Are you facing a problem with the MS Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome and IE browsers that constantly redirects to an unwanted website named Go.lnkam.com? Then, there are chances that are your system is hijacked by adware (sometimes named ‘ad-supported’ software). Adware is a part of PUPs whose motive is to make money for its developer. It have different methods of earning by showing the advertisements forcibly to its victims. Adware can generate pop ups, show intrusive ads, alter the victim’s web-browser settings, or redirect the victim’s browser to unknown websites. Aside from causing unwanted ads and browser redirects, it also can slow down the personal computer.
The worst is, adware has the ability to collect a wide variety of your personal information (your ip address, what is a web-site you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking), which can later transfer to third parties.
|Type||adware, potentially unwanted application (PUA), popups, pop up advertisements, pop-up virus|
|Removal||Go.lnkam.com removal guide|
How does Adware get on your computer
Many of the freeware out there install web-browser toolbars, hijackers, adware and PUPs along with them without your knowledge. One has to be attentive while installing freeware in order to avoid accidentally installing third-party software. It is important that you pay attention to the EULA (End User License Agreements) and choose the Custom, Manual or Advanced installation option as it will typically disclose what third-party programs will also be installed.
Computer geeks and Myantispyware lab have teamed up to create the few simple steps that allow users remove Go.lnkam.com redirect for free.
How to remove Go.lnkam.com redirect from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
In the few simple steps below, we’ll try to cover the Firefox, Edge, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome and provide general advice to get rid of Go.lnkam.com redirect. You may find some minor differences in your Windows install. No matter, you should be okay if you follow the steps outlined below: uninstall all suspicious and unknown applications, reset internet browsers settings, fix web browsers shortcuts, delete harmful scheduled tasks, use free malicious software removal tools. Certain of the steps below will require you to shut down this website. So, please read the instructions carefully, after that bookmark it or open it on your smartphone for later reference.
To remove Go.lnkam.com, use the steps below:
- How to manually delete Go.lnkam.com
- Automatic Removal of Go.lnkam.com redirect
- Use AdBlocker to stop Go.lnkam.com redirect and stay safe online
- Finish words
How to manually delete Go.lnkam.com
In most cases, it is possible to manually remove Go.lnkam.com redirect. This solution does not involve the use of any tricks or removal utilities. You just need to restore the normal settings of the computer and browser. This can be done by following a few simple steps below. If you want to quickly remove Go.lnkam.com redirect, as well as perform a full scan of your computer, we recommend that you run adware software removal utilities, which are listed below.
Uninstall recently installed potentially unwanted applications
First, you should try to identify and remove the application that causes the appearance of undesired ads or internet browser redirect, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Make sure you have closed all internet browsers and other programs. Next, remove any undesired and suspicious applications from your Control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Now, click the Windows button, type “Control panel” in search and press Enter. Select “Programs and Features”, then “Uninstall a program”.
Look around the entire list of software installed on your PC. Most probably, one of them is the adware that causes Go.lnkam.com redirect in your web-browser. Choose the suspicious program or the program that name is not familiar to you and delete it.
Windows Vista, 7
From the “Start” menu in Windows, choose “Control Panel”. Under the “Programs” icon, select “Uninstall a program”.
Select the questionable or any unknown software, then click “Uninstall/Change” button to delete this unwanted program from your computer.
Click the “Start” button, select “Control Panel” option. Click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
Choose an unwanted program, then click “Change/Remove” button. Follow the prompts.
Remove Go.lnkam.com redirect from Chrome
Resetting Chrome to original settings is effective in removing the Go.lnkam.com redirect from your web browser. This method is always helpful to perform if you have trouble in removing changes caused by adware.
- First run the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is done, your web-browser’s new tab page, default search provider and startpage will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove Go.lnkam.com redirect from Microsoft Internet Explorer
In order to restore all browser default search engine, newtab and home page you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the Microsoft Windows was installed on your computer.
First, run the IE. Next, press the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as shown in the following example.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your machine for the changes to take effect.
Remove Go.lnkam.com redirect from Mozilla Firefox
If your Firefox internet browser is redirected to Go.lnkam.com without your permission or an unknown search provider displays results for your search, then it may be time to perform the internet browser reset. It’ll keep your personal information like browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and press the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as displayed on the image below.
