Unhappingcon.info popups are a social engineering attack which tries to deceive you into subscribing to browser notification spam from this or similar web sites that will in turn bombard you with popup advertisements usually related to adware software, adult web-sites and other click fraud schemes. It asks you to click on the ‘Allow’ button to connect to the Internet, download a file, verify that you are not a robot, enable Flash Player, confirm that you are 18+, access the content of the website, watch a video, and so on.
If you click on the ‘Allow’, the Unhappingcon.info website starts sending a huge number of browser notification spam on your your screen. You will see the pop-up ads even when the internet browser is closed. The push notifications will essentially be ads for ‘free’ online games, giveaway scams, questionable web-browser extensions, adult web pages, and fake software as shown in the figure below.
If you are getting browser notification spam, you can remove Unhappingcon.info subscription by going into your web browser’s settings and completing the Unhappingcon.info removal tutorial below. Once you remove notifications subscription, the Unhappingcon.info pop-ups ads will no longer show on the screen.
How does your PC get infected with Unhappingcon.info pop ups
These Unhappingcon.info pop-ups are caused by suspicious ads on the websites you visit or adware software. Adware is undesired software made to throw ads up on your web-browser screen. Adware generates revenue for its developer by automatically displaying a ton of ads and pop-up deals. You might experience a change in your home page or search provider, new tabs opening or even a redirect to shady web sites.
|Type||push notifications advertisements, pop ups, pop-up virus, pop up ads|
|Distribution||PUPs, social engineering attack, adwares, suspicious popup advertisements|
|Removal||Unhappingcon.info removal guide|
Most of unwanted ads and pop-ups come from browser toolbars and/or plugins, BHOs (browser helper objects) and optional programs. Most often, these items claim itself as applications that improve your experience on the World Wide Web by providing a fast and interactive start page or a search engine that does not track you. Remember, how to avoid the unwanted software. Be cautious, start only reputable apps which download from reputable sources. NEVER install any unknown and dubious applications.
Therefore, the adware is quite dangerous. So, we suggest you delete it from your computer as quickly as possible. Follow the guidance presented below to remove Unhappingcon.info popup advertisements from the Microsoft Edge, IE, Google Chrome and Firefox.
How to remove Unhappingcon.info popups from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
In the tutorial below, we will try to cover the Google Chrome, MS Edge, IE and Mozilla Firefox and provide general help to remove Unhappingcon.info popup advertisements. You may find some minor differences in your MS Windows install. No matter, you should be okay if you follow the steps outlined below: remove all suspicious and unknown apps, reset web-browsers settings, fix browsers shortcuts, remove malicious scheduled tasks, use free malicious software removal tools. Read it once, after doing so, please bookmark this page (or open it on your smartphone) as you may need to exit your browser or restart your computer.
To remove Unhappingcon.info pop ups, use the following steps:
- Manual Unhappingcon.info popup advertisements removal
- Delete questionable apps using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
- Remove Unhappingcon.info notifications from web browsers
- Get rid of Unhappingcon.info ads from Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Get rid of Unhappingcon.info from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
- Remove Unhappingcon.info popup ads from Google Chrome
- How to fully remove Unhappingcon.info popup ads using free utilities
- How to stop Unhappingcon.info pop-ups
- Finish words
Manual Unhappingcon.info popup advertisements removal
This part of the blog post is a step-by-step guidance that will help you to delete Unhappingcon.info pop up advertisements manually. You just need to carefully complete each step. In this case, you do not need to download any additional tools.
Delete questionable apps using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
In order to remove PUPs such as this adware software, open the MS Windows Control Panel and click on “Uninstall a program”. Check the list of installed apps. For the ones you do not know, run an Internet search to see if they are adware, hijacker or potentially unwanted programs. If yes, remove them off. Even if they are just a applications that you do not use, then removing them off will increase your system start up time and speed dramatically.
Press Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will show the Windows Control Panel as displayed on the screen below.
Further, press “Uninstall a program”
It will display a list of all applications installed on your computer. Scroll through the all list, and delete any questionable and unknown apps.
Remove Unhappingcon.info notifications from web browsers
If you have clicked the “Allow” button in the Unhappingcon.info pop-up and gave a notification permission, you should remove this notification permission first from your internet browser settings. To remove the Unhappingcon.info permission to send push notifications to your machine, perform the following steps. These steps are for Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Android.
- In the top right corner of the Google Chrome window, expand the Chrome menu.
- In the menu go to ‘Settings’, scroll down to ‘Advanced’ settings.
- In the ‘Privacy and Security’ section, click on ‘Site settings’.
- Go to Notifications settings.
- Find the Unhappingcon.info site and remove it by clicking the three vertical dots on the right to the site and select ‘Remove’.
- Tap ‘Settings’.
- Tap ‘Notifications’.
- Find and tap the internet browser that displays Unhappingcon.info spam notifications advertisements.
- Find Unhappingcon.info in the list and disable it.
- Click the Menu button (three horizontal stripes) on the right upper corner of the browser.
- In the menu go to ‘Options’, in the menu on the left go to ‘Privacy & Security’.
- Scroll down to ‘Permissions’ and then to ‘Settings’ next to ‘Notifications’.
- Locate sites you down’t want to see notifications from (for example, Unhappingcon.info), click on drop-down menu next to each and select ‘Block’.
- Click ‘Save Changes’ button.
- In the right upper corner, click on the three dots to expand the Edge menu.
- Scroll down, locate and click ‘Settings’. In the left side select ‘Advanced’.
