If you encounter various redirects to the Verified-extensions.com, other unreliable or suspicious webpages on the Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Internet Explorer then it is possible that your computer has become a victim of a program from the Adware family.
The Dangers of Adware. Adware is a type of invasive programs — which can infect machines — randomly reroute your web-browser to certain webpages so the owners of those sites can make revenue by displaying advertisements to visitors. It is not a good idea to have installed adware. The reason for this is simple, it doing things you don’t know about. And of course you completely don’t know what will happen when you click on any the ads.
Does adware steal your data? Adware can gather confidential information, including:
- IP addresses;
- URLs visited;
- search queries/terms;
- clicks on links and ads;
- web browser version information.
|Type||adware, PUP (potentially unwanted program), pop up virus, pop ups, pop-up advertisements|
|Removal||Verified-extensions.com removal guide|
How does Adware get on your PC
Most of unwanted ads and pop ups come from internet browser toolbars and/or extensions, BHOs (browser helper objects) and optional applications. Most commonly, these items claim itself as applications that improve your experience on the Internet by providing a fast and interactive home page or a search engine that does not track you. Remember, how to avoid the unwanted applications. Be cautious, launch only reputable programs which download from reputable sources. NEVER install any unknown and dubious apps.
So, if you happen to encounter annoying Verified-extensions.com popups, then be quick and take effort to remove adware that causes multiple undesired popups as quickly as possible. Follow the step-by-step tutorial below to delete Verified-extensions.com pop-ups. Let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
How to remove Verified-extensions.com pop ups (removal steps)
In order to remove Verified-extensions.com popup, start by closing any applications and pop ups that are open. If a pop-up won’t close, then close your web browser (Google Chrome, Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer). If a application won’t close then please reboot your computer. Next, follow the steps below.
To remove Verified-extensions.com, execute the following steps:
- Manual Verified-extensions.com pop-ups removal
- Automatic Removal of Verified-extensions.com popups
- Run AdBlocker to stop Verified-extensions.com popups and stay safe online
- To sum up
Manual Verified-extensions.com pop-ups removal
In most cases, it is possible to manually remove Verified-extensions.com popups. This method does not involve the use of any tricks or removal tools. You just need to restore the normal settings of the computer and internet browser. This can be done by following a few simple steps below. If you want to quickly get rid of Verified-extensions.com pop-up, as well as perform a full scan of your system, we recommend that you run adware removal utilities, which are listed below.
Uninstall dubious software using MS Windows Control Panel
First, go to Windows Control Panel and uninstall dubious applications, all programs you don’t remember installing. It is important to pay the most attention to applications you installed just before Verified-extensions.com pop-ups appeared on your browser. If you don’t know what a program does, look for the answer on the Web.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, click Windows button , then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter similar to the one below.
Once the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category such as the one below.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel as shown below.
Very carefully look around the entire list of programs installed on your computer. Most likely, one of them is the adware software that causes Verified-extensions.com popup. If you have many apps installed, you can help simplify the search of malicious programs by sort the list by date of installation. Once you’ve found a questionable, unwanted or unused program, right click to it, after that press ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, press ‘Start’ button and select ‘Control Panel’ at right panel as on the image below.
Once the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to click ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ as shown in the figure below.
You will see a list of applications installed on your machine. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the apps that were installed last. Most probably, it is the adware software that causes multiple intrusive popups. If you are in doubt, you can always check the application by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. After the program which you need to remove is found, simply click on its name, and then click ‘Uninstall’ as shown in the figure below.
Delete Verified-extensions.com popup from Internet Explorer
In order to recover all browser new tab page, search engine by default and startpage you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the Windows was installed on your computer.
First, open the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” as shown on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your personal computer for the changes to take effect.
Get rid of Verified-extensions.com from Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
The Mozilla Firefox reset will remove redirects to annoying Verified-extensions.com web-site, modified preferences, extensions and security settings. When using the reset feature, your personal information like passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
First, open the Mozilla Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, press the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button like the one below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Verified-extensions.com pop up from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome will help you to get rid of Verified-extensions.com pop ups from your browser as well as to recover internet browser settings affected by adware software. All unwanted, malicious and ‘ad-supported’ extensions will also be uninstalled from the web-browser. Your saved bookmarks, form auto-fill information and passwords won’t be cleared or changed.