A small menu will appear, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the image below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to return your Firefox internet browser settings to their default values.
Automatic Removal of Go.lnkam.com redirect
Manual removal is not always as effective as you might think. Often, even the most experienced users can not fully delete adware software which causes Go.lnkam.com redirect. So, we recommend to scan your system for any remaining malicious components with free adware software removal software below.
Get rid of Go.lnkam.com redirect with Zemana
Zemana is a complete package of anti malware utilities. Despite so many features, it does not reduce the performance of your PC. Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) can be used to get rid of almost all the forms of adware software including Go.lnkam.com redirect, browser hijackers, potentially unwanted software and malicious browser add-ons. Zemana has real-time protection that can defeat most malicious software. You can use Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) with any other anti-virus without any conflicts.
- Click the following link to download the latest version of Zemana AntiMalware for Windows. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once you have downloaded the installation file, make sure to double click on the Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. This would start the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) installation on your PC.
- Select setup language and click ‘OK’ button.
- On the next screen ‘Setup Wizard’ simply press the ‘Next’ button and follow the prompts.
- Finally, once the setup is finished, Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will start automatically. Else, if does not then double-click on the Zemana Free icon on your desktop.
- Now that you have successfully install Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM), let’s see How to use Zemana Anti-Malware to remove Go.lnkam.com redirect from your computer.
- After you have launched the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM), you’ll see a window as displayed on the image below, just click ‘Scan’ button for checking your computer for the adware.
- Now pay attention to the screen while Zemana Free scans your PC system.
- Once Zemana Anti-Malware has finished scanning, you’ll be shown the list of all detected items on your personal computer. Review the report and then click ‘Next’ button.
- Zemana Free may require a restart computer in order to complete the Go.lnkam.com redirect removal process.
- If you want to completely remove adware from your machine, then click ‘Quarantine’ icon, select all malware, adware software, potentially unwanted programs and other threats and click Delete.
- Reboot your PC system to complete the adware removal procedure.
Remove Go.lnkam.com redirect and harmful extensions with Hitman Pro
If the Go.lnkam.com redirect problem persists, use the HitmanPro and check if your personal computer is affected by adware. The Hitman Pro is a downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and allows remove adware, potentially unwanted applications, and other malware. It works with your existing anti-virus.
- Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of Hitman Pro for Microsoft Windows. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After downloading is finished, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this utility is started, click “Next” button . HitmanPro tool will start scanning the whole computer to find out adware that causes Go.lnkam.com redirect in your web browser. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- As the scanning ends, Hitman Pro will show a screen which contains a list of malware that has been found. Review the scan results and then press “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to delete all malware found.
How to remove Go.lnkam.com with MalwareBytes
We suggest using the MalwareBytes Anti Malware which are completely clean your PC of the adware software. The free tool is an advanced malware removal application made by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This application uses the world’s most popular anti malware technology. It’s able to help you delete annoying Go.lnkam.com redirect from your web browsers, PUPs, malicious software, browser hijacker infections, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your machine for free.
Visit the following page to download the latest version of MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) for MS Windows. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once downloading is complete, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the MalwareBytes AntiMalware will try to update itself and when this process is complete, press the “Scan Now” button to begin scanning your PC system for the adware which reroutes your browser to the intrusive Go.lnkam.com web-page. During the scan MalwareBytes will scan for threats present on your PC. In order to delete all items, simply press “Quarantine Selected” button.
The MalwareBytes is a free program that you can use to remove all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malicious software removal utility, we recommend you to read and follow the instructions or the video guide below.
Use AdBlocker to stop Go.lnkam.com redirect and stay safe online
If you surf the World Wide Web, you cannot avoid malvertising. But you can protect your browser against it. Download and use an ad-blocking program. AdGuard is an adblocker which can filter out a huge number of of the malicious advertising, stoping dynamic scripts from loading malicious content.
- Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you will need to download AdGuard from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once downloading is finished, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the setup is complete, press “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will run automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Go.lnkam.com, as well as other harmful or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that can be found on your desktop.
Now your computer should be clean of the adware that causes Go.lnkam.com redirect in your web browser. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted web-page and undesired malicious web-pages) and Zemana (to periodically scan your personal computer for new adware softwares and other malicious software). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to delete Go.lnkam.com redirect from the Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer, then ask for help here here.