Q. Premium Field app/extension. I did some searching on the Internet and cannot seem to find the information needed to remove it manually. How to get this off my MAC system. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.
A. Premium Field is an adware program. Adware is a form of malicious software which presents unwanted ads to the user of MAC. The advertisements caused by adware are sometimes in the form of a in-text link, pop up or sometimes in an unclosable window.
The worst is, adware can analyze the location and which Web web-sites you visit, and then present ads to the types of content, goods or services featured there. Adware makers can collect and sell your surfing information and behavior to third parties.
The majority of adware is bundled with free programs or even paid programs which Internet users can easily download online. The setup packages of such software, most commonly, clearly indicate that they will install optional software. The option is given to users to stop the installation of any optional software. So, in order to avoid the installation of any adware software: read all disclaimers and install screens very carefully, select only Custom or Advanced installation type and reject all optional software in which you are unsure.
|Type||adware, PUP (potentially unwanted program), pop ups, popup virus, pop up ads|
|Removal||Premium Field removal guide|
So, we advise you remove it from your MAC system immediately. Follow the tutorial presented below to remove Premium Field adware software from the Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari.
How to Remove Premium Field app/extension (Adware virus removal guide)
Not all unwanted software such as Premium Field which redirects your internet browser to unwanted ad web sites are easily uninstallable. You might see pop ups, deals, text links, in-text advertisements, banners and other type of ads in the Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari and might not be able to figure out the program responsible for this activity. The reason for this is that many unwanted apps neither appear in the Finder. Therefore in order to completely get rid of Premium Field , you need to execute the following steps. Certain of the steps below will require you to close this webpage. So, please read the step-by-step guidance carefully, after that bookmark it or open it on your smartphone for later reference.
To remove Premium Field, execute the steps below:
- How to remove Premium Field adware software without any software
- Scan your computer and remove Premium Field adware with free utilities
- Use AdBlocker to stop Premium Field and stay safe online
- To sum up
How to remove Premium Field adware software without any software
The step-by-step guide designed by our team will help you manually delete Premium Field from the MAC OS. If you are not good at computers, we recommend that you use the free tools listed below.
Uninstall Premium Field associated software by using the Finder
First, you should try to identify and delete the program that causes the appearance of undesired advertisements or browser redirect, using the ‘Applications’ list that located in the Finder.
- Open the Finder.
- Click “Applications”.
- It will display a list of all programs installed on the machine.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove Premium Field, other suspicious and unknown apps. Pay maximum attention to the application you installed last.
- Drag the dubious program from the Applications folder to the Trash.
- Empty Trash.
Remove Premium Field from Mozilla Firefox
This step will help you get rid of Premium Field ads, third-party toolbars, disable harmful add-ons and revert back your default start page, newtab and search provider settings.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and press the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as displayed below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed in the figure below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to restore your Firefox browser settings to their original state.
Get rid of Premium Field adware software from Safari
The Safari reset is great if your browser is hijacked or you have unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your web browser, that installed by an malware.
Click Safari menu and select “Preferences”.
It will open the Safari Preferences window. Next, click the “Extensions” tab. Look for unknown and suspicious addons on left panel, select it, then click the “Uninstall” button. Most important to remove all unknown addons from Safari.
Once complete, click “General” tab. Change the “Default Search Engine” to Google.
Find the “Homepage” and type into textfield “https://www.google.com”.
Remove Premium Field from Google Chrome
If your Google Chrome web browser is re-directed to unwanted Premium Field ads, it may be necessary to completely reset your web-browser program to its default settings.
- First, launch the Google Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset settings dialog box as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the web-browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Scan your computer and remove Premium Field adware with free utilities
The adware software can hide its components which are difficult for you to find out and delete completely. This can lead to the fact that after some time, the Premium Field adware software again infect your MAC OS. Moreover, We want to note that it’s not always safe to delete adware manually, if you don’t have much experience in setting up and configuring the operating system. The best way to scan for and remove adware software is to run free malicious software removal software.
Run MalwareBytes Free to get rid of Premium Field adware
We suggest using the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM). You may download and install MalwareBytes AntiMalware to detect adware software and thereby get rid of Premium Field ads from your web-browsers. When installed and updated, this free malware remover automatically detects and deletes all threats present on the Apple Mac.
Installing the MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) is simple. First you will need to download MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) on your computer by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: September 10, 2020
After the download is done, close all applications and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Run the saved file and follow the prompts.
Once install is complete, you’ll see window as shown on the image below.
Now click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the Premium Field adware. Depending on your MAC, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
When MalwareBytes AntiMalware completes the scan, MalwareBytes Free will show a list of found threats. Next, you need to click “Remove Selected Items” button.
The Malwarebytes will now remove Premium Field and move malware to the program’s quarantine.
Use AdBlocker to stay safe online
By installing an ad blocker program such as AdGuard, you’re able to block malicious websites, autoplaying video ads and get rid of a ton of distracting and intrusive ads on web-pages.
- AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link.
AdGuard for Mac download
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: January 17, 2018
- When the download is complete, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is done, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your MAC, AdGuard will run automatically and stop unwanted ads, block harmful or misleading web-pages.
To sum up
After completing the step-by-step guidance shown above, your MAC system should be clean from this adware and other malicious software. The Firefox, Safari and Chrome will no longer open unwanted Premium Field ads when you surf the Internet. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step instructions does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the Premium Field adware.