able to get rid of almost all the types of adware including Dragonforwardknife.com advertisements, hijacker infections, potentially unwanted software and harmful internet browser extensions. Zemana Anti-Malware has real-time protection that can defeat most malicious software. You can run Zemana Free with any other antivirus without any conflicts.
Now you can setup and use Zemana AntiMalware to remove Dragonforwardknife.com pop-up advertisements from your web-browser by following the steps below:
Visit the page linked below to download Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) setup file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup on your PC. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
Start the setup file after it has been downloaded successfully and then follow the prompts to install this tool on your PC.
During installation you can change certain settings, but we advise you do not make any changes to default settings.
When setup is finished, this malicious software removal tool will automatically run and update itself. You will see its main window like the one below.
Now click the “Scan” button . Zemana Anti-Malware application will scan through the whole PC for the adware which causes undesired Dragonforwardknife.com pop ups. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your personal computer and the speed of your computer. While the Zemana application is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified as threat.
As the scanning ends, you can check all items detected on your personal computer. Review the results once the tool has done the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will begin to get rid of adware which cause pop ups. When that process is finished, you can be prompted to restart your computer to make the change take effect.
Remove Dragonforwardknife.com advertisements and malicious extensions with HitmanPro
The HitmanPro tool is free (30 day trial) and easy to use. It can check and get rid of malicious software, potentially unwanted apps and adware software in Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer and Chrome browsers and thereby delete all unwanted Dragonforwardknife.com popups. Hitman Pro is powerful enough to find and remove harmful registry entries and files that are hidden on the system.
- Download Hitman Pro on your PC by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once the download is finished, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this tool is opened, click “Next” button to start scanning your computer for the adware which cause pop-ups. This task can take some time, so please be patient. When a malware, adware or potentially unwanted applications are found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is finished.
- When the scan is finished, Hitman Pro will show a list of all items detected by the scan. Review the results once the tool has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply press “Next” button. Now press the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to delete all malware found.
Remove Dragonforwardknife.com pop-up ads with MalwareBytes
We recommend using the MalwareBytes Free. You can download and install MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) to detect adware and thereby get rid of Dragonforwardknife.com pop up advertisements from your internet browsers. When installed and updated, this free malware remover automatically scans for and removes all threats exist on the machine.
MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
After the downloading process is finished, close all applications and windows on your PC system. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBSetup as shown on the image below.
When the installation begins, you’ll see the Setup wizard that will help you setup Malwarebytes on your machine.
Once install is done, you’ll see window like below.
Now press the “Scan” button . MalwareBytes tool will start scanning the whole system to find out adware which cause unwanted Dragonforwardknife.com advertisements. Depending on your PC, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the utility is checking, you can see number of objects and files has already scanned.
After the scanning is done, MalwareBytes Free will display a screen that contains a list of malware that has been detected. When you are ready, click “Quarantine” button.
The Malwarebytes will now delete adware software which cause unwanted Dragonforwardknife.com pop-up advertisements. Once disinfection is done, you may be prompted to reboot your machine.
The following video explains step-by-step tutorial on how to remove browser hijacker, adware software and other malware with MalwareBytes Free.
Use AdBlocker to block Dragonforwardknife.com and stay safe online
Run an ad blocker tool such as AdGuard will protect you from malicious ads and content. Moreover, you may find that the AdGuard have an option to protect your privacy and block phishing and spam websites. Additionally, ad-blocker programs will allow you to avoid undesired advertisements and unverified links that also a good way to stay safe online.
Click the following link to download AdGuard. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
Once the downloading process is done, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as on the image below.
Follow the prompts. After the setup is done, you will see a window as displayed below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop unwanted ads, block Dragonforwardknife.com, as well as other malicious or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
To sum up
Once you have finished the instructions shown above, your system should be clean from this adware and other malware. The Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge will no longer display unwanted Dragonforwardknife.com web-site when you browse the Internet. Unfortunately, if the steps does not help you, then you have caught a new adware software, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the intrusive Dragonforwardknife.com ads.