- First run the Google Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is finished, your browser’s newtab page, home page and search provider by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Automatic Removal of Verified-extensions.com popups
In order to completely remove Verified-extensions.com, you not only need to remove adware software from your machine, but also remove all its components in your machine including Windows registry entries. We advise to download and use free removal utilities to automatically clean your computer of adware software responsible for Verified-extensions.com pop ups.
Use Zemana Free to remove Verified-extensions.com pop-ups
Download Zemana AntiMalware to delete Verified-extensions.com pop-up automatically from all of your internet browsers. This is a freeware utility specially developed for malware removal. This utility can remove adware, browser hijacker infection from Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge and Google Chrome and Windows registry automatically.
- First, click the link below, then press the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM).
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once the download is done, close all applications and windows on your computer. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click the “Scan” button to scan for adware that causes multiple undesired pop ups. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient. During the scan Zemana will locate threats exist on your personal computer.
- Once the scan get finished, you can check all threats found on your system. All detected threats will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click “Next”. When the process is done, you can be prompted to restart your machine.
Use HitmanPro to delete Verified-extensions.com pop ups
HitmanPro is a portable program that requires no hard installation to find and remove adware which cause intrusive Verified-extensions.com pop-ups. The program itself is small in size (only a few Mb). HitmanPro does not need any drivers and special dlls. It’s probably easier to use than any alternative malware removal tools you have ever tried. HitmanPro works on 64 and 32-bit versions of Windows 10, 8, 7 and XP. It proves that removal tool can be just as useful as the widely known antivirus programs.
- First, visit the page linked below, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of HitmanPro.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once downloading is complete, double click the HitmanPro icon. Once this tool is launched, click “Next” button to perform a system scan for the adware software which causes unwanted Verified-extensions.com pop-ups. When a malicious software, adware or potentially unwanted apps are found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is done.
- When HitmanPro is done scanning your PC system, Hitman Pro will display a screen that contains a list of malware that has been found. When you’re ready, press “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
How to remove Verified-extensions.com with MalwareBytes Free
Trying to remove Verified-extensions.com pop-up can become a battle of wills between the adware infection and you. MalwareBytes Anti Malware can be a powerful ally, deleting most of today’s adware, malicious software and potentially unwanted applications with ease. Here’s how to use MalwareBytes will help you win.
- Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of MalwareBytes AntiMalware for Microsoft Windows. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- When downloading is complete, close all apps and windows on your personal computer. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once setup is done, press the “Scan Now” button to search for adware related to the Verified-extensions.com pop ups. Depending on your computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. During the scan MalwareBytes Free will look for threats present on your computer.
- After the checking is finished, the results are displayed in the scan report. You may delete threats (move to Quarantine) by simply press “Quarantine Selected”. Once disinfection is done, you can be prompted to restart your personal computer.
The following video offers a few simple steps on how to delete hijacker infections, adware and other malicious software with MalwareBytes Free.
Run AdBlocker to stop Verified-extensions.com popups and stay safe online
It’s also critical to protect your internet browsers from harmful websites and advertisements by using an ad-blocker program like AdGuard. Security experts says that it’ll greatly reduce the risk of malicious software, and potentially save lots of money. Additionally, the AdGuard can also protect your privacy by blocking almost all trackers.
Visit the page linked below to download AdGuard. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
When downloading is finished, double-click the downloaded file to start it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as shown in the figure below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick tutorial as displayed below.
Press “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick guide that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired ads, block Verified-extensions.com, as well as other harmful or misleading webpages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
To sum up
Once you have done the step-by-step guide outlined above, your PC system should be clean from this adware and other malicious software. The IE, Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Chrome will no longer display annoying Verified-extensions.com web page when you surf the Net. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step guide does not help you, then you have caught a new adware software, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the intrusive Verified-extensions.com pop ups.