- Click ‘Manage permissions’ button under ‘Website permissions’.
- Click the switch below the Unhappingcon.info and each suspicious URL.
- Click ‘Tools’ button in the right upper corner of the browser.
- Go to ‘Internet Options’ in the menu.
- Select the ‘Privacy’ tab and click ‘Settings under ‘Pop-up Blocker’ section.
- Select the Unhappingcon.info site and other dubious URLs below and remove them one by one by clicking the ‘Remove’ button.
- Click ‘Safari’ button on the top-left corner and select ‘Preferences’.
- Select the ‘Websites’ tab and then select ‘Notifications’ section on the left panel.
- Find the Unhappingcon.info and select it, click the ‘Deny’ button.
Get rid of Unhappingcon.info ads from Microsoft Internet Explorer
By resetting Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser you return your browser settings to its default state. This is basic when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by adware related to the Unhappingcon.info popup ads.
First, launch the Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the browser, then click the “Internet Options” as shown in the following example.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button as displayed in the figure below.
After the procedure is done, click “Close” button. Close the Microsoft Internet Explorer and restart your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web-browser’s search provider by default, newtab page and homepage to default state.
Get rid of Unhappingcon.info from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
If Firefox settings are hijacked by the adware software, your web-browser shows annoying popup ads, then ‘Reset Firefox’ could solve these problems. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
First, open the Mozilla Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed on the screen below.
Confirm your action, press the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Unhappingcon.info popup ads from Google Chrome
If you have adware software problem or the Google Chrome is running slow, then reset Chrome settings can help you. In the steps below we’ll show you a method to reset your Chrome settings to default state without reinstall. This will also help to remove Unhappingcon.info advertisements from your browser.
- First start the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is done, your browser’s homepage, search provider by default and newtab will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
How to fully remove Unhappingcon.info popup ads using free utilities
Adware software and Unhappingcon.info ads can be uninstalled from the web browser and personal computer by running full system scan with an antimalware tool. For example, you can run a full system scan with Zemana Anti-Malware, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) and HitmanPro. It will help you delete components of adware software from Windows registry and harmful files from harddisks.
Use Zemana AntiMalware to remove Unhappingcon.info advertisements
Zemana is extremely fast and ultra light weight malicious software removal utility. It will assist you remove Unhappingcon.info pop-ups, adware software, PUPs and other malware. This program gives real-time protection that never slow down your PC. Zemana Free is created for experienced and beginner computer users. The interface of this tool is very easy to use, simple and minimalist.
First, click the following link, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Zemana Anti Malware.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
When downloading is done, launch it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the Zemana Free will try to update itself and when this procedure is complete, press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware related to the Unhappingcon.info ads.
Depending on your computer, the scan may take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malware. Review the results once the utility has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply press “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) will remove adware that causes Unhappingcon.info popup ads in your web browser.
Get rid of Unhappingcon.info pop-up ads and malicious extensions with Hitman Pro
HitmanPro cleans your personal computer from hijacker infections, potentially unwanted software, unwanted toolbars, web-browser plugins and other undesired programs such as adware software that causes multiple intrusive pop ups. The free removal utility will help you enjoy your machine to its fullest. HitmanPro uses advanced behavioral detection technologies to detect if there are undesired software in your PC. You can review the scan results, and choose the items you want to erase.
Hitman Pro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
When the downloading process is finished, open the file location. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the HitmanPro desktop icon. Once the tool is opened, you will see a screen as shown below.
Further, click “Next” button for scanning your PC for the adware that causes Unhappingcon.info advertisements. This procedure may take some time, so please be patient. Once HitmanPro has completed scanning your PC system, the results are displayed in the scan report as displayed on the screen below.
Make sure to check mark the items which are unsafe and then click “Next” button. It will display a prompt, click the “Activate free license” button.
Automatically remove Unhappingcon.info pop ups with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
We suggest using the MalwareBytes that are fully clean your computer of the adware. The free utility is an advanced malware removal application made by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular antimalware technology. It’s able to help you delete unwanted Unhappingcon.info popup ads from your web-browsers, potentially unwanted applications, malicious software, hijacker infections, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your PC for free.
- Visit the following page to download the latest version of MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) for Windows. Save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- After the download is done, close all apps and windows on your PC. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is done, click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the adware that causes multiple intrusive pop-ups. This task can take some time, so please be patient. While the MalwareBytes Free program is scanning, you may see number of objects it has identified as threat.
- When the checking is done, you’ll be displayed the list of all found threats on your computer. Review the report and then press “Quarantine Selected”. When the task is done, you can be prompted to reboot your computer.
The following video offers a instructions on how to remove hijackers, adware software and other malware with MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM).
How to stop Unhappingcon.info pop-ups
Use ad-blocking application like AdGuard in order to block ads, malvertisements, pop-ups and online trackers, avoid having to install harmful and adware browser plug-ins and add-ons which affect your system performance and impact your computer security. Surf the World Wide Web anonymously and stay safe online!
Click the following link to download the latest version of AdGuard for Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen like below.
Follow the prompts. After the installation is done, you will see a window as shown in the following example.
You can press “Skip” to close the setup application and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will run automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Unhappingcon.info, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
After completing the instructions shown above, your PC system should be free from adware software that causes Unhappingcon.info popup ads in your web browser and other malicious software. The IE, MS Edge, Firefox and Google Chrome will no longer reroute you to various unwanted web-sites such as Unhappingcon.info. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help here.